• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Platinum Status Thread

Hmm the game lags a little if I ride the bike on high gear in Hearthome.

Starting my way through Hearthome Gym.

Team:
Buizel lv. 17
Staravia lv. 20
Grotle lv. 20
Ponyta lv. 21
Luxio lv. 22
Geodude lv. 23

^My game does the same exact thing. I thought it was really strange.

Going to the third gym.

Team Status:
Grotle.png
Dotaitos ♀ LV29
Luxio.png
Rentoraa ♀ LV29
Floatzel.png
Buoysel ♂ LV29
Houndoom.png
* Doom ♂ LV29
Riolu.png
* Nipon ♀ LV15
Misdreavus.png
* Missy ♀ LV29

*Obtained in a trade with my Pearl game or friend's Diamond game.

Last edited:
Platinum's Dex is BROWNISH!

Beat Youngster Dallas (haha Dallas=me in guy form) and now can figure out where in God's name I can get a Shinx!

I beat Fantina by stalling. Because I took down Mismagius and iforgetwhatitwas, and was left battling Haunter, which kept on putting my pokemon to sleep and confusion and stuff, so I stalled with my lvl 1 Togepi and lvl 4 Bidoof. Because Haunter only knew ghost type attacking moves. So I stalled it out of Hypnosis PP first, and then out of Confuse Ray PP until Togepi got taken down by multiple Confuse Rays, then I stalled it out of Shadow Claw PP. I think those were the only moves it knew. Then it started using Stuggle and KOed itself. I know I was being cheap ^_^ It was a great victory, winning against a lvl 26 or so with a lvl 1 and a lvl 4...until I realized it took me a lousy 2-and-a-half-hours to beat her. >.>

Caught a Shinx and named her E'clair (yeah I know that French for lightning is really éclair, but I couldn't find é.

I'm being slow because I am desperately trying to hax a Skymin flower. If not I am going to have to hax fly onto my regular Shaymin >:(

TEAM IS: Spoink, Monferno, Shaymin, Jolteon, Shellos, Sneasel, all between level 15-20

I am lazy so I cheated for the other 5 on diamond and traded them over

Also I just got to Eterna and I need to beat the hell out of Gardenia so the traded guys can actually obey me DAMNIT NEIL

Preparing to take on the Canalave Gym. Current team for the gym(am going to battle people inside for extra exp again):

Quagsire lv26
Bibarel lv31(yay slave!)
Tangrowth lv33
Togetic lv24(actually trained it at Iron Island. the only attacking move it knows is metronome, so maybe I should evolve it into Togekiss and teach it Aura Sphere.)
Pepper lv41
Egg(riolu. Not bothering hatching it before the battle, so I'm just bringing it along for the ride.)

I want the secret key sooo badly. Release it already, Ninty! >:(

EDIT: Taught Togetic Magical Leaf, then evolved it and taught Togekiss Aura Sphere and Air Slash. Now it is perfect for battling.

Last edited:
Finally beated the last Gym! Yay! ^^;
Time: 14:36

Nagisa (Milotic) (f) Lv 43
Kotomi (Espeon) (f) Lv 43
Lucario (m) Lv 44
Jolteon (m) Lv 45

my platinum game jsut came in the post today
i changed my electric type from my original plan though
so far i have beaten roark... and my team is
monferno (m) lv17
luxio (m) lv16

Ugh. D:
Due to school, I've only clocked about 7 hours in 5 days and have just beaten Hearthome Gym with a bunch of underleveled Pokemon who just got schooled by Barry yesterday on the way out of the city and am way behind you guys.
Ugh.

^ I got it on MOnday and I still don't have a badge.

WiFi Plaza is amazing btw. ^^

Ugh. D:
Due to school, I've only clocked about 7 hours in 5 days and have just beaten Hearthome Gym with a bunch of underleveled Pokemon who just got schooled by Barry yesterday on the way out of the city and am way behind you guys.
Ugh.

Don't complain, I've clocked 14 hours and 49 minutes in the same 5 days and I just got to Solaceon... I also beat Hearthome Gym with somewhat underleveled Pokemon.

Buizel Lv. 20
Ponyta lv. 23
Grotle lv. 23
Staravia lv. 24
Luxio lv. 24
Geodude lv. 24

I advance at my own pace. This is my first 4th generation game, so I'm still sort of feeling around.

somewhat underleveled Pokemon.

Buizel Lv. 20
Ponyta lv. 23
Grotle lv. 23
Staravia lv. 24
Luxio lv. 24
Geodude lv. 24

Those aren't underleveled at all, except for the Buizel... Lv.23/24 is probably about the right level for that point in the game.

Mine were all in the 22 to 25 range after Fantina; if they had been any higher, the fights would be too easy (even at level 22, my Rotom singlehandedly whupped the rival guy... without taking a single point of damage...)

Finally beat Oreburgh Gym.

At some point I think I should transfer some low-ish leveled Pokemon on my hoped Platinum team from my Diamon game

Now I am training to take on Candice. My Riolu hatched, but I don't plan on using it. Current team(still in training!):

Crobat lv36
Togekiss lv37
Houndoom lv31
Pepper lv41
Quagsire lv31
Bibarel lv33

I'm not fighting her gym till all of my pokemon are at least above 41, with Pepper being close/at 50, being my starter and all. I sort of have a problem with my hm-slaves. Bibarel knows 4 attacks, all of them HM moves, and I need someone to teach Rock Climb to. I guess I could delete Cut or something and teach the deleted move to Staravia...but I can't, since Staravia can't learn anything. Maybe I'll capture a Rhyhorn, so I can make it my third slave.(like my bro did.)

Those aren't underleveled at all, except for the Buizel... Lv.23/24 is probably about the right level for that point in the game.

Sorry, meant that they were underleveled before I beat Fantina. They were between 2-3 levels lower than the ones I posted above.

Yes, Buizel is actually proved to be slightly problematic to level, but he's starting to catch up as we speak.

Still waiting for the EU release.

Can I ask something? Can you turn any Giratina into the origin forme? Because I was thinking about trading my lv100 one over once I have the game.

Anybody else find the omnipresent joggers kinda funny?

My team hasn't changed much besides levels.

Buizel lv. 23
Staravia lv. 24
Geodude lv. 24
Grotle lv. 25
Ponyta lv. 25
Luxio lv. 26

Plodding my way through the ever rainy Route 215.

I finally beat Wake, with some difficulty... and after I headed to Celestic Town to pick up Surf HM, and now heading to Canalave City for the next gym badge. ^^;

Nagisa (Milotic) (f) Lv 37
Kotomi (Espeon) (f) Lv 36
Lucario (m) Lv 37

Future Team: Milotic, Espeon, Jolteon, Lucario, Mukuhawk

Since I'm currently in Pastoria and trying to challenge Wake, what level are his Pokemon?

I just defeated Maylene yesterday.

Team:

Name-- Pokemon-- Gender-- Ability-- Item
Prince -- Prinplup -- Male -- Torrent
Vathra -- Crobat -- Male -- Inner Focus
Sai -- Alakazam -- Male -- Synchronize
Swift -- Buneary -- Female -- Run Away -- Soothe Bell
Cicada -- Scyther -- Female -- Swarm
Blackspite -- Croagunk -- Female -- Dry Skin -- Black Sludge

Back
Top Bottom