• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Spriter's Showcase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plz?

OP_4009.png

Also, Kirby scratch sprite. Not really done in any particular style.
Superyoshi: A nitpick; it doesn't look like it has a neck, or any shadows under the chin.

I do like the flame, though. It's really nice. apart from that, it's perfectly mediocre. Nothing bad, but nothing outstanding, either.

As for Kirby, it's too light. Some contrast will do it wonders.

EDIT: I have a go at trainer sprites once more. :D Introducing Silver!
silverw.png

The first one is blindingly neon, not to mention those awkward lines on the torso and there's too much black for that shade of blue. And there's something wrong with the outline on the wings.

The second one is nice, but a bit of a nitpick; the outline on the mouth where the two Pokemon meet is shaded too lightly. Try black on a few areas there. Otherwise it's fine, but then again there's really nothing to go wrong here.

The last one looks okay, but in my opinion it looks a bit gimpish. Probably the lack of arms and the long, chubby legs. Cut down the legs to match. And the eyes are just a bit skewed to the wrong side.

Again, more from me. This time, Blaine. Scratched.
blaine.png

While they are cute, the Togekiss baby(?) has distorted wings. Try scratching. The balloon is nice, but it's simple. Try adding some stitching on the wings and the head crest thing.

Anyway, my turn. Flannery, this time.

flannery.png

Looks like her left arm is attatched to her boob. A bit of outline would fix that up. Other than that it looks okay. Perhaps some smoother shading?

Her nose is kinda buttony. :o I think it's like a pixel too tall.

anywhoo
crits?
scratch typhlosion
typhlosionh.png

I havent Posted for AGES! so... crits...
scratch typhlosion
typhlosionh.png

cool... but to me, the arms look to long and the ears look like there in a weird shape... to me... im just weird...

but... I think I found a stealer... im not sure but i think its a stealer.

ill try and get the link to butterfree.

DONE30082.png

Made this for a contest. I had to splice 546527852 different pokemon.

Can't really change it since I already entered it, but some CC would be nice.

Last edited:
Lol it looks awesome. I love the Carnivine grin x3 No contructive criticism really, it lookspretty good.

But the face on it's stomach is... D:

And now for a couple pixel-overs.

2e6agrk.png
70v0w7.png

Don't really like how the eyes on Luxray Man turned out...

I would have to say that brown Arbokthing is nicely done. It's just the legs that don't match; get rid of the muscle definition. I'm not any good with in-depth stuff.

Anyway, tweaked with the former two and added more VS faces. All for Pokemon Online as a trial sort of thing.
lucyv.png

blaine.png

flannery.png

juang.png

Really like the first two, but Flannery's fringe is too big, and I'm not too sure about the shading on her hair. Juan is alright, but there's something not right about his head and face that I can't quite put my finger on.
413-Wormadam.png

Wormadam pixel-over (I am aware the dithering is awful)

spectmega.png

Yanmega spectrum

teddispect.png

Teddiursa spectrum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom