• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Spriter's Showcase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hurrr.... Linoone doesn't sprite. But here's a really random scratch attempt. I know the shading is sort of bad, but...
linoonespritenq9.png

*likes linoone sprite*

Check what I made!

u2hxnzxc6i4hxuoxzjho.png

Sprites used are pretty obvious, with the most changed being Rouge, who is a Mew with a shortened tail and Zubat wings.
I want it to be my avatar, but it's a bit too big, so it'll be my sig.

Last edited:
So i herd u liek mah skratchez?
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Your scratches are good, but you should try different angles.

hoothoot.png
scratched hoothoot. comments?

Actually, I think this one is good.

VS my Shinzagoon!
Shinzagoon.png

This was my last non-eraser trick splice. I'll add it to my Youtube.

Also, make sure the white parts stay white.

After many suggestions in the SPriter's club, I've created new Exo-Pokemon: Exo 2.0

Here's an Exo-Dialga 2.0:
exodialga2rv2.png

and Exo-Infernape:
exoinfernape2uu0.png

Good recolors, actually. The shades are nice and the colors go well together.

Hurrr.... Linoone doesn't sprite. But here's a really random scratch attempt. I know the shading is sort of bad, but...
linoonespritenq9.png

Needs a little more shading...

*likes linoone sprite*

Check what I made!

u2hxnzxc6i4hxuoxzjho.png

Sprites used are pretty obvious, with the most changed being Rouge, who is a Mew with a shortened tail and Zubat wings.
I want it to be my avatar, but it's a bit too big, so it'll be my sig.

I can't see it...

untitled226435.bmp

A bunch of random sprites...

Ah, now I see it! It looks good, especially sonic+shadow. Did you recolor the outlines? Because on some of them, like shadow and sonic, they look unaltered.

All of them have entirely black outlining, except for Shadow (since, if he had black outlining, he wouldn't have outlining) and Sonic (who I changed to gray since it used to have a black background, and I was too lazy to change it back to black).

ish it poshibl to get sum cc on theshe shcratches??

Heh he. I just felt like writing like that :P
oiak9y.png

Purely scratch Flygon +Shiny +transparensy +awesome pose +80x80 box :D YAY!

And I just can't forget my awesome supah dupah pure scratch...

DITTO!
2hoi8fs.png

It took a whole minute to finish! And then another minute to transparentise, then another minute to upload and two minutes to post! So this means... this scratch took 5 minutes to make from a blank 80x80 box to posting it here!

CC, please?

Flygon is awesome! How much time did that take you? The pose scares me though, if you know what I mean... Especially if you add a toungue... Also, the arms look attached from the hips.

It's much better than I could have done, maybe even if I had pixel-overed another image...

The ditto is awesome too.

But laziness is also my friend. :`(
And all of them except Shadow have at least some shading.
I didn't actually use the proper, exact method of recoloring; everything was a guesstimate.

Bad reason. The shading on everyone is almost non-existant which is fail. Shading needs to be seen. Oh, and the colors on MSPaint are the antichrist of pixel artists everywhere.

Yeah so, I don't really sprite, hmm. And I'm not a spriter. But I did these sad pathetic attempts at revamps one time when I was bored:
GoldEspeonRevamp.png

(Gold Espeon)

GreenDragoniteRevamp.png

(Green Dragonite)

Why is the dragonites shading coming from his eye? Espeon,s face looks messed up, but revamps are hard. I still have a lot of trouble with them. You need to use lighter outlines where the light hits too.

practise, practise, practise! They are good so far except for the things I mentioned.

And now for the reason we're all here- Me! :grin:

Rate this fire retype of Raichu I made? and put on an avatar...

FireraichuAvatar73064.PNG

Why is the dragonites shading coming from his eye? Espeon,s face looks messed up, but revamps are hard. I still have a lot of trouble with them. You need to use lighter outlines where the light hits too.
Hmm... Well, the original shading was sort of like that, but it's a revamp, so I should've really fixed it. Also, could you be more specific about Espeon's face? What exactly is messed up about it? And thanks for the outline tip! I was really confused about what colour to make them~

I don't know really. For one thing, the eye on our left is much further away from the jewel than the other one, so that means either the jewel or one eye is in the wrong place. I think it's the jewel. The black lines might have something to do with it too.

Devamp: Yup, that's a devamp. Can't critique this much.

Bunearyinferno81999.bmp

BURN BUNEARY BURN! >:3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom