• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Spriter's Showcase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My adoptable scratches:
Mewtwo.png
Pinkie.png

They're the first adoptable scratches I've made, so I'd appreciate some crit so I can make better sprites. :D

My adoptable scratches:
Mewtwo.png
Pinkie.png

They're the first adoptable scratches I've made, so I'd appreciate some crit so I can make better sprites. :D

Pinkie is precious. x3 You might want to add some shading on the wings, but it's a tiny icon so there's not too much you can do with it. Treetops... it's a worm coming from an apple, right? Er. I can't exactly tell what it is. o_o Darker outlines might help.

So, um... yeah. Try and use less colors with more contrast if you can, and darker outlines.

Pinkie is precious. x3 You might want to add some shading on the wings, but it's a tiny icon so there's not too much you can do with it. Treetops... it's a worm coming from an apple, right? Er. I can't exactly tell what it is. o_o Darker outlines might help.

So, um... yeah. Try and use less colors with more contrast if you can, and darker outlines.

Thanks.
Treetops is a pineapple with a snake twirling around it, but you can see it better in the next evo.
I'll do that in my next adoptables! Thanks for the crit =D

chimeraspriteor5.png

Random scratch sprite attempt. 100% scratched~ Comments please?
It's good for a scratch, though there are things wrong. I'll just point out the things that Twitch didn't.

Before scratching, I suggest that you search "Chimera" in google. Yes, Twitch, a Chimera is a mythological animal, with a lion's head, a goat's head and sometimes a Dragon head and Dragon wings, and snake as a tail. Look at the anatomy of a lion and dragon wings.

The wings looks like it has no shading, make the darkest shade darker, and the outlines too. I'm no expert with anatomy, actually, I'm a beginner with anatomy, but I can see that the wings needs improvement. Again, look at the anatomy of a dragon. With wings like that, it can't fly. Look here. You don't have the shoulder of the wing, it needs shoulders, bones, to fly! Ok, I'm no good at explaining. Look at this website, it explains how to draw wings.

Did you try the Dragon Cave shading style? Well, if so, don't use dithering. You should rather use more colours.

The back paw looks too big, the mane is too flat, and the tail fur doesn't even look like fur, and the tail is too short.

Now, my sprite.

2rnfths.png

It's one of the first times I try Anti-Aliasing, but I do need critisism, as it's far from the best. I'll destroy the whole sprite if I try shading it O.o, so I won't try, for now.

It's my character in "Survive the Darkness or Die", the RPG, in werewolf form. The gray, furry Lucario to the right is just an edited Platinum Lucario made to look like my character in his werewolf form.

Can I have some crits on my revamp?

And Bakuphoon, I think there's something wrong with the right foot, unless it's supposed to be curved.

Well, I guess I'll post a few sprites I made.

glaceeveeqq7.png

-One of the few successful splices I've ever done (if there's any others).
glowingpsyduckbw2.png

-Glowing Pokemon Psyduck like in the Anime.
vaporeonrecolorce8.png

-Most colors are from the sprite, but a few yellow shades had to be custom.
linelesssphealnx3.png

-A lineless Spheal I made, but I've got better ones on a different computer.
parasectdpjn6.png

-I call it a "Shining Sprite". It's my first, so I need a little practice.
silverfloatzelwithbluezs6.png

-I call it "Silver Floatzel with Blue Accessories". I need better names...
silverandgoldporygonzyy4.png

-I call it "Silver and Gold PorygonZ". What was I thinking with these names!?
delcattyao7.png

-I apparently didn't like the DP Delcatty coloring when I did this.
trainerhostlr5.png

-Sometimes, trainers are great and easy to edit when I'm bored...

If enough people like them, I'll probably start a sprite shop.

Can I have some crits on my revamp?

And Bakuphoon, I think there's something wrong with the right foot, unless it's supposed to be curved.
... The sprite to the right is just an edited Platinum Lucario sprite.

And yes, I think it's supposed to be curved.

For the werewolf, I think you should copy and paste a second one, remove the antialias, shade it, and then add it back on, looking at the first one.

The shading doesn't seem obvious enough. And the shape of the highlights don't make it look enough like a circle. Also, it has highlights on the bottom-left. Those should be darker, not lighter than the main color.
Overall: Too 2D

Last edited:
Revamp =! Recolour
Revamp =! Recolour
Revamp =! Recolour

Revamps involve scratch-editing the shading and outlines to get something that looks like a rse/frlg/dpp sprite, and a little less 2d. If you're revamping a rse/frlg/dpp sprite, you're making the shading/outlines look better.

Recolouring is changing the colours.

If you want a tut or something, I'll try and dig one up. Right now, I can't really be bothered to give decent cc :/

Hai.
I've been pretty much inactive here for a little while, so it's time to get spriting!
Here's a scratch I just made like 2 minutes ago: An I-Dog!
blueidogkc9.png

Like it? Hate it? C & CC please!

Well, I guess I'll post a few sprites I made.

glaceeveeqq7.png

-One of the few successful splices I've ever done (if there's any others).

It sort of looks like you just copy and pasted Glaceon's hair thing onto Eevee and recolored. Not a bad first try if it is, but some of the outlines are still brown, and the tips of the ears' outlines are a little too light.
glowingpsyduckbw2.png

-Glowing Pokemon Psyduck like in the Anime.

Nothing much to crit. It's nice.
vaporeonrecolorce8.png

-Most colors are from the sprite, but a few yellow shades had to be custom.

When you're making a recolor, try to keep it at a minimum of three colors. Here you have white (the mane), yellow (the body), navy blue (the fin thing) and light blue (the insides of the ears and head fin). I suggest you make the light blue an orange or white so it'll match the rest of the sprite.

linelesssphealnx3.png

-A lineless Spheal I made, but I've got better ones on a different computer.

Not bad, but the left side of its face looks caved in.
parasectdpjn6.png

-I call it a "Shining Sprite". It's my first, so I need a little practice.

...Huh? I don't know the difference between it and the original.
silverfloatzelwithbluezs6.png

-I call it "Silver Floatzel with Blue Accessories". I need better names...

Really good recolor, nice choices, but the outlines of the blue thing around its neck is still brown.
silverandgoldporygonzyy4.png

-I call it "Silver and Gold PorygonZ". What was I thinking with these names!?

The left arm's outline is black, when the light source is from the left side. Please, please please try to shade the outlines the same as the inside.
delcattyao7.png

-I apparently didn't like the DP Delcatty coloring when I did this.
trainerhostlr5.png

-Sometimes, trainers are great and easy to edit when I'm bored...

These are pretty nice.
If enough people like them, I'll probably start a sprite shop.

Overall, they're nice sprites, but there's definitely room to improve. Keep trying!

Editing an Arcanine to make it look like a tiger=NO FUN. AT ALL.
I don't really like it much, either...
tigerarcaninehk8.png

Crit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom