• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The QUILTBAG Club (formerly the LGBT club)

Um... last I checked it's illegal to refuse treatment to "poor people" in an emergency situation.

Yeah, but it's illegal for gays to marry and I disagree with that. I was asking your opinion, not the law (I am sounding way more agressive than I mean to, I'm just genuinely curious).

If you're a first responder, like CPR and AED trained, it's illegal to leave someone in need of your trained services. It's okay to not do anything if the person needs more advanced care than you are lawfully trained to give, either way you need to call for EMS. So say John Smith collapses from a heart attack while shopping. You're trained to respond by calling 911, and if he's unconscious perform CPR if needed and setup the AED. In this case you need to help and if anything happens, person dies or suffers CPR related injuries, you're protected. Now say some John Smith has been in a car accident and is unconscious and trapped in his car. He may have suffered severe neck injuries and moving him without proper training and equipment could make things worse and might kill him. If you get him out of the car and he now must live his life in a bed tied to machines now you can be charged because you acted outside your training. This is when you call EMS and stay nearby until EMS arrives. It's called the Good Samaritan Act. Here's the law for here in MN.

This is very interesting. Hm.

They teach this here in the US along with First Aid/CPR/AED training. If anyone here hasn't learned CPR please do; it saves lives. I've seen this first hand.

I'm pretty sure that if they can't afford it, they still can't be turned down; I think it's covered by taxpayers in that case. (not entirely sure)

They are basically asked to fill out paperwork proving that they cannot pay, and then the hospital has different programs that will cover the bills so that the individual can still get treated. They can't turn anyone away.

Just asking out of curiosity - are you in favour of leaving poor people bleeding by the roadside?

No.

And some states are doing their best to force people to prove that they are a citizen before getting emergency care. So. There's that.

So you know how a while ago I was interested in a guy I took to calling the PFG? Well, last night I found out that's he's straight and has been in a relationship with a girl for three years. That was interesting to hear!

But it's okay, because I have it on very good authority that his friend is gay. Hoorah!

Iiiiii'm not sure it'll get to that stage, really. I mean, I know he's gay first-hand, what with the hours he spent in my bed, but like, um. MAYBE!

good luck to you anyway! it's not always that hard, I mean this happened totally accidentally

Question for all: when did you first kiss somebody of your own gender in a romantic way? Just currently incredibly depressed about the fact that nobody I know is gay and it's not looking as if that's going to change.

Question for all: when did you first kiss somebody of your own gender in a romantic way? Just currently incredibly depressed about the fact that nobody I know is gay and it's not looking as if that's going to change.
when I was 17
they remain the only person I have kissed so far.

would've been at 16 if we weren't both wusses lmao

In a romantic way? Um. This morning? I've never really been into kissing, so even though stuff happens I usually don't kiss, although... yeah this morning kissing happened.

I did not see that question! But now I did!

Today! Is the answer. Since... I've only been with my girlfriend for today. We haven't, like, properly kissed yet, but we've been giving each other affectionate kisses on the cheek pretty much all day.
She's so adorable and lovely and aaaaaaa :D

I've kissed a girl, but not a guy ;-; And it wasn't that great with the girl.

Oh, and congrats Harley! :DD (lucky...)

Haven't kissed a girl; kissed a guy and I now regret it (but this is the QUILTBAG club and as such my being mentally screwed up does not belong in here)

I once kissed my now ex girlfriend. I also kissed on of my guy friends on a dare. As far as romantically being kissed by somebody of my gender, never =(

Edit: GO HARLEQUIN, YOU SEXY BEAST YOU!

I once kissed my now ex girlfriend. I also kissed on of my guy friends on a dare. As far as romantically being kissed by somebody of my gender, never =(

I was seventeen. Considering your age, Lorem, I really wouldn't be worried at all. I really never expected to be in a relationship with a girl until at least university.

Hahahaha w-weh.

/CRIES IN CORNER

Back
Top Bottom