• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Platinum Status Thread

Beat the E4 and Cynthia for the first time earlier today. Cynthia seemed freakishly easy this time, especially after how hard Flint and Lucian were... I guess it's mostly due to type matchups--my Rotom took out her Togekiss and Lucario singlehandedly (the Lucario was so busy hitting himself that he didn't even get a single point of damage in!), and came very close to knocking out her Milotic as well. And of course, her Garchomp didn't do well against my Mamoswine at all (if not for the Sitrus Berry and Full Restore, the mutant sharkdragonthing would've been dead in two hits...)

Just like in Diamond, my Pokémon were all in the low 50's. The whole team ended up being either Lv.53 or Lv.54 by the end (unlike in Diamond, where only my Skuntank got up to level 54; the others ranged from 51 to 53.)

And the Battle Zone island is really different now. Not just the addition of the other four Battle Frontier things, either--pretty much all of the graphics have been redone so it actually looks like someplace with a different environment than the rest of Sinnoh.

Some of the new Battle Frontier trainers have really strange names... for example, a cameraman named Xenon, a hiker named Raiden, and a bug catcher named Amadeus.

Current Team:
Torterra ♂ (Turtle) Lv.55
Golduck ♂ (Yamcha) Lv.55
Rotom ☉ (Kami) Lv.56
Gallade ♂ (Trunks) Lv.56
Chatot ♀ (Velveeta) Lv.55
Mamoswine ♂ (Ganondorf) Lv.56

I like how most of your pokemon are named after characters from Dragonball Z. Did you make it to the Survival Area? I like like beating all of the gym leaders in the battleground.

Battleground is the locked house next to the Pokémon Center, right? One of the random NPCs mentioned that he sees Gym Leaders go in there sometimes, so I figure that's probably where it is. I've seen it, but I can't get in yet, apparently.

I haven't done the Stark Mountain sidequest thingie yet (I flew back to mainland Sinnoh to catch Dialga and Palkia first... so now I finally have a Palkia named Palooka!), so that might have something to do with it.

Beat Maylene and Crasher Wake.

Team:
[Psyche] Gardevoir Lv. 30
[Demeter] Torterra Lv. 32
[Cerebus] Houndoom Lv. 32
[Poseidon] Eevee Lv. 28 (I've decided it should be Vaporeon instead)
[Tonnerre] Luxio Lv. 33
[Staravia] Staravia Lv. 31

Err, if I said the warehouse, I meant the Eterna building. Don't know why I got those mixed up.

Messed around with all of the Battle Frontier facilities a lot today, and ended up beating three of the Frontier Brains so far--Argenta, Dahlia, and Darach. Not sure if I'm going to do Stark Mountain next, do more Battle Frontier stuff, or maybe go back and try to catch the three birds and/or Mesprit.

About the birds--I've seen them all at least once now, and weakened Articuno and Moltres into almost-ready-to-catch range, but so far they've broken out of every Quick Ball I throw... I should probably try paralyzing them or putting them to sleep or something first, but unfortunately I don't have any Pokémon with status-causing moves. Except for Confuse Ray, but I don't think that keeps them from running OR makes them any easier to catch, so it probably wouldn't help any.

Eh, my excitement has definately died down a lot. Haven't touched it in a few days or so. I do know that I'm in the Victory Road and had just captured a Gabite. Should I use it in my team?

I BEAT THE ELITE FOUR!! and the CHAMPION!!

*WOOT*

I feel strong, even through my team is only around level 55.

Man. I got Platinum the day it came out, and I just got to Pastoria City. Then again, I am taking my time to make sure I cach every Pokemon, battle every trainer, and collect every item.

Okay, so I finally gave in (after about twelve or so failed tries, three of which it ran out of PP and struggled itself to death) and just used the Master Ball on Giratina. So, okay. I then proceeded to own Volkner (actually it was a really tough battle, I had to use two Max Revives). Now I'm ready to set sail for the Pokemon League.

Team:
[Rex] Infernape (M) lv. 51
[Kokia] Staraptor (F) lv. 45
[Miles] Floatzel (M) lv. 44
[Teropea] Tropius (F) lv. 39
[Demo] Porygon (X) lv. 43
[Together] Togetic (F) lv. 40
[Heychem] Bibarel (M) lv. 28 (HM slave... taking up valuable party space >> I hate HMs.)

...Yeah, I need training. Gonna try to get the average level to 50+ before the elite four.

Okay, Azelf was hard as hell to capture. If Yawn didn't take two turns to work, I wouldn't had to have delt with Uproar. Anyways, I have seen every pokemon cept for a few, and those appear in the E4. Right now I have a training plan: Get my starter to lv 55, Main Battlers(Togekiss, Mamoswine, Crobat) to lv 52, and Hm Slaves(Bibarel, Staraptor) to lv 50. My team right now:

Pepper(Infernape) lv 49
Togekiss lv 52
Mamoswine lv 52
Crobat lv 42
Bibarel lv 42
Staraptor lv 40

Yeah, so I still have a bit of work to do. But I'm not going to barge in with lv 40 pokemon like I did in Pearl.

Platinum just arrived and my status...

Monferno lv 18
Luxio lv 17
Buizel lv 17
Budew lv 19
Bidoof lv 6(HM slave)

Training for Gardenia.

Fuck yeaaaah I got all the birds + Pixies. Articuno was caught in the first dusk ball I threw <3 And my Mesprit and Zapdos are both Timid, heh. I gotta check their IVs still and then I may EV train them up for Competitive battles.

Training my main team to level 60 before I go to try catch Heatran or Dialga and Palkia... Peaking of Palkia and Dialga, I found their orbs, where do I go to catch them?

Team:
[Elysia] Houndoom (F) Lv59
[Flick] Staraptor (F) Lv53
[Blaulich] Rotom (X) Lv60
[Baby] Vaporeon (F) Lv56
[Sona] Yanmega (F) Lv60
[Gaia] Torterra (F) Lv54

Sona finally stopped sucking since she learned Air Slash + Bug Buzz <3

Also any news about the Secret Key?

ETA: Mesprit has a SpAtk IV of 27, not bad. and a Speed of 23.

Zapdos is not so good though :/ SpAtk IV of 3 and speed of 4.

Last edited:
Palkia and Dialga are at Spear Pillar, not at the same time thought, and both of them are level 70, so you'll have to do like Doria said:
page4_bucketbros.png

:C but I went back to the spear pillar after finding the orbs and nothing was there... Do I have to do anything special?

I read something about that you have to beat the Battle Frontier first, and then go there and look for a blue shining thing. Not sure if it's true thought.

:C what does 'beat the battle frontier' mean exactly? I've been to all the areas and even have a silver print (haha I love the arcade.)

Hah aaah I'm at the E4. >_>

Team is
[Pottaishi] Empoleon lvl. 54
Prinplup, rawr.

[Lunara] Staraptor lvl. 48 or 49
I caught her right after Solari, so I named them, thar.

[Solari] Luxray lvl. 48
Rawr.

[Rosethorn] Tropius lvl. 48

[Shade] Weavile lvl. 49

[Embris] Rapidash lvl. 49

I'm thinking of switching Embris for a Houndoom, but that would take effort to train and catch. >_< Maybe after I beat Cynthia..? Anyways.. I got up to Cynthia on my first go at the Elite Four with this team, even though they're seriously undertrained. :DDD

Aaand anyone remember where the Trainer with the Monferno is? Monferno and Barboach are the only Pokemon left for my Pokedex, aside from the few Cynthia has that I didn't get to yet. *cough* DAMN YOUR LEVEL 62 GARCHOMP[/almost-rant]

Last edited:
FMC, you first have to go to Celestic Town and speak with the town elder (I think it's Cynthia's grandmother.) She'll say "I'm concerned about what it happening on Mt. Coronet." After that, go to Spear Pillar, and you will find either a blue crystal or a pink one, depending on the order the Adamant and Lustrous Orb are in. So, if Adamant if first, Dialga will appear, and vice versa.

They were pretty easy to catch, at Lv. 70.

Back
Top Bottom