• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Spriter's Showcase!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Now, would someone mind rating this?
iojfirfiughg-2.png

It is a fusion of Mewtwo (base), Celebi and Entei. I added Entei to it because it was supposed to be a fusion with 3 Pokemon which looked like the evolved form of a legendary.

Mewtwo was the base, Entei was used for one wing and the tail and Celebi was used for colors and the face. I scratched about 80% of it.

Random sprite generator FTW! =P

And I still need crits for this sprite:
rffrjlv6.png

.-:Collocus:-.

Firstly, they're all terribly re-sized. Never, and I mean ever re-size your sprites using Paint, because they'll come out like crap. Secondly, save them as .PNG, not .JPEG or whatever. Only PNG or GIF. Actually, forget GIF, only PNG will work, as it preserves the quality of your sprite.

I still need rates on these:
iojfirfiughg-2.png

rffrjlv6.png

.-:Collocus:-.

Ok thanks except the froslass and the castform are the only ones i ever resized. And they were some of my first attempts at spriting before i discovered zoom~

Alright, sorry about the white. I made this for a contest that i just found out was closed for three months cause i forgot to check the date, so i'm posting it here cause i'm proud of it.
It's a scratch computer/spiritomb thingy.....

Last edited:
It's good! if you used paint then move it to the top-left corner and get rid of the white.

Charizard Morph: First of all, the mouse needs some shading. And I don't think the green coloring on the wire is really necessary. Also, why is there dots on the... gas?

Adnan's Collocus: The light on the light blue parts are kind of thin. The stripes have a lot of shading and light which sort of makes it pop it, unless it's supposed to do that. The tail also looks a little high.

Btw I'm being rushed so I'm not going to crit the splice now.

PWO_SCRIB_30317.png

Thank for the critics Jewel Espeon, so I tried fixing what you told me. Is this any better?

((woah i didn't realise you were spoon-fork from pwo x_x;;))
the tail looks a bit angular imo. where the line is straight, make it more curved, like an eevee's tail.

((woah i didn't realise you were spoon-fork from pwo x_x;;))
the tail looks a bit angular imo. where the line is straight, make it more curved, like an eevee's tail.

((Yeah, here, and PWO are pretty much where I frequent. I'm not active elsewhere.))

Oh, thank you, and I'll fix the tail, which I should have noticed.

Crit. on these?

pokesona2.png

pokesona3.png
--- Both this one and the one above are versions of my pokesona. Espeon+Absol ftw!
stantlerprevo.png
--- A stantler prevo. Simple enough.
blazicross.png
--- Blazicross!

Hi, here are two new scratches I made for my game, they are ghost chimney pokemon and the first one evolves to the second one. The black stuff is meant to be smoke, crits please :grin:
picture.php
picture.php

I'm kind of just getting started with spite thing but here is one I gust made useing paint
11-3.png

It's an umbreon+flareon which = IDK umm flaumbreon or something lol

11-6.png
-Umbreswamp
11-8.png
-Swampert mixed with dragons
I have a cool pic of Umbreswamp useing rain dance, if anyone wants to see?
Oh may I ask what is the best way to recolor?

Last edited:
Ken, you have a little work to on your sprites.

For one, they're resized. Sprites should be small and pixely, not smooth. If you need to work on them at a small level, zoom in instead of stretching them.
See, this is a sprite:

025pikachu.png

While this is not:

16iusug.png

Actually, Mudkipz, technically they're both sprites, it's just the second one hardly qualifies as one.

Ken#1, I have some good news for you! The site that this forum is part of has this amazing spriting guide that explains the basics of spriting in easy-to-understand terms. And pictures! Read through it and try to do exactly as it says, you hear me? Exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom