• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Spriter's Showcase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to show a sprite that I made today. I used to sprite heaps when I was younger (like 9 or 10 XD), but I became rusty, so I just stuck to recolouring for now-
MagbyMar.gif

Does it look ok?

Last edited:
I scanned one of my drawings but it came out slightly (way too) small on the computer. so I made a pixel over of part of it.
wytesteelepixovr.png

it's a villain called Wyte Steele from one of my series'.

Last edited:
I found my first sprite on this forum.

27zx4kg.jpg

Wow, that is pretty damn bad, don't know what I was trying to accomplish but I found it anyway.

Finally finished.
2625fsi.png
zuhye8.jpg

Crit/comments?
My friend on another site sent me the original outline. I fixed it slightly (because it was kinda wonky) and filled the colours in.
I also have a shading disorder. The Black one is JPG for some reason unknown to me and is fuzzy. Anyway, Dalek Sec FTW.

Last edited:
Right ive got my own thing so you can also post them on mine, but please read the desc.
Try these beuts:
picture.php
Queeneon
picture.php
and sevgon
engow and please read

Oh my goooood

This took way too long.
gira-scartch-2.png

my first scratch of a official Pokemon. I just had to choose Giratina didn't I?
C+CC?

scratchpaunobel87175.PNG
Paunoble

I really like that Giratina. I'm looking at it on Paint at the moment, but I can't find any obvious flaws. I know this isn't very helpful, but I don't see anything wrong.

The_end_by_Frickish.png

Anything wrong with this? A few things to point out though:

.Ruffled the chatot has a yellow beak, and she does not have a blue back like most chatot.
.Seedeth has a different type of hair style than normal aipom, as do all the aipom in my fanfics (its to tell them appart).
.I like dithering. XD

I just wanted to show a sprite that I made today. I used to sprite heaps when I was younger (like 9 or 10 XD), but I became rusty, so I just stuck to recolouring for now-
MagbyMar.gif

Does it look ok?
That's a really good recolour, did you recolour it to look like a Magmar? There's no flaws here, although I don't like the colouring on the stomach, because if it's supposed to be coloured like a Magmar, it doesn't look like flames.

Finally finished.
2625fsi.png
zuhye8.jpg

Crit/comments?
My friend on another site sent me the original outline. I fixed it slightly (because it was kinda wonky) and filled the colours in.
I also have a shading disorder. The Black one is JPG for some reason unknown to me and is fuzzy. Anyway, Dalek Sec FTW.
I've got no idea of what they are, but I must say that they're not bad. The green thing up there as well as the second row from the left of orbs could have been shaded more. I'm not good at critisizing things that are non-Pokémon related, bear with me.

Right ive got my own thing so you can also post them on mine, but please read the desc.
Try these beuts:
picture.php
Queeneon
picture.php
and sevgon
engow and please read
ooo... First of all, is Quueneon supposed to be an eeveelution? It's just a splice of many different splices, and it's not a specifically good splice either. Look at the tails or whatever they are, they're obviously copy-pasted and flipped. The colours are slightly messed and don't mix well on this splice. The front paw is too big and thick for little Queeneon's body as well.

Sevgon's a better one, although the right horn (our view) isn't pasted on well, and I also think there's too many different colours. And the shading on the fin(?) is wrong, the light should come from the top-left, not bottom right, same with the horns.

Oh my goooood

This took way too long.
gira-scartch-2.png

my first scratch of a official Pokemon. I just had to choose Giratina didn't I?
I just hate those wings! No, no, it's not your fault, it's Nintendo who had to make them plain gray with no shade or light, and I know it's supposed to be like that but I don't like it still...

But still this is a real good scratch, and there's only some minor flaws in it. Like how some parts of the gold outlines have too little black in them, in my opinion, and the dark gray marks on the body... umm... I'm unsure how to explain this, but... there's too many gray pixels between the dark gray and the light gray pixels, and that makes the dark gray marks look like they're kinda blending in with the light gray. And the sprite itself looks a bit flat, but I don't know how to fix that.

Oh, and there's some gray pixels on the outline on the claws on the left (Our view) front foot. :)

And that's a great scratch by the way!

The_end_by_Frickish.png

I noticed one thing about this one: the ocean. It looks like part of the sky, it's too lightly colored and high up.

Okay. I'm entering a sprite contest on another forum, and I need crits for this Giratina sprite:
th_Giratina-figureb.png

It's a pixel-over of the little figure you get with a Platinum preorder. I would've made it bigger, but the person who made the sprite contest wants it to be 80x80.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom