• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The QUILTBAG Club (formerly the LGBT club)

It's not that people /wouldn't/ find us attractive because we're overweight, it's more that we simply don't like being fat and assume that the smoking guys that we want to be with wouldn't go so low as one of us.

I have the same self esteem issue. Though most days I can get over it.

Lorem Ipsum said:
Harle (I can call you that right?) has exactly the same problem that I have. It's not that people /wouldn't/ find us attractive because we're overweight, it's more that we simply don't like being fat and assume that the smoking guys that we want to be with wouldn't go so low as one of us.
That's how I read it.

Pathos said:
If the person you're with or the person you want to be with has a problem with your weight or doesn't want to be with you because of your weight, do you really want to be with them?

"Does everything seem wrong with your body according to a sexual partner? If so, the problem is your partner, not your body."
That's what I was going to say/have already said.

Hopefully any potential boyfriends really could make you feel better, Harlequin and Lorem Ipsum? D: I haven't been in your position, but I hope you figure out a way to make yourselves feel better about it; maybe trying to adopt a healthier lifestyle if you haven't already would help - after all, being generally healthy, no matter your build or whatever, will probably make you feel happier (although I realise this is totally obvious; it's just I know how hard it can be to get around to changing habits). But seriously, your weight shouldn't matter, as others have said, to someone who wants to be with you.

And welcome back, Catch-22!

Oh, I generally eat healthily. I'm the weight I am because I never exercise and I have a tendency to eat terrible food when I can't be bothered to go shopping. I really need to exercise more and stop drinking so much, but that probably won't happen.

I'm also an extremely insecure person in general, even though I manage to hide it and get by without appearing to be as insecure as I actually am.

I dislike my body at the moment (and my face and hair, but those are other issues), and because of that I assume that others won't like it, either. Especially when those others are particularly attractive specimens, you know? I know that even if I were more attractive and slimmer I'd still find excuses not to talk to men, though. I'm pathetic. :B

ALSO my weight might not matter to others, but it probably would matter to the types of men I actually find sexually attractive (that's part of the problem, too: I'm completely aware there are men who wouldn't mind my weight, but I'm also aware that I probably won't be attracted to them).

Err... I have really weird hip bones. Like, they stick out and stuff. But I work out and exercise and everything, and it helps. I think ab exercises have made them less noticeable.

Harlequin, if your weight's bothering you, I'd say start off on a moderate exercise regimen! Like brisk walking a couple times a week. And then work up to harder stuff.

(3:27:45 PM) Verne: HAVE I GOT A STORY YOU GUYS.
(3:28:12 PM) Verne: You can sit criss-cross applesauce in a circle now.
(3:28:36 PM) Verne: Today in my Human Sex & Gender class we had a speaker from the school counseling center!
(3:28:42 PM) Nyuu: opal no
(3:28:43 PM) Nyuu: link
(3:28:44 PM) Nyuu: now
(3:29:09 PM) Verne: She was there to discuss how she treats relationship and sexual issues for heterosexual vs homosexual students.
(3:29:12 PM) opaltiger: I closed it! just look at neil gaiman's blog
(3:29:23 PM) Nyuu: Verne: !
(3:29:27 PM) Nyuu: tell all about this
(3:29:32 PM) Verne: She went on and on about it and never once mentioned the word 'bisexual.'
(3:29:58 PM) Verne: My teacher asks her what about homophobia, and transphobia and the woman starts out nice
(3:30:56 PM) Verne: Saying you know there is no reason someone should have to change for society
(3:30:58 PM) Verne: but then it gets into
(3:31:22 PM) Verne: you shouldn't ever really change your body, I mean, even circumcision, and I am like what
(3:31:47 PM) Verne: and then I ask well do you have preparations for the bisexual, pansexual, asexual, etc-sexual kids, and also the relationships involving trans or otherwise gendered students?
(3:31:53 PM) Verne: and she's like well no we never see that ever
(3:32:04 PM) Verne: "but I feel like that's more experimentation"
(3:32:22 PM) Verne: Next to me: bisexual polyamorous girl who I am bros with who helps run the gsa
(3:33:08 PM) Nyuu: Verne: :C!
(3:33:42 PM) Verne: So she's basically told the impressionable college kids that the counseling center believes changing your body shouldn't happen even if your trans and that you can only be gay or straight

THIS JUST HAPPENED.

/me cries in a corner

Asexual is experimentation wut

She just sounds ignorant, imo. Maybe they really don't see cases like that, and she just doesn't care to research it?

if she doesn't care to research it she shouldn't be in a counselling position. :|

So. My family and I were watching the 10:00 news a couple of nights ago, and a brief snippet came on about the transgender woman who was beaten into a seizure at the McDonald's in Baltimore. My mom was just watching the footage of the beating in shock, until the reporter said, "...the victim, an unidentified transgender woman..." at which point she sat back and said "Okay then, good."

And she expects me to agree with her conservative ways.

So. My family and I were watching the 10:00 news a couple of nights ago, and a brief snippet came on about the transgender woman who was beaten into a seizure at the McDonald's in Baltimore. My mom was just watching the footage of the beating in shock, until the reporter said, "...the victim, an unidentified transgender woman..." at which point she sat back and said "Okay then, good."

Words can barely express how disgusting that is.

Have to agree with Zephyrous here.

I do want to point out that the reaction from Obama has been pretty awesome.

“The transgendered community has to be protected. I just don’t have any tolerance for that sort of intolerance. And I think we need to legislate aggressively to protect them.”

(Quote by Obama, obv.) And they're having a meeting on what to do about the situation. Which, imo, is about time!

I do want to point out that the reaction from Obama has been pretty awesome.

“The transgendered community has to be protected. I just don’t have any tolerance for that sort of intolerance. And I think we need to legislate aggressively to protect them.”

(Quote by Obama, obv.) And they're having a meeting on what to do about the situation. Which, imo, is about time!
That's really great; I had no idea he had addressed the issue yet.

Gosh, Dannichu, don't you know anything? Characters like Kurt Hummel and Canton Delaware are going to make the impressionable youths of Britain and elsewhere homosexual, so much so that an entire generation is gay and so the population dies out. THEREFORE, WE MUST BAN THE GAYS AND SAVE THE STRAIGHTS

...yeah...

Back
Top Bottom