• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Spriter's Showcase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
picture.php

My third attempt at scratching. It was really tricky trying to get the fur to look like fur, so I tried dithering. Does it look okay?

The left front paw seems to be at an odd angle, otherwise it looks fine.

okay then, I changed it slightly.
picture.php
Dithering isn't necessary to make fur look fur-like. Take a look at a Pokémon like raticate or arcanine. See how their fur isn't dithered, but shaded kind of jaggedly? Try shading it like that; it'll look better than the dithering.

Or, if you look on Arcanine's back, the shading is smooth; unless this Absol has a lot of fur like Raticate, then just plain smooth shading can get the idea across, too.

Ah, okay. Thanks for that. The fur is meant to be smooth all over except for at the mane. I'll give it a go now.

Pixel-overs
Charmeleonpixel-over.png
Charizardtransparentize.png

Splices
Rayquazardt.png
Shiny_skydragont.png
AnotherRayquazardt.png

Recolors
GoldRhydon.png
EvilGlaceon.png
Orangerayquaza.png

Edits
Psychefirstposetrans.png
Psychesecondposetrans.png
DDfirstpose.png
DDsecondpose.png
Amnesia1.png
Amnesia2.png
Shocked.png
UxieOpen-eyed1.png
UxieOpen-eyed2.png

And finally, Revamps
finishedpikachut.png
finisheddragonite.png
bulbasaur.png
ivysaur.png
venusaur.png
charmander.png
charmeleonpose2.png
charmeleonpose1.png
mewtwo.png
mewpose1.png
mewpose2.png
mewpose3.png
mewpose4.png
mewpose5.png

Sorry so many at once, but I just now got a Photobucket account. Any good? I have an Animated version of the mew sprites, just not with me...I think that the Charmeleons are my best work.

Charmeleonpixel-over.png

Try making the mouth on the Charizard ummm, not so black? Also, the right (our view) hand is round, it looks like it has lost it's claws or something. WHen you look at the light at the back and leg, it looks like it comes fomr the right, while on other places, like the head, it looks like it comes from the left.
The shape on the Charmeleon's head and right arm is somewhat... weird. I can't put my finger on it, however.

Rayquazardt.png
Shiny_skydragont.png
AnotherRayquazardt.png

The tail on the first one is too thin where it connects with the body, and the horns are placed too high up on it's head, in my opinion.
On the two last one, I think the two lower horns are too thick.

GoldRhydon.png
EvilGlaceon.png
Orangerayquaza.png

On the Rayquaza/Charizard one, the tail end is too thick.

Psychefirstposetrans.png
Psychesecondposetrans.png
DDfirstpose.png
DDsecondpose.png
Amnesia1.png
Amnesia2.png
Shocked.png
UxieOpen-eyed1.png
UxieOpen-eyed2.png

I don't like how you made the eyes blue on the 4 first, just my opinion however.

finishedpikachut.png
finisheddragonite.png
bulbasaur.png
ivysaur.png
venusaur.png
charmander.png
charmeleonpose2.png
charmeleonpose1.png
mewtwo.png
mewpose1.png
mewpose2.png
mewpose3.png
mewpose4.png
mewpose5.png

I think you did really well on these, especially the CHarmander, where you used parts of the DPPt sprite to make it look better. However, the mouth outline on the Charmeleon is entierly black, try to change that.

Now, onto my newest sprite:
FlygonforKali2.png

It was a request in my sprite shop. It now belongs to Kali the Flygon :). Criticism?

picture.php

I didn't post the transparency one because GS style sprites look fugly in Roar of Time, and probably Axe Murder too. If you want, I'll post it here, for those using a brighter style:

picture.php

C&C?
There is not really much to say about this, Superyoshi. There is nothing wrong with it. Devamps are fun, but not hard, and so it's difficult to critisize a good one. However, you could try to make it more GSC by changing the outline and eyes etc. to make it more GSC like.

Link.

Newest sprite. It's supposed to resemble a Lucario possessed by the one-tailed demon, Shukaku. If you don't know what the Shukaku is, look it up on google pictures or something. I just want CC:

....How did I forget about the outline. I did everything BUT. Thanks for pointing that out, I usually don't forget to change it.

Basically, the guy in my signature and avatar needs some C+C. :3

Kinda looks like the shades could be saturated a little more, but not bad. owo And the left most shine is unneeded.

Spritombdevampgs.png

Spiritomb is the easiest Pokemon to devamp, srsly.

*looks at shading on Charizard*

*facepalm* Darn! Shame on me! Normally I'm pretty good at making the shades come from one direction...well, it was my first pixel-over. And it was a while ago. A long time ago, in Paint, far, far away...

Thanks for the review, Bakun! I'll try to fix the mistakes!

I just made a new splice. It's Absol and Dragonite, based off of the two totally different results I managed to get on TCod's Personality test.
Absonite.png

Reviews, anyone?

Oh, and here's that animated Mew gif I mentioned, if anyone was interested.
mew3.gif

*goes off to shudder at the thought of having an incorrectly shaded sprite as her avatar*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom