• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Spriter's Club Reborn

Why do you say so much about being a good spriter on Youtube and that people say your sprites are good. Youtube has too many members and anyway many who I doubt did anyway who said your sprites are the best ever are just people who wouldn't know ABOUT SPRITING. And what does Youtube know about spriting?

Why do you think he's good? Explain your thinking using examples from the text and your own experiences

But whatever. Haven't sprited in a while, so yeah, nothing for you to poke at. >_<

Also, Terry...youtube isn't for sprites anyway...its for videos, right?

Dorkragon_animated_by_Frickish.gif

Anything to say about this? Its one of my first sprite related animations...but the shading is a bit off sometimes.

Pretty good. There's this line of shading on its tail which really shouldn't exist, and the shading seems to be wonky at bits, as you've mentioned. For example, the front leg needs to maintain the shading to look like a leg instead of a random appendage made of jelly. And to be nitpicky, the jaw needs to move properly in relation to the mouth, unless you want to go for a cartoon style.

Pretty good. There's this line of shading on its tail which really shouldn't exist, and the shading seems to be wonky at bits, as you've mentioned. For example, the front leg needs to maintain the shading to look like a leg instead of a random appendage made of jelly. And to be nitpicky, the jaw needs to move properly in relation to the mouth, unless you want to go for a cartoon style.

I was going for a cartoon style. Thanks for the tips...I will work on this when I next get in a spriting mood.

It seems to blink a lot, but you probably don't want to add any more frames..?
Anyways, the arm, or what I can see of it when the wing moves, looks pretty close to the neck. It kinda looks like the arms are on its neck..? >_< And maybe make the outlines a bit darker, or it could be fine. Damn Roar of Time style. >_O

Yeah, as Dragon said, it blinks way too much. And the shading is off at times.
But otherwise, it's pretty good, in my opinion.
A poser or disguise:
Cameruptposer-1.png

I think I messed up on the shading/lighting on the frill thingies.
But i like it's expression.

He's won so many contests, he was voted.
Just let me deal with an idiot flaming my profile then I'll post a sprite.

How could the voting be official? It would probably be some random vote and also, spriting contests mean nothing, it could just be that a load of bad spriters(no offense) joined or something.

It seems to blink a lot, but you probably don't want to add any more frames..?
I did originaly make him blink then move his wings, but it looked a bit weird. So I made it so he is blinking at the same time as his flaps.

Anyways, the arm, or what I can see of it when the wing moves, looks pretty close to the neck. It kinda looks like the arms are on its neck..? >_<
And this proves I still suck at spriting. ><

And maybe make the outlines a bit darker, or it could be fine. Damn Roar of Time style. >_O

Hm, yeah. The outline could use more black...black always looks odd on a sprite to me though.

Yeah, as Dragon said, it blinks way too much. And the shading is off at times.
But otherwise, it's pretty good, in my opinion.
A poser or disguise:
Cameruptposer-1.png

I think I messed up on the shading/lighting on the frill thingies.
But i like it's expression.

It seems like you haven't changed the outline at all. On the frill thingys the black outline is too thick, fix that. And only put black in the darkest shading areas.

Yeah, the person that requested it mentioned the outlines, but I forgot to fix it before I posted it here.
I'll try and fix it, cuz I actually like this sprite.
Voilà.
Cameruptposer.png

Meilleur ou pas?
Better or not?

I had a glance at his sprites; that's below par with what I usually see around here. Hardly contestworthy.

Most people on youtube can't sprite good anyways. I'm going to sound like I'm bragging, but honestly...I could probably get on there and post video of sprites(I actually have, but this was a while ago when I wasn't as good) and win the next contest. It probably wouldn't be too hard, since my only real competition would be youtube's best spriter, who, as Grimdour said, has below-par sprites compared to what's posted here.

Yeah, the person that requested it mentioned the outlines, but I forgot to fix it before I posted it here.
I'll try and fix it, cuz I actually like this sprite.
Voilà.
Cameruptposer.png

Meilleur ou pas?
Better or not?
There's some random piece of orange right next to the head. Get rid of it.

Also, add some light right below the neck where the body starts to bend. The rocks aren't following the body shape either.

Darn rocks. More trouble tan they're worth.
I can't find the random spot of aronge. Could you point it out?
Is this any better?
Cameruptposer-1.png

Jolteonshock's Seviperthing: Sorry to contradict, but I would actually give you the opposite advice: don't highlight it like that, move the light orange more towards the center (while still touching the edge). And don't shade on the bottom; that should be in shadow.
vython.gif

My fakemon Vython would like to give you an idea of what I'm talking about. Alternately, you can also check Seviper's original shading. They're usually pretty good with that.

My newest sprite is a fire parrot; it's the third in its stage (and the other two are also sprited, but this one's brand new. See, not even transparent yet.)
pajaysprite.png

Right, if they're bad, then I'm the best?
Best spriters on YT Jan 09:
1.DarkBlade723 (54 votes)
2.Texerster08 (49 votes)
3.Blueycones (41 votes)

Back
Top Bottom