• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Spriter's Showcase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunsparce is poison/bug.

And I was kinda looking for hands. Shaymin is handless, so that won't work.

Ralphy.jpg
MagNot.jpg

Ralphy and Magnot. Yeah...stupid names...but I felt compelled to name them like that, so yeah.

This is a Voltorb/Haunter/Mismagius splice, with some scratched bits.
I'm not so sure if I like it. The hat looks queer and the hands and the body don't seem to match. Oh well.

voltagierix5.png

And THIS is my first ever re-type. Epic failure, but I still like it. He's supposed to be using Water punch, but it looks more like some Ghost type move...

chimcharwatertl0.png

The Chimchar re-type looks fine to me except for the Gyarados head thing. It looks askew at the angle it's at. Other than that it looks great.

Tropiking: I thought it looked a little weird, too, but I couldn't fix it and it looked plain without it. Thanks for confirming that! :)

AF: I thought his hand WAS in a fist... *looks again*
Huh.
Thanks for the crit though!

One normal summer day, a Pokemon named Cubochi(
cubochiow4.png
) stepped out of his home and declared "I M TEH EPIC WINZORZ POKEE MAN! NO ONE BEETS MEH LOLOLOOL".

Suddenly a challenger appears!
magpufffr3.png

"U CANNOT WIN! I SHALL DEFEET U AN YUR EPIC SKILLZORZ CUBOCHI!"

An epic battle ensued. In the end, both died.
So remember kids: DON'T GET IN A FIGHT UNLESS YOU HAVE A BIG MACHINE GUN!

(Nah I'm kidding. C and CC please?)

2qdycf7.png

Sentret time-traveled and attempted to fix itself. Sadly, it didn't turn out that well.

Comment and critique?

They are both really simple. But there arent any obvious flaws. Just crop the massive white space around it.

Yeah, they aren't my best. But I liked the Jigglypuff/Magmar splice, and I wanted to make a sort of exciting post, so... meh.
And yes I probably should crop it. Sorry.

Just out of interest, Rayquazza, what's that you spliced with Cubone?

Just out of interest, Rayquazza, what's that you spliced with Cubone?

Jirachi.

My hand! It HUUURTS! This thingy technically isn't a sprite, but it can be used FOR sprites:
blankbattlescreenmk9.png

Have fun!

EDIT:
Nincada has far too many shades of grey. D:
parcadabh3.png

EDIT 2:
Is this thread dead?
Go Huntrevile! Herd everyone into this thread!
huntrevileyc6.png

EDIT 3:
Now THIS is a good example of WHY not to save your sprites as JPG.
gallevoirqi7.png

WHYYYYYY?

Last edited:
Anyone got an idea for a splice I can make? Two pokémon only.

Forget it. The RSG gave me Zubat and Ludicolo :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom