• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Spriter's Club Reborn

kabutomanyte.png
wtf?

Its cute, but I think I can still see the kabuto claws behind the onamite's body.

No, Terry, you're not. And before you claim this as baseless flaming, I'll tell you why.
  1. You never listen to any criticism that anyone gives you. You ask for crit, you get crit, and THEN (Of course, In your case, It's never going to happen...) You take the advice and sort out your sprite. Obviously, you seem to fail even that.
  2. When you splice, you barely take any consideration of it's anatomical structure, meaning how it fits together. Look at that Bayleef/Feraligatr spice you did a while back. It's left arm is attatched to it's chest. Now, I don't think I've ever seen anything with an arm sticking out of it's chest, except for your so called "Champion sprite". Redo the entire sprite, making sure that the arms, legs, eyes etc. are all where they should be.
  3. When using the erasor trick, you must be careful, as other areas of the sprite will contain the same color outline but in a different area, or will be a mix of different colors in areas other than shading. Look at your May/Quilava. The hat, which should have navy/dark blue outlines has orange. Did you even listen to Dragon when she told you? Now, unless the back of her head is up in flames, that shouldn't be there. And with the hair, you may have made it look on fire, but if it is hair, then it should have some shading. But nooooo you had to use the other colors of the fire and make it look bad. Recolor the hat's outline and at least shade the hair, if not recoloring it to a suitable pallette.

NOW, READ THIS ADVICE, ACTUALLY TAKE SOME OF IT IN AND CHANGE YOUR SPRITES ACCORDINGLY. MAYBE THEN YOU'LL EARN YOUR TITLE AS A CHAMPION SPRITER ha not likely.

Last edited:
Look at your May/Quilava. The hat, which should have navy/dark blue outlines has orange. Did you even listen to Dragon when she told you?
It was me who said. But whatever.

Terry, listen to Kai. For groudon's sake listen to him.

You need to make it a dynamic color and size seven for him to be able to understand it.

And sorry 'bout that mistake.

*sigh* Why did I earn my right as a champion spriter somewhere else?
No such thing as a "champion spriter". It's like saying there's a champion painter somewhere.

It' not a contest; it's art.

Because I'm really good.

Alright, if you really did earn that, make a replica of the Mona Lisa pixel by pixel. You can't. No one can.

So howsabout listening to what others have to say and improve?

I'm really good on YouTube, awesome (2nd best) on Sprite Forum, and the best on Pokemon Town (the stupid e won't work right now) and Pokemon Town is now deleted.

I'm really good on YouTube, awesome (2nd best) on Sprite Forum, and the best on Pokemon Town (the stupid e won't work right now) and Pokemon Town is now deleted.
No you're not.

Hell, I don't even consider myself good. Hark from C Spriting is. Jake from the same forum is. Butterfree is.

Until you can properly make people like them say "That's better than what I can do." then you're not good. They're the yardstick for us. Hell I haven't even mentioned any of the godly ones I've seen.

tl;dr Don't be stuck-up and realize how average your spriting is.

Eeeew nobody swears by Groudon >:/
We all swear by Rayquaza =3
I swear to Arceus and Palkia and Dialga. >3

I agree with the above post, really. :3

I'm gonna go upload my most recent Revamp, will edit in a muinete.

ETA:
gbg245.png

Critisism appreciated, it's my first /good/ revamp, because I accually bothered to fix the shading. :P

Am I the first person to try and master Pop-art sprites?
(I know I need to get better.)
4jt003.jpg
Pop Art sprites? I think it's safe to say you're the first one who's ever mentioned a style like that on TCoD. I might try it some time, when I'm not working on my Darkrai Pixelover.

Hmmm... It's good, but seening as I have no idea what Pop Art sprites are sopposed to be, I can't crit efficiantly... It's good, really. ^_^

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom