• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Spriter's Showcase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
could I post here?

umbrerantret.png

Comments and crits please.

cant be bothered to fully crit but: Do NOT copy-flip. See what you did with the ears? yeah, don't do that.

Well you can, but it needs to be reshaded.
That tail's purple. You should recolor it to show a flow from black body to purple tail.

No, no you can't. It looks really offputting and kinda tacky, really. Better solution would be to use a different sprite, scratch, or edit.

I felt like using a different color for the tail because I was tired of using black.

I did move some shading on the ears, but sort of forgot about the tail. I guess that I gotta practice more on that.

umbrerantret.png

The sprite looks a little to cluttered with all the parts. As mentioned the tail shouldn't be purple unless you want it to be like that. What is that thing on it's back, wings or something because it isn't clear what they are. As for copy flipping, if you do [but don't unless you really need to or something] then redo the shading because if light is coming from the top left corner then why is the shading where it would be lighter in real life. A tip that I use to shade is to draw a dot and imagine a light from that spot then shade and highlight. Overall it is quite a good sprite but there are some flaws.

Edit: I've done my SECOND scratch sprite EVER and I'm posting it here...
scratchcatbi3.png

It sucks but it is my first. Background was just a random colour because I don't like white and I can't make things tranparent ;D It is still in progress because I'm still working on the tail, I'll edit again when it's done.

Edit 2: Oh, I hate the tail for some reason. I just can't do it...
scratchcatvo7.png

OMG it looks like a cape XD *Plays Superman music* 'Supercat' I can just imagine...
'Hi Supercat' 'Meow' Goes the all mighty Supercat. XD XD XD HEAPS of help on the tail, it really kills the whole thing even if it sucked in the first place. Then again, I didn't have much time to do the tail. I'll post my FIRST EVER scratch when I can get it here.
[It is on a different computer that has no internet, so I'll need a disk or something.]

Edit 3: I don't know how to shade outlines so don't say 'The outline is Black' or 'The outline needs shading'

From EeveeSkitty

Last edited:
I think it's CUTE!
I have trouble with any kind of tail, too!

EDIT: I fixed the legs, changed the color of eyes for no reason, and redid the tail! I didn't add shading to the tail, though, so you might want to do the shading!

fixedkittyrx0.png

Last edited:
Pupils? Or add more color to the eyes... I think. For the outline, as far as I remember you just color the outline next to the brightest areas, like next to the highlights.
In other news, my first scratch(sucks):
KetarinScratchPokemonsprite.gif

It doesnt' just suck... it sucks badly, with crappy shading and uncreativity.

@eevee: kind of looks like it's leaping to me... or just jumping. But kinda cute. :3

EDIT: Actully volareon is my first scratch. Here:

volareon.png

Last edited:
scratchcatvo7.png
fixedkittyrx0.png

OK, Mewtwo, the tail looks a bit like it's coming out of it's legs instead of behind the cat but the tail is good. I think blue eyes might look a bit better but I'm not sure. Thanks everyone and I hope to have the first scratch I've done here in about a one week.[This is actually my second scratch but my first is much better for some reason.]
Jewel Espeon, it IS supposed to be in mid jump:D

From EeveeSkitty [Italics Rule...sometimes]

It looks weird with its eyes looking at nothing instead of what it's leaping at. If anything, you should change that. I think you should put the arms in front of the cat instead of to the sides so that it doesn't look like it's doing the splits.

I'll discuss shading later, because it'll be too hard if you plan to change the outline. I mean body shading, not outline shading.

OK, now that scratch is past. Now I have my 2nd TIED scratch ever that is a fakemon, compete with shiny. [The tied is this was complete like one minute after my real first that still isn't here.]
swirlqx7.png

I think they are quite cute :D

Edit: My first animation...sucks...oh well...and I don't know who did the pictures except Sunnyfish from DeviantART did the Mew.
myfavteammk4.gif

Well, it does suck doesn't it?

From EeveeSkitty

Last edited:
OK, now that scratch is past. Now I have my 2nd TIED scratch ever that is a fakemon, compete with shiny. [The tied is this was complete like one minute after my real first that still isn't here.]
swirlqx7.png

I think they are quite cute :D

Nicely done! They're very cute.

Edit: My first animation...sucks...oh well...and I don't know who did the pictures except Sunnyfish from DeviantART did the Mew.
myfavteammk4.gif

Well, it does suck doesn't it?

From EeveeSkitty

No, it doesn't suck at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom