• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Platinum Status Thread

I'm back, with a new team! Currently beaten Fantina and in Lost Tower.

[Prinplup] Hydronguin (M) Lv. 32
[Luxray] Elektrikos (M) Lv. 32
[Ponyta] Photialoga (F) Lv. 32
[Staravia] Poulaki (M) Lv. 31
[Roselia] Phytotoxia (F) Lv. 31
[Ralts] Psychevea (F) Lv. 18

Yeah, I gotta train Ralts, and it took me FOREVER to evolve my stupid Budew!

Yeah, they take a while, mine just evolved too.

Team to take on Maylene:

Porygon lv. 27 psybeam, agility, recover, magnet rise
Penguish [Pirinplup] lv. 27 pound, peck, bubblebeam, metal claw
Staravia lv. 27 roost, endeavor, quick attack, wing attack
Kazza [Kadabra] lv. 27 miracle eye, return, psybeam, disable
Luxio lv. 27 tackle, bite, charge, spark
Ponyta (currently) lv.24 stomp, fire spin, flame wheel, ember

I'm gonna level up my Ponyta, and then challenge her. Do you think that my team is good enough?

Had to use my Master Ball on Giratina = /

Training my Graveler to beat Volkner.
Most likely make her a Golem before I face him.

Team:
Infernape
Level: 55
Moves: Rock Climb, Mach Punch, Flamethrower, Close Combat

Graveler
Level: 42
Moves: Rock Blast, Rock Throw, Earthquake, Magnitude

Quagsire
Level: 46
Moves: Earthquake, Slam, Mud Bomb, Surf

Giratina
Level: 47
Moves: Ominous Wind, Ancient Power, Dragon Claw, Shadow Force

Tangrowth
Level: 34
Moves: Strength, Vine Whip, Ancient Power, Mega Drain

Wingull
Level: 26
Moves: Wing Attack, Fly, Water Pulse, Quick Attack

Wingull is just a flier. Didn't want to waste it on my Staravia that I need to train

Last edited:
Lessee...suck at Fantina's gym (even with two Bite-knowing awesome ones), so I'm trying to get a Misdreavus (off the GTS cause Diamond game with the wonderful breedable Misdreavus is somehow missing). Team:

luxio E'clair (F, Intimidate)
Bite
Roar
Spark
Tackle

grotle Mr.Wiggles (M, Overgrow)
Bite
Withdraw
Mega Drain
Razor Leaf

HM Slave (don't worry 'bout the details)

togepiPipipi (M, Hustle)
Growl
Charm
Metronome
Sweet Kiss

(Pipipi's here mainly for teh Cute Contests.)

edit: Misdreavus Japanese letters (F, Levitate) (ooh, I see an Earthquake+double battles plot!!)
Growl
Psywave
Spite
Astonish

Last edited:
I trained all my Pokémon to around level 60 and cleared Stark Mountain, but when I went back I didn't know where to find Heatran 'cause I've never caught Heatran before. :< Where is it?

So, just a question before I buy this:

With Platinum coming out about the same time as the DSi, can you PalPark in it?

Yes, you can. Platinum did make some changes because of the DSi, such as allowing certain Pokemon to be catchable in this game. (Tangela, Tropius, Legendary Birds, Legendary Golems.) There are probaly more. Unfourtunately, that still leaves certain monsters unavaible, so hopefully Nintendo makes them GSDS remakes already.

Now I beat the Elite 5 (I always call them this, since there are 5 of them) with the help of my Lv 88 Empoleon from Pearl.
I liked the DP credits better.
The legendary thingies (Mesprit and Co.) are so annoying. Uxie was relatively easy, but Azelf has gone through all of my Dusk balls and 10 of my Ultra balls, and it's at 1hp.
All of the Golbat with Mean Look are avoiding me...

Here's my team (all caught and trained in Platinum)

empoleon Lv. 76
abomasnow Lv. 75
garchomp Lv. 76
giratina(origin forme) Lv. 75
Luxray Lv. 76
staraptor Lv. 76

I also just got finished getting all of the furniture for the Villa.

I just got to Pastoria, and I already beat my Rival.

I swapped out my Ponyta for my newly evolved Roselia (level 24 Absorb, Mega Drain, Cut, Stun Spore), but other than that, my team is the same as before...Oh wait! My Kadabra is now level 28. And Staravia has traded Quick Attack in for Fly.

Can somebody tell me why we have to go to Pastoria the back way, like going through the Resort thingy? What do we have to do to get the reporter people to move in Hearthome?

You have to go to where the reporter people are on the other side to get them to go away. It's to keep you from doing the gyms out of order.

Anyway, I just got the print from Dahlia thanks to Rotom~

Beat the Elite Four last night at a grand total of 30:40 on the clock!

I now have the National Dex, have traded over my awesome Flygon and other Poke's from my Diamond, and am running around the Battle Frontier. This is cool. :V

trained all my Pokémon to around level 60 and cleared Stark Mountain, but when I went back I didn't know where to find Heatran 'cause I've never caught Heatran before. :< Where is it?

He (or she, depending on the Heatran) is in the same room where Charon was trying to steal the Magma Stone earlier.

I'm pretty sure you need to go back to the Survival Area and talk to Buck again before he/she will show up, though.

Whee. I beat the Elite Four about three days ago, so I'm now looking towards Stark Mountain...with these Pokemon:

Scyther (Male) (Nicknamed Shinichi)
Lv.54

Gallade (Male) (Nicknamed Kudo)
Lv.54

Roserade (Female) (Nicknamed Vendetta)
Lv.54

Gastrodon (Female) (Nicknamed Primrose)
Lv.56

Crobat (Male) (Nicknamed Conan)
Lv.54

Giratina (Genderless, Origin Forme) (Nicknamed Wanderer)
Lv.54

Usually I don't nickname legendaries, but...I felt like it.

I have a Villa!

So, from what that guy says, I guess it used to be Steven's?

Oh, Steven, giving away expensive summer houses for free.

Why would you need to put a spoiler tag on that? People here most likely know who he is and what he collects. Course, it could be his father, because I think he collects them too.

I'm the newest champion of Sinnoh :DD But since everyone is too, I don't feel as special. >_<

Griseous Orb=<3 Team is

Weavile, level 57, Female, Shadefrost
Empoleon, level 61 or 62, Male, Pottaishi
Tropius, level 55, Female, Rosethorn
Rotom, level 27, Genderless, Thundris
Staraptor, level 56, Female, Lunara

And I'm replacing mah Rapidash with.. Moltres or something. Or maybe Houndoom, or Giratina~ So the last spot is blank. [/happy-ish]

Because it would take so long to train, I was lazy and traded my level 83 Blaziken over from Diamond (Sasuke! :D) And swept through the E4 with him. My team is at the same status as last time, although I've caught Mesprit and am currently struggling with Uxie at 1/2 of its max HP.

Where do I find Oak, now?

Fill up the Sinnoh Dex and talk to Rowan, just like in D/P. Then you can find Oak at Pal Park, and finally in a house at Eterna City.

Back
Top Bottom