• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Spriter's Showcase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
eb4qvq.png

:D?

randomtyphoon: Is it supposed to be a monferno/nuzleef splice? Well, the mask looks a little wierd. But I really can't point it out. And part of the left arm outline is missing. And the right leg looks a bit messed up.

Btw, to me they look somewhat like machoke bodies instead of scratch.

Yeah, those are most definitely not scratch. xD They are actually edited Machamp bodies.

some retypes!

magnetonnp9.png

Grass-type Magneton.

torterraxi2.png

Technically Torterra makes *sense* fire-type, 'cause of its being based on a tectonic plate or summat. anyway yeah.

palkiane5.png

O:

Last edited:
Man, you're one good spriter. But the flames on the Palkia look inferno-ish and it's bad to put too much of an outline on the fire.

Rates?

some retypes!

magnetonnp9.png

Grass-type Magneton.

torterraxi2.png

Technically Torterra makes *sense* fire-type, 'cause of its being based on a tectonic plate or summat. anyway yeah.

palkiane5.png

O:

You sir, are a very good spriter. You are better than many of the spriters here, and I admit that my sprites aren't that good. Keep up the good work!

Magneton: Definately the simplest looking of the three. There are no noticible flaws, but detail on Magneton itself is lacking compared to the vines.

Torterra: Just wow. There are many things going on here, with the lava splashing a little and the volcano erupting, and even a small fire flaring up. Torterra also looks kinda rocky, which works considering the aforementioned effects.

Palkia: I love how its pattern has been changed to have a magma flow, and how its pearl has been changed to resemble a volcanic crater. The fire along Palkia's back and tail is a little basic, but is okay considering the vast amount of Pokemon with that body fire. Palkia isn't as good as Torterra, but is still a wonderful sprite worthy of any praise it recieves.

Er...I hope I didn't sound egotistical. You know, at the begining of my post?

thanks man O:

I wasn't really sure how to add more details to the bodies, seeing as they're just.. berries.

thanks man O:

I wasn't really sure how to add more details to the bodies, seeing as they're just.. berries.

strawberry texture? Pumpking texture?

Yeah, I understand. Sprites can be difficult to work with sometimes.

SO GUYS

My avatar - could people rate it, please? It's basically a recolour with a few minor scratch edits, but I'd like comments anyway. I personally think it doesn't look anything like a pumpkin at all, but what are your opinions?

(In case someone looks back at this post when I've next changed my avatar and wonders what the hell I'm on about - )

halloweenavatar.png

PWO_SCRIB_29881.png

Uh, I'd adore some criticism one this splice, since I haven't spliced anything in a while.

The tail's a bit cut off. All I can see beside's that is that the left ear is a little wierd and the outline under the mouth is a bit thick.

i23ehg.png

Already posted this in the Spriter's Club, but I may as well post it here. This is a revamp of Yellow's Nidoking, and I think I screwed it up by trying to duplicate D/P Nidoking's shading. I think I should've done a pokemon similar to Nidoking, like Rhydon. So...opinions?

The first three ones are really small. And for the first on, you should change the shading for the body or plates. Is the light source on the right or left?

For the second ones; they seem overshaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom