• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The QUILTBAG Club (formerly the LGBT club)

((d^_^b)) and here I was thinking facebook was full of homophobes and conservative hicks. Those 97,793 folks who voted against it are probably all from the South though, just sayin

Wait, why do you have to choose between gay rights and legalizing marijuana?
It's not like they're mutually exclusive ?_?

I mean if the Netherlands is any indication the opposite seems to be true.

Last edited:
Those 97,793 folks who voted against it are probably all from the South though, just sayin

Lots of planets countries have a south! And if us Westcountrians were any more chillaxed, we'd be comatose :D

Those facebook quizzes confound me utterly. WHICH IS BETTER, MALE OR FEMALE??? and SHOULD FOOTBALLERS BE PAID MORE THAN SOLDIERS?
Accurate, reliable and unbiased data-gathering for the win.

That's not necessary and is probably actively harmful. Please don't equate bigot with southerner.

Well, in his defense, the South is a pretty desolate place in terms of LGBT-friendliness. Though things are slowly improving.

American south, particularly around the Arkansas/Tennessee/Mississippi/Alabama area. People actually place anti-LGBT signs outside their homes.

Still, pretending that the US south is the problem and that everything'd be just fine and dandy without the US south is not at all helpful. Particularly since there are plenty of people who aren't assholes from the south!

I never said it was THE problem. It's just a major contributor, especially in America. I live in the south and yes, there are a lot of people who aren't assholes. But the ones that are make up for it, believe me.

There are a lot of assholes.
And not the good kind.
images

I never said it was THE problem. It's just a major contributor, especially in America. I live in the south and yes, there are a lot of people who aren't assholes. But the ones that are make up for it, believe me.

It all depends on where in the South you are; I live in Central Texas* and don't see any more homophobia than I imagine would be in an average high school / college setting anywhere... if we're going to demonize anywhere, Utah would be my first instinct.

*Admittedly, Austin's predominately liberal; it was the only blue county in all of Texas in the 2008 presidential election, I believe.

^ Texas is too awesome to be part of the South. It's like its own little government. :3 I'm talking about the Arkansas/Tennessee/Mississippi/Alabama area, where they'll withhold you from getting a job on an application if it's discovered you're gay. And they'll put it in the local news afterwards.

^ Texas is too awesome to be part of the South. It's like its own little government. :3 I'm talking about the Arkansas/Tennessee/Mississippi/Alabama area, where they'll withhold you from getting a job on an application if it's discovered you're gay. And they'll put it in the local news afterwards.

Happens other places too. Up in here Michigan my friend's grandfather runs one of the local hardware stores and is quite homophobic. Another friend of mine has parents who call me "the boy who thinks he's gay". Michigan =/= the South and it's just as bad.

Dear QUILTBAG Club.
On facebook, there is a survey that asks two questions. It gives four options but you can only choose one.
At the time of writing, here are the votes:

"Do you support Gay Rights and Weed Legalization"
592,375 - (Gay Rights) Yes
97,793 - (Gay Rights) No
395,080 - (Weed) Yes
102,060 - (Weed) No

592,375. to 97,793.

This makes me happy.

A lot of my friends and I contributed to that number. I wonder how many of us have already seen this and voted on it.

(psst I'm not actually joining the club unless mere supporters are allowed, I'm straight as...uh, something that is mostly completely straight...?)

(psst I'm not actually joining the club unless mere supporters are allowed, I'm straight as...uh, something that is mostly completely straight...?)

I'm pretty sure there's no organization/structure to this "club" any more, it's mostly just post about the topic at hand if you have something to say about it.

A lot of my friends and I contributed to that number. I wonder how many of us have already seen this and voted on it.

Where is this survey? I wish to contribute to that number also~

Guys! so there's an quiltbag thing at the school I'm looking at and I was wondering what kind of things quiltbag clubs do (to raise awareness?) What kinds of things would I be expected to do if I joined? :o

I know that Cardiff's LGBT+ Association is split into two groups, one a social wing and one an activist wing. The social wing is, as can be inferred from its name, about social events. They hold coffee mornings, film nights, club nights etc for gays LGBT+ students to meet and interact and whatnot.

The activist wing is all about LGBT+ rights and such. They've managed to get the Student's Union to agree to installing a unisex toilet in the Union and a bunch of other stuff. There was a story in gair rhydd, the student newspaper, about gay students who got asked to leave Solous, the university's nightclub, and they were all "wtf" to the staff about that...

It probably varies depending on where you are, but something that combines the two things above is probably what you'll find.

More Facebook exploits.

tumblr_ljatbs2WgP1qfjwppo1_500.png

He never replied, but hey... this guy's nearly 18, according to his profile. Guess it's not just kids who are uneducated...

Flying Mint Bunny - hunter of homophobes

Back
Top Bottom