• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Spriter's Club Reborn

To end this, let's hear you admit how you need to improve and how you are not a champion spriter as your usertitile claims.

As for the splice, you've already uploladed it as a sprite. Why show it on a video when you can show us the real thing.

Oh, and it's not an ultimate spice. It is as much an ultimate splice as you are a champion spriter. And that is to say it sucks. You can't rotate pokemon parts without redoing the shading, otherwise you can't tell where the lighting is coming from. And why make Regice's horn the same color as the flames? You can barely see it.

Last edited:
freakslowpoke.png

Recolour of Slowpoke/Metang/Floatzel.
Oh please, please, please, PLEASE tell me you did not use red and blue on the same sprite.

It's a little eye-hurting, Red and Blue should never be used together, ever. :/ If it were blue and orange, that would be okay so long as they're not neon bright like this recolor is.

So. Allow me to bless this thread with my Grade C awesomeness.

Yeah so please critique the stuff I post so I can make it Grade A awesomeness.

Diglar.png

(Gligar/Diglett splice) The left arm kind of irritates me.

DiamondPearlGolbat.png

(Revamp of Golbat from Red/Blue) I like the water on this one, but it's, uh, still kind of uglyish.

GrassCharizard.png

(Grass / Poison Charizard) Something(s) about this make me unhappy (The left wing, the belly, the arms, many others).

EDIT:
Terry T. said:
Champion Spriter

I'll believe this when I see it.

Seriously though Terry, please stop being an arrogant jerk about your spriting skills. We're all trying to have a good time here, and you're kind of ruining it for most people.

D: You tried to revamp RB Golbat and your eyes didn't burn out. You are my hero.

Well, the Diglett's mouth is.. awkward, in unexplainable terms. Erm. Is the outline near the shoulder wait what shoulder of the arm all black? Or something? >_< Maybe make the outline of the Diglett darker near that part? *no idea* But the rocks are nice

Poison/Grass Charizard: The wings stolen directly off of Tropius, yay are wierdly positioned. Errr. Can't see how it's poison, srsly. And the neck is all black(I think) >_O Bad Blaziking.

D: You tried to revamp RB Golbat and your eyes
didn't burn out. You are my hero.

Yay me.

Dragon said:
Well, the Diglett's mouth is.. awkward, in unexplainable terms. Erm. Is the outline near the shoulder wait what shoulder of the arm all black? Or something? >_< Maybe make the outline of the Diglett darker near that part? *no idea*

Hmm, I tried so many things with this just now. I spent about fifteen minutes attempting to get the arm away from the head.

But, erm, at the end it was, uh, the same as the beginning. ^^;;

Dragon said:
Poison/Grass Charizard: The wings stolen directly off of Tropius, yay are wierdly positioned. Errr. Can't see how it's poison, srsly. And the neck is all black(I think)

Yeah, the wings make me unhappy. The poison thing, well, I didn't really know how to do anything very poisonish.

Dragon said:
>_O Bad Blaziking.

I know.

I don't think Pinecos have body heat... But if you want it to be a recolour it's fine. Eyes wouldn't be red.

Yeah so please critique the stuff I post so I can make it Grade A awesomeness.

Diglar.png

(Gligar/Diglett splice) The left arm kind of irritates me.

Don't listen to Terry, I think it looks fine. (Although the bottom lip's bigger than the top.)

DiamondPearlGolbat.png

(Revamp of Golbat from Red/Blue) I like the water on this one, but it's, uh, still kind of uglyish.

Hmm, maybe a bit more shading?

GrassCharizard.png

(Grass / Poison Charizard) Something(s) about this make me unhappy (The left wing, the belly, the arms, many others).

As Dragon said, needs more poison. But you've got Grass totally covered.

Diglar.png

Keep it Grade C. Or D.

Is this supposed to be some sort of insult?
Terry T. said:
GrassCharizard.png

Nearly good, but something's wrong...

Would you mind saying what is wrong?

Flora and Ashes said:
Hmm, maybe a bit more shading?

That's what I was thinking of doing. It looks too 2D to be a D/P sprite.

Flora and Ashes said:
As Dragon said, needs more poison. But you've got Grass totally covered.

I thought I covered that already with the Gloom head
Yeah, I'm trying to think of what to do for poison, maybe adding something from Grimer or Koffing or something.

I'm giving kind crit. The first one was what he said. Grade C.

...THAT WASN'T KIND CRIT.

You do realize that Grade C is mediocre, right? By saying, "Keep it Grade C. Or D," you were saying that the sprite was mediocre or WORSE. You didn't even tell him WHAT he could improve on. In essence, you only told Blaziking that his sprite sucked.

Next time, try actually giving helpful crit.

I'm giving kind crit. The first one was what he said. Grade C.
HAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh come on, this is far from criticism. It's barely even a comment. Criticism is where you point out a person's mistakes to them, be it in fiction, artwork or spriting. Constructive criticism is where you also tell them how to improve. And I can barely see you creating something Grade-A in a couple hundred years. Don't tell other people that they suck, you hypocrite.

I was gonna put "hahahaha" in my post but had second thoughts on it.

So I'm just going to do it now: Hahahahaha. Nice try.

Agreeing with above.

Terry, that was mean. You really have no right to talk about a sprite that way; hell, it wasn't even critisism(sp?). Constructive crit is like this(yes I am giving some nice crit to Blaziking)

The Digglet/Gilgar splice is good, but what's the point of having Digglet's mouth if you have Gligar's? (Or vice-versa) Or was it scratched? Good job. The shading on the arms/hands seem... odd to me.

As for the revamp, it's good! However, you could try adding a little more shading, as previously stated by Flora.

The Poison/Grass Charzard sprite is good, but it's got too much grass and not enough poison, if you know what I mean. Maybe make the pink part(I see that the design is from Venesaur) purple or something?

Back
Top Bottom