• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed The Program

Coloursfall

THIS IS HOW WE BLEED
ooc thread

A thin, tall man sat in a desk at the head of the large classroom, fingers steepled and staring at the teen starting to awake in the desks over top of them. His long blonde hair fell in curls around his shoulders, and his blue eyes held a dark expression. When he suspected that the teens were awake enough to hear him, he stood and started to write on the board. He turned and tapped the writing with a stick.

“Hello kids, my name is Laramie, nice to meet you all. Welcome to The Program! Come on, wake up.” He said, slapping the stick on the desk of a white-blond haired boy up front.

Tem sat up with a start, mumbling ‘wasn’t me’, and then looking around with wide eyes. When he saw the writing on the board, he swallowed.

Shit. The Program… That’s not good! Shit.

He bit his lip and scanned the crowd, and his eyes rested on his sister. He looked mad for a moment, but let his expression return to normal. Laramie continued.

“I hope you all know what The Program is, so I don’t have to recount too much to you. If you will touch your necks, you’ll notice the collars, so no funny business. We’ve had trouble in the past with kids during this part, so one can’t be too careful.” He droned, pacing in the front as he spoke.

He’s crazy! Tem thought, biting a bit harder on his lip.

Slap.

A girl with short brown hair snaps up in her seat, eyes widen and trying to focus on what was going on. She looks around nervously and sees her brother in a desk a few spaces away from her. She then slides her eyes to the board before her and her colored drained.

The Program...oh god. No. No!

She starts to shivver in her seat, a strong need to vomit as fear and shock claim her body. She looks back at her brother and a pleading look in her eyes telling a million stories, all revolving around the topic of 'Why are we here?!'

"Tem...." she whispers timidly, hoping he heard her plea.

A few hours previous

It was a bright sunshiney day in the Kanto region, as per the usual. The few clouds in the crisp blue gave it just the right look to be a gorgeous day. It was a kind of day that erased any tiredness from a person as they were waking up, and the perfect day for travel. Arneel enjoyed days like this- It really helped to lift one's moods. He had just left Celadon City after stocking up on supplies, and made his way outwards... When suddenly on all sides he was flanked by strange men in black suits. One of the men looked him over carefully, and then stepped forward as he spoke.

"You are Arneel Rodgers, correct? We'd like you to come-" The man's words were cut off by a sudden fist to the throat. The man's windpipe was flattened, and he fell down as he struggled and failed to breathe. The other men mobilized at this. Several drew weapons- A sudden flash of metal, and all the gun wielders found themselves with several inches of sharp steel dug into their chests. Seemingly from nowhere the boy produced a knife and lunged towards one of the few survivors, cutting him down. As he swirled around to face the remaining men, he heard the familiar pop and rush of energy that was of a Pokemon being released from its Pokeball. He looked to his left- A large orange insect that reached about to his kneecap, with a giant mushroom on its back that made it seem almost as tall as he was.

"Parasect, Spore." With a cluster of unidentifiable sounds, the insect obeyed and sent a green powder the young boy's way. He could not help but breath. The spores were quick and swiftly entered his bloodstream, shutting down vital systems faster than his body could form defenses. Arneel struggled against this, taking heavier and heavier steps as he tried to reach the man who had released the Pokemon, raised his knife...

A swift kick to the gut knocked the wind out o him, and Arneel fell to the ground as the Spore attack finally completed its work. The last thing he felt before he fell unconcious was something being slipped around his neck...

-----

"...he Program is, so I don’t have to recount too much to you. If you will touch your necks, you’ll notice the collars, so no funny business. We’ve had trouble in the past with kids during this part, so one can’t be too careful.”

Arneel finally awoke after who knew how long. His head was pounding, and he paid little attention to what was said. He didn't need to hear the man's words to know what was going on, and so he was looking throughout the room for something to use. Arneel knew that if he hadn't of made it obvious he had weapons that they most likely wouldn't have searched his bag- But since he did he knew without a doubt he was now unarmed. Arneel did not say a word, and kept on examining the room silently.

Sergio's head hurt. The lights were just making it worse. He squirmed uncomfortably in his chair and dared to crack one eye open, rubbing the other vigorously and dislodging his glasses slightly - oh good, they were still there - as he squinted and tried to read the handwriting on the board. The Pro-

Aw.

Aw, fuck.

Mysteriously finding that his eyes weren't quite so painful any more, Sergio immediately looked down and touched the empty spaces on his belt with a sickening feeling of iron dread clamping his stomach. Bastards. He fingered the hollows for a moment, feeling his lip draw back into an inhuman snarl before looking back up and turning his attention to the others around him. Collars. Mix of boys and girls; his age or a little younger, he supposed. He doubted he could take very many of them by himself.

He was completely and utterly screwed. He just had that kind of feeling. Admittedly after discovering that one is stuck in a nigh-unwinnable game involving murder and deceit that kind of feeling was often experienced. At least he wasn't shitting himself just yet. It was more of a 'cold dread' kind of thing.

"Suicidal kids aren't as much fun, huh?" Sergio said finally, not entirely sure why.

The girl yawned, stretching a little as she sat up. It took her a few minutes to register her surroundings. Where in Arceus's name am I? she thought as she tried to hear whoever was talking.

"...you all know what the Program is..." was all Minnie needed to hear to get herself up; she shot straight up. The Program?!? This is a dream. This has got to be a dream...

There's no way I'd be this lucky in real life.

"Scorpio, kill him!"

She pointed her finger at the man who had discovered her, examining the Drapion proudly. He was strong, tough, loyal, brave... everything she had ever wanted in a Pokemon.

The large purple scorpion charged forward, his pinchers poised for the kill. They closed around the man's throat, cutting off his air supply.

As the man's face began to turn red, he struggled, trying to get out of the Drapion's grasp. An impossible feat.

One of his hands was still on Scorpio's arm, still futilely trying to pull him off. The other reached down, fiddling with his belt, as if though he was looking for something.

She spotted the flash of silver too late to recall him, and with his last breath the policeman twitched his finger.

A loud bang that was purely in Acuity's mind resounded in synchronization with a loud slapping noise.

She jumped and opened her eyes, partially to drive the scene out of her mind and paritally to find out what that sound was.

Her sight was blurry for a second before it cleared, and she could see that she was in some kind of classroom, in the front row, by a man with long, curly, blonde hair.

What the hell?

He spoke.

“I hope you all know what The Program is, so I don’t have to recount too much to you. If you will touch your necks, you’ll notice the collars, so no funny business. We’ve had trouble in the past with kids during this part, so one can’t be too careful.”

Her fingers almost subconciously reached up to her neck as he said it, indeed finding a collar.

I am NOT a dog! she thought furiously.

Acuity had heard of The Program a few times before, although she was rough on the details, like the fact that the people involved wore collars.

Still, she did know that it was pretty much the end if you got involved. Only one person could ever come out alive, a one in fifteen chance. And it was known to be unfair; each person got one Pokemon, completely random. She remembered hearing from TV that one poor sucker had been killed almost immediately when he and his loaned Caterpie had stumbled across a rather violent contestant with a Salamence.

She hoped that she had awoken from her nightmare into another dream. And she hoped that if it was real, she would atleast get to be the one with the Salamence.

Raiha gave an audible groan, before raising his head, looking at the board, then going back down. I'm just in class... Wait a minute...

Eyes darting back up, he saw the words The Program, and stood still for a moment, before the dread started to sink in.

"Fuck. Why me? What the hell did I do to make these guys angry? If it was that girl I was talking to yesterday, I swear to god she was overreacting, it wasn't me!"

"These collars will provide us with audio for our broadcasts, and contain a small bomb as well... Try to escape or no-one dies in 24 hours, and boom! You go sky-high. So make sure to keep everything fun, kiddies." Laramie chirped, lifting the chin of a small, blond girl with the pointer.

Kitty swallowed, tears in her wide eyes. She had heard a little about The Program, they said it was bad... She wasn't allowed to watch it when it was on TV. She whimpered, and Laramie smirked at her.

He started to walk down the isles, smiling and tapping on each desk.

"Each of you will get a bag of food, water, a few basic supplies, and your weapon. A single Pokeball will be contained in your bag, use it well!"

He stroked a tall girl's long hair as he passed her. Dahlia frowned, glaring at the man as he walked. Asshole.

"You'll have to fight to get out of here, and don't even try to escape. We maintain a powerful Psychic barrier at all times about a mile out around the island. "

A boy right behind Tem sunk a bit lower in his desk. Saber frowned, eyes locked on the strange man.

Tem scowled, reaching out a hand to his sister.

"It's ok..." He muttered.

Last edited:
A brown haired boy lowers his head on the desk as the 'Teacher' walked by. He lets out a soft canine growl when he did pass, fingering his necklace nervously. On the back of the fang charm was the name 'Josh'.

Tsuki reaches out her hand and holds her brother's, squeezing it was panic starts to ease away.

"I...I hope so..."

Then, another hand lays on the twins. Tsuki turns to face a girl their age with pale blue eyes and long black hair. The girl smiles, clicking her tongue in her cheek.

"Don't worry twins pals o' mine. The ghost will get us out...that is, if mr. 'I'mma afraid of ghosts' here doesn't pass out again"

Tsuki lets out a strained chuckle.

"Nows...not the time Shana..."

Acuity continued to listen carefully with almost all of her mind, except for a small part that wondered if 'basic supplies' meant 'toilet paper.'

She looked around at the others when the blonde creep had passed. Atleast she wasn't alone in the fact that she looked nervous and somewhat pissed.

She vaguely wondered what she should try to do. Should she hide and escape their notice? Should she kill them all off first? Should she make alliances with them? They all seemed like risky ideas, but they were the only options she could see.

Perhaps she could do all three, she realized. Kill some of them off, hide from others, and team up with the rest. She, personally, thought it was ingenious. There was one problem, and that was catagorizing the other fourteen people.

Wait until you see their Pokemon. Kill the weak ones, hide from the strong ones, and team up with those who are fairly equal. Actually, maybe you should team up with the weaker ones. If they're smart, they'd be glad for your protection, and if they're dumb, you can easily pick them off anyway. That's a good thing, too, because only one person can leave alive. If you want it to be you, join with the weak ones, and then when all the others are eliminated, you can easily kill them and win.

This was all assuming she got a good a Pokemon and wasn't one of those weaker ones.

This led to her wondering what Pokemon she would end up getting. She hoped it was something good. She could work excellently with Scizor, and Scyther as well. She was also good with Weavile. Luxray weren't half bad. Nor were Drapion.

She stopped thinking when she realized that all those Pokemon had been on her former team.

She realized something else, too, and raised her hand to ask. She would've normally just blurted out her question, but she wouldn't put it past this freak to kill her just for the heck of it.

"Shana..." Tem mumbled, but did nothing else.

"Yes?" Laramie said, pointing the stick at Acuity. "You have a question, missy?"

He picked up a peice of paper of the teacher's desk and glanced at it, awaiting her question. A Beautifly, previously unmoving, fluttered from where it had sat on the windowsill and landed on his shoulder.

Arneel finally came to the conclusion that the room was empty. The desks could possibly work as weapons- But that would be assuming he could figure out who held the detonator for his bomb collar, and could take him out before it was triggered. Once on the island he'd have to find a way to get that collar off. Arneel cautiously moved and mimed that he was scratching at an itch- In reality he was making an attempt to discern the material the thing was made of.

He had not spoken a word thus far, and had resolved not to as long as that collar remained around his neck. If they wanted audio entertainment they would not get it from him, nor from any of his kills, he had resolved that much. He would move silently, act silently, fight silently, kill silently. As long as they could listen in on him, they would have nothing to listen to.

Acuity was half-glad that the guy- Larry or whatever his name was- had noticed her, and half-freaked.

She put her hand down, swallowed, and then asked.

"If we win, do we get our Pokemon back?"

It might have been a bad idea to ask, since it could give all the other people more motivation, but she was just too curious. Was there something to work for outside of this classroom, or should she just give up now?

Raiha glanced at Acuity for a second, then mentally shrugged and turned to Laramie. Doesn't matter, it's not like I have anything to get back...

"I have a question too," he said, not bothering to raise his hand. "Why us? What makes us so special that you want to pit us against each other and let us fight to the death?"

Laramie smiled at the question-askers, stroking the Beautifly's head gently. He was quiet for a good minute, then started walking among them again.

"You will have your Pokemon returned to you if you win. If you lose, The Program will take possession of them, and they will be entered into the random drawings for future Programs. And why?" He turned towards Raiha. "Because people need something to watch. It keeps them entertained. Understand?"

Tem growled. He understood, alright. They were using the deaths of kids for amusement. It made him sick. But he dare not speak, lest something befall his sister and friend. He just glared.

Then Laramie returned to the front desk and waved the paper.

"When I call your name, you will head to the front, pick up a bag, and leave. Good luck." He said, looking at the sheet. "Tem Whyte."

Tem stood and glanced back at Tsuki and Shana. He gave the girls a look that plainly said 'I'll wait for you' and walked to the front, scooping up a bag and rushing out. Laramie smiled and looked at the list again.

"Acuity. Allyana Johanneson Leighdeist. Vai Kisubo. Minnie Cervantes. Jonathan 'Raiha' Laurel. Arneel 'Backstab' Rodgers. Sergio Torres. Tsuki Whyte. Royal Wanlass. Saber Smith. Dahlia Jones. Kitty Vineyard. Josh Timber. Shana Moon." He read off.

The bags waited quietly in their corner.

As soon as Allyana's name was called, she nervously stood and approached the bags. It was still a shock to her, this entire thing so she didn't even think. Her body just moved and took the bag, then waited for further instruction.

Acuity picked a bag that was near the bottom of the pile in a random decision and headed out the door.

As soon as she was outside, she rushed into some bushes and checked her bag. Heh, there really was food in there. She had been doubting that.

Near the bottom was the small, round Poke Ball. She grimly wondered what trainer it had once belonged to, and whether her remaining Pokemon would be having to hang out with it after this was over.

She was tempted to open the Poke Ball right then and there, but she knew that atleast one person had to be extremely violent. The flash of light might alert them. She should go somewhere secluded first, and then figure out a strategy based on the mystery Pokemon's identity.

She stuffed the supplies back into the bag and ran somewhere to the northeast, hoping no one followed.

((@ s_l: I think Minnie would just be like "Ooh, Pokemon battle! Tremble before my power!" and proceed to lose. XP))

As her name was called, Minnie dashed over to the bags. She picked one on top of the remaining bags, hoping that it would be an omen that she would come out on top of everyone else. She walked back, imagining what awaited her if she won...

Sergio frowned at the man, fear still having not quite settled into his head yet. He was really more pissed off at the fact that he wasn't even allowed to defend himself with his own damn Pokémon; his teammates, his friends. Fucking bastard, he was going to win just to show him then he was going to beat the goddamn shit out of him -

Right, right, he told himself. Get angry later. He still needed to find a decent place to stake out and hopefully get an acquaintance with whatever Pokémon he would receive. As his name was called he stood up and hovered his hand over the bags for a good few seconds, pausing over one and picking it up. He had a good feeling about it. He turned on his heel and left, spitting on the floor in some sort of tiny rebellion.

The area was already deserted; the others who had gone before him had clearly taken the hint and scarpered before anyone else could follow. Sergio sniffed and hoisted his bag onto his shoulders, dashing off to the west and listening carefully for tiny cracks of bark, rustles of leaves against the denseness of the forest around him. Trees. He touched the trunk of each one as he passed them before coming to a stop beside a large, gnarled oak. Perfect. Sergio's feet scrambled against the flaking bark and he slipped more than a few times - he was far more equipped to take a lower path, but there didn't seem to be much undergrowth - climbing up but after a few minutes, he was a secure few feet above everyone else.

Good. Maybe he should release his Pokémon now... or maybe not. Was anyone here?

Raiha grabbed his bag and walked outside, peering in it. Food, yay. Grabbing the pokeball, he spun it on his finger like a basketball, wondering what was inside it. Dashing outside, he ran until he saw a large rock. Proceeding to roll behind it, he silently reviewed his anger.

The only people who'd be seriously entertained by this are sick bastards and people who don't realize it's real... Raiha thought to himself. I need a plan, because I won't kill a girl, and the only way I can seriously kill a guy is with whatever's in this ball, or with my bare hands.

Clicking the ball to enlarge it, he tossed it in front of him, revealing a Hariyama.

"Not the best, but not the worst either..." he mumbled to himself. "Yo dude." Extending his arm, he shook the Hariyama's hand. "Guess your a pretty nice guy, huh?"

Back
Top Bottom