• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Spriter's Club Reborn

Can someone give me any comments on my sprite gallery? Just click the link in my signature please.

First of all, I notice JPG artifacts on a couple of the sprites. I really hope those are old ones and you've learned not to do that because that's... bad. XD; Use PNGs.

There's some good ideas and splicing - I especially like the Kingler/Scizor! And well, recolours are recolours. You just seem to have a bit of a problem with shading, especially on outlines and in revamps - and by the way, your revamps just seem to be recolours. Please, don't do that. Perhaps try reading over Butterfree's guide a couple of times and try to practice and improve on that.

That derail aside, outlines. They have colours and shading on them too, you know, so it's best to recolour them to fit in as well, otherwise it tends to clash with the new colours and look tacky. Again, that guide helps! And that Drifblim... really doesn't look good. They're a pain to recolour and make good-looking, though. D: And uhhhh changing the shading on spliced parts that you flip in another direction would be good.

I also slightly wonder if that Giratina repose (which is missing a toe) and Delcatty... thingamajig are really yours... :/ I dunno. But neat job, just try to make the cat's shading a little more obvious and fix up the outline a bit.

though of course if this is a collab of everything ever you've done, disregard some things. V
pacman.png
V lol, Blu.

</tl;dr>

Thanks for the crit. Yeah, there are a lot of old ones in there too. Please ignore the evil JPEGS and some of the iffy recolours, is a collabaration of ones i've done, not necesarily my best, but thanks anyway Blu.

furrambiparaswingrollos.gif
gangstastreet-1.gif
tentabat-z.gif

A splice, EB-style scratch, and what the hell is that thing.

You have enough praise already.

...But, let's see. I'm gonna try to guess what's in that mix. Looks like... Furret/Mamoswine/Paras/Ambipom/East Sea Shellos. And some scratch. Hm, did I miss anything?

Earthbooooound <3 What constitutes EB-style? I mean, I've done EB-styled (well, really Mother3-styled) overworlds, but I suppose battlesprites must be different, right? And this... euro-card-dude, is he giving me the finger? D:

And for the last one, I actually can't find any components of it other than Golbat and Tentacool, but the eye doesn't seem to come from either of 'em, so I'm lost.

Wish I had new sprites to post but I don't D:

Thanks you two. XD;

You got the first guy right, though the base was Tangrowth, which I guess might only be recognisable by the pose. EB-style's pretty much using the palettes and sizes of EarthBound, so that if you used PK Hack it would be fairly straightforward to edit it into the game (like this sprite into here). The actual sprite is a Gangsta Street, a little injoke. ;D

The eye and colours in the last sprite belongs to Porygon-Z, who I probably didn't incorporate in there enough. Ah well, maybe next time.

A few more sprites (really, it's just one...) and one you forgot to crit. ;D

middy.png

Kinda obvious... It's an edit of a Ninetails to look like my fursona, who is a cat. The tail tip and V-shape in the right ear were hell, because I suck at scratching... I guess it could also be a splice because it has Espeon ears... ^__^;

gbg245.png

GSC Suicune Revamp...

MR. NEON!!!

*cough* Other than that...

I has an electric Cleffa that fails:
uamwg.png

Also,
1s13ec.png

Brrbrrbrr, best sprite? Well, in terms of pixelart, it's probably this, although the outlines are all-black iirc... But, I mean, I think it works in this case.

As for sprites, though, I'm still very attached to Laissure even though it's quite old.
ambergroundstarter32gf6.gif

(I'd revamp it, but I'm afraid I'd ruin it, and judging by the last time I tried how I got a negative reception at first... uh. What do you guys think?)

This too:
nupinevoed1.gif

Best Sprite? Oh jeez, I'm not on the computer that has all of my sprites on it. I need to get a deviant art account. Among my personal favorites are my Mantine revamp and Burning Darkrai, both of which can be seen in my sig. I'm having trouble thinking about ALL of my sprites.

Back
Top Bottom