• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Spriter's Showcase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only one thing to be criticized, I made a pixel over of this.

Here's the sprite:
Jolteon.gif
Looks great. Only thing that I'd really suggest is to perhaps add some black outlines where the shading is darker.

Shirite.png

What you is to be thinking of this?
It's Shirite, a Fakémon of mine. Obviously it's not shaded, but I wanted to make sure the outline and colors were okay first~
C+CC plz?
It looks pretty good, but I think that the leaves(?) poking out of the sides may be copy-flipped. Also, judging merely on what it is, it aught to be a bit smaller. Unless it's some kind of giant bug. You should probably sort those things out.

aquageddon.png

oh god what is that thing it's ugly

also entirely scratch except the tip of the right (our right) whisker since no matter what I did it looked stupid so I stole it from Wishcash.

Also FMCrade and moonyvour
Katirade.png
krystalpogie.png

i like dithering way too much for my own good.

kidnapped shamelessly from the spriter's club because i am lazy. c+cc?

Shiruzz.png

My previously posted sprite, fully shaded and renamed Shiruzz. C+CC now that it's done plz?

Oh yeah, and the yellow things are supposed to be like lightbulbs, it's a Bug/Electric type. And yeah, it's probably too big but I don't think I could make it smaller if I tried ^.^;;

mmh... Yeah, I decided to scratch something. It's a Luneon, my fake evolution of Umbreon.

If you want to see it, here: Link.

Yes, Bakun has a Dev account :3. Now, C&C, pl0x?

mmh... Yeah, I decided to scratch something. It's a Luneon, my fake evolution of Umbreon.

If you want to see it, here: Link.

Yes, Bakun has a Dev account :3. Now, C&C, pl0x?

The second one definitely looks better than the smaller one. It looks good enough to be an official sprite, even. The one thing I'd nitpick at is I can't really tell what that yellow place between the ears is. Is it a stripe that goes up and between the ears? Maybe make it gently curve down in the back (which would be achieved by just knocking off some of the topmost yellow pixels, I think) so it looks more like it's curving with the head shape.

I made a couple of pixel overs last night...

lugia1.png
lugia2.png

C&C please?

Last edited:
Shaymin.png

Crits? I'm not satisfied with this for some reason, but I had to finish it as a request.

Shiruzz.png

My previously posted sprite, fully shaded and renamed Shiruzz. C+CC now that it's done plz?

Oh yeah, and the yellow things are supposed to be like lightbulbs, it's a Bug/Electric type. And yeah, it's probably too big but I don't think I could make it smaller if I tried ^.^;;

I like it. The furry shading on the body was done pretty well. But the shading on the lightbulbs doesn't look obvious at first glance. Though, since I've been looking at it for a minute, it looks better.
Nice sprite.

Lucas755 said:
Shaymin.png

Crits? I'm not satisfied with this for some reason, but I had to finish it as a request.
I think it could use some more shading really. Put some highlights on it. Also add black outlines in the shadowy area.

Lunareon8200934823-iaza.gif
Lunareon_Night_Forme5831099019-iaza.gif

It's a scratch of my fake eeveelution, Lunareon. The one on the Right is Night Forme. C&CC?

Shaymin.png

On top of what Psymon said, the shading is rather jagged and unsmooth in some places (mainly the green part that hangs just above the face). The back legs are also unclear.
Other than the back legs the outline, shape-wise, is rather good. I like the flowers and the green fluff in the back where it parts.

The second one definitely looks better than the smaller one. It looks good enough to be an official sprite, even. The one thing I'd nitpick at is I can't really tell what that yellow place between the ears is. Is it a stripe that goes up and between the ears? Maybe make it gently curve down in the back (which would be achieved by just knocking off some of the topmost yellow pixels, I think) so it looks more like it's curving with the head shape.

I made a couple of pixel overs last night...

lugia1.png
lugia2.png

C&C please?
Thanks, I really appreciate it :3. Especially since it's the great Alraunne who commented on my sprite.

The eye on the first Lugia looks somewhat weird, but seeing as the sprite is so small, I doubt there's much you can do about it :/. Although, there's one or two pixels on the chin that makes it look like it's a got a beard or something, try to remove them and see how it looks. I see no flaws on the second one, it's good enough to be an official sprite :3

I have one more sprite:
Here.

It's Cerbedoom, for Zephyrous Castform.

C&C?

Wow, that Cerbedoom looks really good! Only thing I noticed was that the feet don't look strong enough to support the body, especially the one closest to us. It looks like it is standing on the side of it's foot. Try to make the feet flatter, and possibly bigger. But overally, I like it, and I'm sure Zephyr will like it too =)

I was randomly redoing one of my sprites and it turned out to be one of the cutest bug pokemon I have ever seen!

Lunurm92999.PNG

I was going to add a tail and stuff, but I think it looks good as it is. I'm not really looking for in-depth CC on this one, just showin' it off =D

EDIT: I just finished the evolution, which is a cocoon, unoriginally.
Coluna34332.PNG
This one I would like some crits on. How does it look? It turns into an electric moth, BTW.

Last edited:
a splice of oddish, weavile, and sableye, and a lot of it is scratched.
pastuliocomp.png
guess what it's called!

C+CC?

TyphlosionGijinka.png

Typhlosion gijinka sprite. Completely from scratch. I tried doing it in DP style, but it turned out more FR/LF :/.

Oh well, C&C?

That looks good! Part of the reason might be (though I'm not too experienced with trainer sprites) the eyes, they really aren't the same style as DP. It's also not smooth in some places, like around the chin and the inner outline of the jacket. But still, it looks very good. Especially since it's scratched, the anatomy looks good.

Yes. I had some problems with the eyes and the head shape. I tried to make the eyes look angry or annoyed. But trust me, it's better than my first try :/ I don't really get what you mean with "It's not smooth in some places". I tried making the outlines smoother on the chin, if that's what you meant, but it only came out weird :/.

EDIT:

I decided to compare my first (attempted ) scratch trainer with my latest.

Oldest-Newest.png

Look at the first one. I snatched the feet and the hand holding the Pokéball from some other sprites, and look at the nose. Or... wait, isn't that a snout? Wha-?

It's supposed to resemble me. Haha. I can image myself looking like that in real life O-o.

Last edited:
Yes. I had some problems with the eyes and the head shape. I tried to make the eyes look angry or annoyed. But trust me, it's better than my first try :/ I don't really get what you mean with "It's not smooth in some places". I tried making the outlines smoother on the chin, if that's what you meant, but it only came out weird :/.

EDIT:

I decided to compare my first (attempted ) scratch trainer with my latest.

Oldest-Newest.png

Look at the first one. I snatched the feet and the hand holding the Pokéball from some other sprites, and look at the nose. Or... wait, isn't that a snout? Wha-?

It's supposed to resemble me. Haha. I can image myself looking like that in real life O-o.

Wow, that was a BIG improvement. Mostly anatomy wise and stuff, but whatever. But it looks much better than my first would.

Here is a little fusion I did of Cherubi and Castform ^-^

Castubi64128.PNG

So.. I've had a go at scratch spriting, since I'm trying to design a beastie for later submission to ASB. REAPHEAP!! :> Well probably not really, unofficial name I guess for now. Either way it's meant to be Ghost / Steel.

ScrapGhost-1.png

Feels very beta-forme.. I also went over the ingame colour limit because as I went I realised my relative inability to work with that few shades, but it doesn't matter much for what it's meant for~ Least I hope not..

Edit: I tried to touch it up a bit because the metal plate looked all flat and blaaaah but I don't really know how to do metallic shine like this blaaah dunno which is even better. >: Also added a couple more detail screws, FOR DETAIL~

ScrapGhost1.png

Last edited:
WT*!?!? last sign was like forever! wow... ok here is a sprite and i need a crit on it.
24xqsfd.png
name:twindime.
Description: The day Deoxys fell to earth, Tiny microscophic life formes inside the meteor attached together, melted, then transformed into twindime.
EDIT: WOW! Im almost a caterpie! only 8 more posts...

picture.php

I didn't post the transparency one because GS style sprites look fugly in Roar of Time, and probably Axe Murder too. If you want, I'll post it here, for those using a brighter style:

picture.php

C&C?

picture.php

My third attempt at scratching. It was really tricky trying to get the fur to look like fur, so I tried dithering. Does it look okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom