• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Spriter's Showcase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
2lk5r80.png

29pbx42.gif

Interesting how the first one is .jpeged and the second is by RocketMeowth.

You made these, did you?

Or even simpler: it was uploaded to Photobucket as a .bmp and reverted, with artifacts, to a .png.

...Whatever the case, I'm curious, Enekuro. And don't sweat it about being caught as a thief (unless you ARE RocketMeowth, in which case I apologize severely for casting doubt on the validity of your sprites... but really, wouldn't you have some outside identification if you were? Uhh). Warnings-- which you may or may not get for stealing-- fade away. Guilt does not. Mm?

yea, unless they read one of the very many noob threads on this site, most of which include in the second or third post, "Save as .PNG" ...

This is going to a contest, but I'll put it here anyways

Luximin65298.bmp

Even if she did that doesn't really prove anything anyway. Darksmith taught me how to make popart sprites. I need to work on it, a bit blurred and small.
2gx2o28.jpg

also i'm gonna be working on this, my current project:
2n6b586.png

Obviously I didn't make this, too good and i'm a crap splicer. I'm gonna try and recreate this sprite for myself. (I would give the name of the original creator but it was unnamed.)

n2edfl.jpg

It's a Dunsparce/Porygon Z/Crobat thing. It has two pairs of wings, the Dunsparce pair and the Crobat pair. Most of the sprite is shaded similarly to Porygon Z except for the wings because they are shaded differently anyways. Also, part of the right wing(our left) and the Dunsparce head(minus Crobat ears) were revamped from Silver sprites to fit the sprite better than the D/P versions. I hope you like it. ^_^

Yeah, don't feel like explaining this again. The only bit of info that's missing is that this was made for a sprite contest on the TrsRockin forums.

Yeah I'm a lazy bum, so shoot me. I did a lot more than I usually do when making sprites, but I guess that is because this is my first real sprite in a while. (I also fail at keeping procrastination at bay. I seriously need to do some more D/P devamps.)

Floaty head=awesum~
I liek it. Only thing I can say, really, is that the shading on the wing(our right) looks.. wierd. Meh.

And yes, aragornbird is awesome, no doubt.

Floaty head=awesum~
I liek it. Only thing I can say, really, is that the shading on the wing(our right) looks.. wierd. Meh.

I had to do something with the horrid shading. The way it was originally shaded on Crobat didn't work out with the color scheme I was using, so I changed it. I think it looks better this way than the way it was.

clefairyevenuglierversikx4.png

Random splices.

The Geodude+Clefairy started out with me trying to see if I could make a Clefairy look even uglier than they already are (seriously, Clefairies have got to be the ugliest "cute" Pokémon ever)... not sure why I went back later and made an evolved form for the thing.

The first one could do with something underneath the (our) left arm because it looks a little blocky.

You left the pink shadow used for Clefairy's and Clefable's outline. Need to replace that with the one used for the rocks.

Not sure what you mean about the left arm looking blocky... I don't see it at all.

As for the leftover pink outline--whoops! Not sure how I missed that much of it on the Clefairy/Geodude one (though there doesn't seem to be any pink left on the Clefable/Graveler.) Probably had something to do with how all the "dark outline" colors look pretty much identical to each other on my monitor unless I put them on a really dark background...

Then you need a better monitor. It will help with your spriting. Once I made a sprite that looked totally awesome on my old monitor but when the new one was hooked up it looked like crap. The colors and shading were screwed up. Of course, it would be a little impractical to get a new one just for spriting, but maybe you can adjust the brightness so that you can see darker colors?

The brightness is set as high as it can go already. Yeah, my monitor will probably need replacing pretty soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom