• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Platinum Status Thread

So, I've made it through the Galactic HQ - all the changes made to that part were awesome. I swear Cyrus feels a lot more evil in Platinum than he did before, and that's always a cool thing. Now I guess it's time for the long-ass journey up Mt. Coronet. Kind of excited to see the Distortion World. :]

By the way, there was a Dubious Disc in the Galactic HQ!

Banquo the Drifblim, level 41
Chernobyl the Porygon-Z, level 41
Cleo the Luxray, level 42
Sergey the Yanmega, level 40
Nia the Lumineon, level 41
Alban the Infernape, level 42

Now I guess it's time for the long-ass journey up Mt. Coronet. Kind of excited to see the Distortion World. :]

I've always hated the Mt. Coronet journey: you're either forced to waste a slot or two for HM slaves or move slots on your Pokémon for Rock Climb, Strength and Rock Smash. @_@

And don't spoil yourself for the Distortion World (but do stock up on various Poké Balls before you leave - I forgot and ended up with only 6 Great Balls, 3 Ultra Balls and a Dusk Ball as far as types that would actually be useful went). I went there not knowing a thing about it except that it defied the laws of physics and it was a bit frustrating but still awesome, especially that waterfall on the ceiling. It defies Pokémon physics thrice over.

I've always hated the Mt. Coronet journey: you're either forced to waste a slot or two for HM slaves or move slots on your Pokémon for Rock Climb, Strength and Rock Smash. @_@

That's what I've always hated about it, aside from the fact that it's unnecessarily long and full of battles. When I had to use Rock Climb to get to Lake Acuity and realised by Bidoof-slave couldn't learn it, I decided to just give in and teach it to my Infernape because I knew I'd end up having to go all the way back for my HM slave after getting halfway through Mt. Coronet otherwise. :\

I'm stocking up on pretty much everything before I attempt it - I've made full use of the amulet coin in this game, so I'm rich :V

That's what I've always hated about it, aside from the fact that it's unnecessarily long and full of battles. When I had to use Rock Climb to get to Lake Acuity and realised by Bidoof-slave couldn't learn it, I decided to just give in and teach it to my Infernape because I knew I'd end up having to go all the way back for my HM slave after getting halfway through Mt. Coronet otherwise. :\

I taught Strength to my Empoleon so that it would have a nice non-Water attack (before I taught it Strength it had only Fury Attack and Metal Claw), and when I realized I needed Rock Climb I just went into my PC, found a Lickitung I'd named Tailure (I still adore the name - just see the Pokédex entry to see why I named it that) and gave it Rock Smash and Rock Climb.

The problem isn't so much climbing with the HM slave for me as it is the fact that there's Grunts all over the place. I have a strict policy of keeping my Pokémon within one or two levels of one another, and HM slaves in places full of battles (this goes for the routes leading up to Snowpoint as well, due to the necessity of Rock Smash in Coronet) kind of mess this up. Didn't help that I was forced to take Tailure to the Distortion World too (my Pokémon were all fainted by Giratina before I could catch it on my first two attempts, and Tailure was only level twenty, so).

Dang. I got Platinum a week ago, I have 21 hours and 53 minutes. I got to Solaceon two days ago, and am now taking full advantage of the daycare center to level up my not so well leveled Pokemon...I have only caught thirteen pokemon....Oh well

Fantina was freaking hard to beat!!! It took me arround five times to beat her...Grrr.

To get Dialga and Palkia, I heard you have to do a whole bunch of things.

Get the National Dex
Catch the Lake Trio
Beat or Catch Heatran
Examine the painting in Celestic Town's cavern
Talk to Cynthia's Grandmother
Have the Adamant and Lustrous Orbs

I did all those and they were there, but your mileage may vary.

Get the National Dex
Catch the Lake Trio
Beat or Catch Heatran

You need to see Dialga and Palkia for the National Dex. :/

Get the National Dex

Catch the Lake Trio
Beat or Catch Heatran

I only did the bolded things, and I got them.

Oh, I also just caught Cresselia.

Just beat Canalave Gym and all the grunts at Lake Valor (but not the Admin) and I'm now training for her and the HQ. Err, Staravia and Psyche really need to be leveled up more. Also, my Eevee evolved (yay) and is strong enough to one-hit Byron's Steelix and Bastiodon despite being extremely underleveled (almost ten for the Bastiodon) at the time. Current Team:

[Psyche] Gardevoir Lv. 33
[Staravia] Staravia Lv. 32
[Tonnerre] Luxray Lv. 38
[Poseidon] Vaporeon Lv. 35
[Demeter] Torterra Lv. 36
[Cerebus] Houndoom Lv. 36

Route 222 (and Electabuzz!) is approaching, yay. Still need a sixth pokémon because I'm not going to keep either Staravia or Tonnerre. Any suggestions?

I forgot to post my party, so here it is now:

[Penguish] Prinplup M Lv. 23
[Kazza] Kadabra M Lv. 23
Luxio F Lv. 23
Ponyta M Lv. 23
Staravia F Lv. 23

and then the last slot in my party is a four way split between:
Machop F Lv. 22 (she knows Rock Smash)
[Omlette] Togepi M Lv. 21
Eevee M Lv. 21
Budew F Lv. 21 (she knows Cut)

I beat the E4 today (on my two-week anniversary of Platinum get, too), and man was the Cynthia battle awesum. Because I had no Stun Sporing Roserade and mad prediction skillz like I did last time, I was going to have to get Garchomp to defeat my Pikachu and have Static kick in for any hope of victory. Luckily, Pikachu (somehow) survived the battle against Milotic with three HP, but when Garchomp defeated her Static didn't kick in. So I did a bit of messing around and got Pikachu back up against Garchomp. This time Static worked and paralyzed Garchomp. So I sent out Leafeon and started using Bite and Magical Leaf/Giga Drain on the Garchomp - it hit at first with a Flamethrower, but in all subsequent turns was either incapacitated by paralysis or missed with its moves. When it was down to just above the red zone, Flamethrower finally hit, which defeated Leafeon, so I sent out Empoleon and used a quick Brine to win the battle.

Lucario wasn't hard, but Togekiss ended up defeating all my Pokémon except a Houndoom, so I went into the Roserade battle with only... a Houndoom. For ten turns I was reviving things every turn and hoping they'd survive against Roserade so I could revive something else and have another Pokémon to fall back on (so to speak) should the current Pokémon faint. Finally I decided to revive Empoleon, which survived Roserade's Energy Ball with six HP, so I could revive another Pokémon too. I now had a battling Empoleon and a Houndoom and Leafeon at half health. So I sent out Houndoom, but Fire Fang missed and Roserade defeated Houndoom. I repeated the revive-cycle for another few turns until finally I had Empoleon out and half-health Houndoom and Scyther in the party. When Houndoom was sent out, she managed to hit with Fire Fang - only it left Roserade with a few HP. Scyther was sent out, and then proceeded to defeat Roserade with a Slash. Phew.

To complete my 'dex, I only need to go see Rotom and the Psychic trio now, but I'm taking a break from Platinum to play MD2.

Last edited:
So, like, I'm at the e4 and training, and I'm trying to decide on a final moveset for some of my Pokemon. Uh. Suggestions?

Currently:

Togetic [Together]
-Shock Wave
-Yawn
-Wish
-Ancientpower

Will be:

Togekiss
-Shock wave (?)
-Aura sphere
-Air slash
-Roost (?)

...But, see, I'd like to get some moves that take advantage of Serene grace. But it doesn't learn Thunderbolt. :x It's sort of a Special Wall, and I'd like to be able to cover all or most of its weaknesses. Aura Sphere covers Rock and Ice nicely, but since I don't really have an electric-type on my team, it'd be nice to have something for Flying-types... hm. Perhaps I should keep AncientPower? And then I can teach my Infernape ThunderPunch in place of Mach Punch... hm.

Also, for my Floatzel: Ice Fang/Ice Beam/Ice Punch? Its attack is higher than its special attack, but Ice Beam far outranks the other two in terms of power. And for Ice Fang vs. Ice Punch, Ice Fang is weaker but can cause flinch. What do you think?

Just defeated Candice and am readying myself for the Veilstone HQ. Staravia evolved and my levels are nice and high. Current Team:

[Psyche] Gardevoir Lv. 38
[Poseidon] Vaporeon Lv. 38
[Cerebus] Houndoom Lv. 40
[Demeter] Torterra Lv. 38
[Voler] Staraptor Lv. 39 (nicknamed French for "to fly")
[Tonnerre] Luxray Lv. 38

I've caught Tropius to go along with Bibarel for HM Slaves. Tropius knows Cut, Fly, Defog, and Strength; Bibarel knows Surf, Rock Smash, and Rock Climb (it will also learn Waterfall when I receive that HM).

I'd say Tonnerre, otherwise you'll get two of the same type.

I'm catching an Electabuzz when I get the chance to do so.

I named my Budew that. o.O

I named her because of a character in a book, so. Rosethorn might end up as a Warriors name for me :DDD

Aaaanyways, got the Monferno and Barboach for my Pogeydex, and I'm.. still training for the Elite Four. Damn it learn some Ice moves already, Weavile ;_;

Finished the Coronet quest late last night; caught Giratina in a Dusk Ball on the third try. (The first time it fainted my whole party, and the second time I accidentally fainted it.) The Distortion World kicked major ass, but it made me kind of dizzy with all the camera-angle switching.

So now I'm training for Volkner -

Alban the Infernape, level 45
Cleo the Luxray, level 45
Banquo the Drifblim, level 45
Chernobyl the Porygon-Z, level 45
Sergey the Yanmega, level 42
Nia the Lumineon, level 42

...as you can see, I have three Pokemon that are weak to electric; I also have no attacks that are strong against electric. I might be in for a rather difficult battle. D:

Alban the Infernape, level 45
Cleo the Luxray, level 45
Banquo the Drifblim, level 45
Chernobyl the Porygon-Z, level 45
Sergey the Yanmega, level 42
Nia the Lumineon, level 42

...as you can see, I have three Pokemon that are weak to electric; I also have no attacks that are strong against electric. I might be in for a rather difficult battle. D:

Heh, same thing happened to me. I think I ended up using Houndoom for most of the battle.

So I saw all of the pokemon cept in those in the E4 in the dex(wait...didn't I just tell you guys this?), wasted a Master ball on Mesprit(though I'm going to trade 4 over from Pearl after I get the Nat dex), and trained the majority of my team.

Crobat lv44/45(Or was it higher?)
Infernape lv49
Togekiss lv52
Mamoswine lv52
Bibarel lv50
Staraptor lv50

Almost done, but I'm worried I'm going to lose. I don't care though, I'll stock up(and I mean stock up) on items because once I'm done raising Crobat to 52 and Infernape to 55, I'm challenging the league.

Also Canada is getting the Key from Toys R Us. It starts on my birthday, so hopefully the Wi-fi event in the USA starts then too. If it does I'll love Nintendo. You know what, I'm going to breed a Rotom, name it Kirby, and turn it into Frost Forme. K64 reference FTW!

Gosh I hope when the secret key comes to the US Nintendo puts it available over WiFi.

Back
Top Bottom