• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Spriter's Club Reborn

You got the wrong forum, then.

Shut up. Get your head out of your ass and realise you are not the best. You are really starting to annoy me greatly.

phatassyt8.png

Blending exercise. amidoinitrite?

Wow, that's pretty cool. What pokemon are in there?

phatassyt8.png

Blending exercise. amidoinitrite?

...Huh, that's pretty neat. =D Needs moar though. You incorporated what you've got well, but... I'd advise you do more for the head, because the first thing I saw when I looked at it was "Charizard," which you generally want to avoid for your multimixes. So. Find a Pokemon with frills or horns or something cool, and paste it on the back of its head. Also, maybe go for some more original colors and body patterns? Grey doesn't do it for me. :/

(Hey guys, I have an idea! Let's ignore Terry, rather than wasting your time writing paragraphs of crit because he won't read your posts. Eventually he'll take the hint and leave, or otherwise do something that's actually rulebreaking and then we can report him.)

Annnnd, just for the heck of it, I'll post one of my most recent scratches (Uranium gogogo)
umetalynxfrontrj3.gif

64x64 is the size restraint for these, which is a pity because it would have looled cool in 80x80. I'm not particularly looking for crit, but siggestions on the back leg would help.

You can make the toes lay flat on the ground. Also, the back of the hind leg is a bit jagged.

Eventually he'll take the hint and leave, or otherwise do something that's actually rulebreaking and then we can report him.)

I wish this would happen to anyone I hate >_< But we can dream. =P

Shiny tail. Woo. Erm, maybe move the metal-ish part forwards a bit, can't really explain it.

And for Grim: I think I can see a bit of Kyogre in there...? No, that's Groudon. =P It's awesome.

Hey guys, I have an idea! Let's ignore Terry, rather than wasting your time writing paragraphs of crit because he won't read your posts. Eventually he'll take the hint and leave, or otherwise do something that's actually rulebreaking and then we can report him.

You are a genius.

And I actually sprited(oh my gosh)...

acorncelebidj9.png

Sadly I hate it.

You are a genius.

And I actually sprited(oh my gosh)...

acorncelebidj9.png

Sadly I hate it.
It looks fine. My only beef is that the "hat" doesn't correspond to the head shading. The highlight should be gone and there should be a bit of a shadow where the rim hits the forehead.

Other than that, it looks nice.

I don't take requests on tCoD any more, why did I kill my shop?
I'll not leave if you guys stop being fucking mean.

but you're being so arrogant .-. you think you're the best spriter because you either said so yourself or another 10 year old said so
also you think all your sprites are perfect

Sorry to be so blunt and rude but Terry, please don't be such a dick. You've turned into a slightly annoying little kid who could be excused and sometimes could be okay to an arrogant spriter who thinks he is miles better than he really is.
Sorry, anyway.

A few pages back I posted my pop-art sprite. I tried to edit it but the size issue really can't be fixed, this is what happens when its enlarged. Eugh.
95vtpz.jpg

Any chance I can get some comments on these color-swaps I did?
Delcatty.png
Grumpig.png
Lickitung.png
Lopunny.png
Magmar.png
Rampardos.png
Scyther.png

And some crit on this disguise/revamp of Ed!Persian:
EdwardPersian.png

(yes I got the arm and leg the wrong way round so sue me)

Delcatty.png
Grumpig.png
Lickitung.png
Lopunny.png
Magmar.png
Rampardos.png
Scyther.png

EdwardPersian.png

While they're very well done, they're just recolors. Not much to comment on.

Ed!Persian's hind automail leg is missing a joint.

I don't take requests on tCoD any more, why did I kill my shop?
I thought the shop was closed because you didn't do splices. After all, you said that to try to convince some spriters to do splices with that excuse. We are not being mean, btw. We are trying to snap you back into reality.
Delcatty.png
Grumpig.png
Lickitung.png
Lopunny.png
Magmar.png
Rampardos.png
Scyther.png
I see no real problem with these.
EdwardPersian.png

Hm, I don't see much wrong with this either. Then again I don't watch full metal alchemist (sp).

I'm really good on YouTube, awesome (2nd best) on Sprite Forum, and the best on Pokemon Town (the stupid e won't work right now) and Pokemon Town is now deleted.

Now I know someone else already answered this, and my imput is really uneeded, but I'm going to say something anyways.

I consider myself to be a better spriting than some people here, but I don't act or say that I'm the best. I'm actually at a pretty average spriting ability compared to many, many people. The first rule to anything: Just because you think you are good, there is always someone who is better.

Also, most people on Youtube are terrible spriters and/or theives, I never heard of the Sprite Forum(unless you are talking about here, in which case you most certainly are not.), and Pokemon Town must have been bad if it got deleted.

Asking for critizism and applying it are two totally different things. For example, it is okay if someone points out something in your sprite that is off and you explain why you did that, but you can't just make up random reasons about why you did something wrong. Also, you want to practice spriting, but at the same time apply the advice you got. Eventually, your sprites will get better. When I first started, my sprites were bad, but I was proud of them. It is okay to be proud of your sprites, but it is not okay to claim they are good because you made them.

I must admit that I haven't been applying advice I have gotten, and if I have then I don't remember, but I also prefer to work out problems on my own. I taught myself how to sprite using only some help from tutorials and guides, but I also, unknowingly, forced myself to improve because I knew my sprites didn't look as good as they could. And, to tell the truth, many of them still look bad.

I think I dragged that out too long, but I needed to stress my point. [/endrant]

Okay, to end this, let's hear you admit how you need to improve and how you are not a champion spriter as your usertitile claims.

As for the sprite, just another recolor, nothing special.

Back
Top Bottom