• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open The Power of Six

"Well I'll follow them on Jett, my Tropius, in a minute or so. What I noticed is that the first person to disappear, Sophia, vanished in Oldale Town at exactly 3:00 in the afternoon. The second person, a Dean Oliver, vanished in Lavender Town, exactly twelve hours later. And the other four disappeared within exactly twelve hours of each other, and all people who have gone missing disappeared in small towns without gyms...and all of them disappeared in different regions."
Jayden explained.
"How did you discover this? Where your proof?" Steven spoke up.
"That's classified." Jayden replied.
"Knowing you you probably broke into a police station or something." Iris said with a laugh.
"...Anyway this evidence has lead me to conclude that the disappearances and strange phenomena is being deliberately caused by something intelligent. Possibly a Pokemon or a villainous team...any questions?" Jayden finished.

"Twelve hours. That's half a day... Dean disappeared at 3 in the morning?" asked Code. "So whatever's doing this is bold enough to operate in broad daylight but cautious enough to act at night. Is there another pattern, like boy-girl-boy or a regional thing?" Crow looked out the window nervously. Wait, where's Freya going?
"Crow, can you get me up to the roof with Psychic?" he whispered to his Starmie's Poke Ball. Once he was on the rooftop, he started to follow Freya and Mohac.

"It doesn't really make sense to me either...well, I guess we better get going." Jayden said, sending out Grimm, his Dusknoir.
"Grimm, Shadow Sneak me onto the roof so I can send out Jett." Jayden spoke. The Dusknoir quickly grabbed him and they vanished, reappearing on the roof, where Jayden returned Grimm and sent out Jett.
"Let's see what they're up to, shall we?" Jayden said. Then he got on Jett and flew away after the others.

Mohac knew exactly where he was headed. He was the first to leave, so the rest of the collected Elites were behind him, following his lead. As of now, they were at Lily of the Valley Island, which meant they were closer to Sinnoh than anywhere else. That was convenient, for what Mohac sought resided there. The most powerful Steel-Type Pokemon could be up to some trouble.
Stark Mountain loomed over the region like a parent, watching its every move solemnly. Deep within the cave lurked a powerful entity, of which he had encountered several times during his journey.
They arrived at Stark Mountain, and Mohac wasted no time returning Chain and heading in. D'jango hovering by him, her intimidating glare kept away any stray Pokemon that decided they may want to battle him. D'jango was Mohac's partner, and she had never let him down.
Heatran lived in the mountain's deepest part. He had no means of getting there other than simply exploring until he found the entrance, for he had no map. However, something told him that someone useful was there-
"Hey, Mohac," called a familiar voice. It was Buck, the Stark Explorer. He seemed to spend a lot of his time here, searching for some ancient relics. Mohac met Buck once during his journey, whilst battling Volcarona in the Desert Resort.
"Need help? For some reason, I feel as if you're headed to the deepest part." Mohac nodded. "Well then, just follow me." He tagged along, and the trip was short as Buck expertly lead him through tight passages that were likely unknown by anyone except Buck himself.
The cavern that was the entrance was soon before them. "Well, have fun," Buck said. And he head off.
Slowly, Mohac crept into the cave, searching the place for Heatran. It was nowhere to be found...
Something fell from the chamber's ceiling, probably a rock or something of the sort. Oh! It was not a rock at all! Deep beneath the ground, where the beast was most effected, Heartran cried his mighty roar, and cloaked himself in fire, charging headlong at Mohac.
Mohac sunk his heels in the ground, ready to command D'jango. Just before he did so, his head began to ache. He fell to the ground, enveloped by another psychic attack. What a wonderful time for that!
He saw a man, but only his black silhouette. His eyes were red, and were visible easily, unlike the rest of him. He rose one arm and a collection of powerful Steel-Type Pokemon clamped on, forming a sort of power suit for him...
He came to again, and saw Heatran, mere feet away from him- and he blacked out.

Jayden and Jett landed in front of Stark Mountain.
"I smell trouble. Jett, return. Grimm, Shadow Sneak us to the deepest part." Jayden said. He and Grimm were suddenly inside the volcano. Jayden saw Mohac and Heatran.
"...Why'd you come here, Mohac? Do you think it's the cause of all this?" Jayden asked.

Last edited:
Mohac shook his head. Of course, he didn't believe that Heatran was the cause at all- but he knew very well that he was a Steel-Type, and that it could wreak horrific havoc. It seemed imperative to destroy the obvious threat, which he had failed at. Mohac's lips parted, forming the first words he had spoken in quite some time. "No." His fear of speaking was gone. He stood up, a bit battered.
He took a deep breath, and furrowed his eyebrows. "Hyper Voice!" The three heads of his draconian partner screamed a terrible sound, with decibels so powerful that it pushed Heatran back a few feet. "Finish with Crunch!" D'jango's teeth extended to a foot a piece, and they pierced Heatran's skin. The magma spider fainted- or so Mohac thought. It got back up quickly and brewed a maelstrom of flame around the hydra. It was battered severely, and could barely keep itself off the ground. The storm died a bit, but a weak fiery vortex still surrounded D'jango.
Suddenly, all three of D'jango's heads began to glow- one red, one yellow, and one blue. Then it shot! Three beams, one of fire, one of electricity, and one of ice were launched at Heatran with extreme force. It flew backward and hit the wall hard, then fell down, defeated. D'jango learned Tri-Attack.

Code rushed into the cave just as Mohac's Hydreigon finished it off. "Jayden? Mohac? Are you--?" He didn't really need to ask, of course they were okay. Heatran started to rise, then slumped down, defeated. Wait, it might wake up later. Releasing his Starmie, he said, "Crow, Psychic that thing deeper into the cave. I don't want it waking up and causing more trouble anytime soon."

The deed was done, but the main mission's surface hadn't even been scratched. As of then, all they had done was make sure Sinnoh didn't explode in flame, although it required knocking out a seemingly innocent Pokemon.
Next, they had to figure out where the corruption was coming from. The only sensible thing to do seemed obvious to Mohac.
"Code, halt," he barked. "Bring that Heatran back over here."

"Code, halt," barked Mohac. Code looked up, then signaled to his Starmie to stop. Crow hadn't been able to push the 430-kilogram Heatran very far, anyways, even with his Psychic.
"Yeah? What?" asked Code. "Find the source of corruption? It wouldn't be here... would it?" He examined the battered body of Heatran more carefully, then yelped as it shifted a little. The fire-spider was still unconscious, though, so he shrugged and kept on searching.

"Of course it's not phsyically obvious- but perhaps if we have a Pokemon neurologist study it, we can see what its problem is, and therefore at least form a basic idea of where the source is," Mohac replied. "C'mon, let's go to Fennel's."

"Well I have a lot of information about this crisis on my lab top that I haven't been able to look at yet. Most of it is unconfirmed and simply speculation...but it might help. But we probably should go to Fennel's too." Jayden explained.

Freya and Sabrina were the last to arrive at Stark Mountain. They noticed that everyone else had gotten into a battle with something large.
"Sorry we're late," said Freya."Hit some rough winds and Bobby here got into a battle with a tough Skarmory. It looked bizarre that Skarmory. Just the way that it's eyes looked. What happened here?"

"Heatran," Mohac replied. He had forgotten that he had not talked much prior to this event- Freya and Sabrina were probably surprised. "He was infected, and we defeated him. We plan to take him to Fennel's shortly, to scan his brain. First we're going to take a look at Jayden's laptop." Mohac turned his head to Jayden. "Show us what you've got."

Cynthia's X-Transciever rang. She answered it quickly. "Hello?" "Mohac here. Status update. We defeated Heatran, and plan on bringing him to Fennel to analyze." Cynthia was impressed. To express this, she replied, "You can talk?"

"I was going to bring this up earlier, but we left before I got the chance. Most of this stuff we either already know, or it's unconfirmed. I say we try to confirm it."
Jayden began.
"It's been speculated that the steel types are only the beginning, and that, if we don't stop it soon, it could spread to other Pokemon. I've noticed that my Dusknoir has been acting wierd. He started stalking people I traveled with...especially Sophia before she disappeared. I hate to say it but I think he's involved in all the disappearances. I've been to all of those regions so he could have easily Shadow Sneaked there. All the missing persons either owned a ghost type or were traveling with someone who did own one." Jayden said. He paused for a minute and pulled out his labtop to check it, because he forgot most of the other stuff.
"I think maybe there's been a change in our world's electromagnetic field, and that's why this is happening. If that's true, this could be unchangable. It could always be like this. Maybe we should just adjust to the changes instead of trying to stop it." Jayden explained his theory.
"Electromagnetism effects the evolution of Magneton and Nosepass...I say we find one of them, take it to Mt.Coronet and let it rampage until it levels up so we can see if it will still evolve. All of us will be there so if it gets out of hand...we'll do what we have to do." Jayden finished up.

"Okay, so a quick tl;dr... Steel-types seem to be only the beginning, and Ghost-types are slowly starting to be affected too?" Code said in disbelief. "And the magnetic field of the world is... shifting poles or something? I like your plan, but where are we going to get a Magneton or a Nosepass?" He shifted nervously. "We'd have to get really close to throw a Poke Ball, even in the way of a rampaging one."
Code stood up. "If both Steel- and Ghost-types are affected, then we should see if we can find and subdue other legendaries of those types, like Dialga and Giratina. They're both in Sinnoh, like Heatran, and so is Mt. Coronet. Maybe there's a connection there."

Mohac shook his head. "It doesn't add up," he replied. "Yes, Ghost-types are missing, and Steel-Types are acting up, and while I do not argue that it could be the fault of your Dusknoir, I don't think it's the poles. We can try, but I think I have another idea of what it could be. I mean, let's look at this from more than one perspective here- while what you're saying is completely possible, we would see other effects not only on Pokemon but on the earth itself. For example, the aurora borealis would be visible across the entire world, meaning we should see glowing lights in the air right now. It's because of this that I have been lead to believe that it is not a shift in the magnetic poles.
"Additionally, while in the cave, I had a vision. A man, who attracted Steel Pokemon to himself. This may be a major source. He could be unnaturally shifting the poles, which is the reason we cannot see the aurora borealis from here. Until we discover the truth, we shall see. For now, we should analyze Heatran's brain before it awakens, and carry on with the Nosepass afterward. Otherwise, we would be risking letting Heatran wake up and wreak more havoc."

"Hmm. Instead of having a Psychic pokemon teleport this huge thing, why don't we contact Fennel and have her come here? Then we could avoid the risk of having Heatran wake up in Unova and cause damage there, where we would be responsible," said Code.

"I don't have her number. I think maybe we should split up...I think I'll go check about the Nosepass...Nosepass aren't as violent as Magneton, or as powerful, so I'm finding one of those." Jayden said.

"Sounds good," Mohac said. "You stick with your idea, me with mine. Code and Freya can go their own ways, or go with one of us. There is also a Heatran in Unova- while I'm there, we'll take that out as well. Code- what are you going to do?"

Back
Top Bottom