• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Spriter's Showcase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ArtificialFlavour: It was actually a fire retype ^^;

marshtomppixel-over.png

A Marhtomp pixel-over so far :D

Crit?

Here are some splices I made:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Any comments?

1. Looks good, but simple. Perhaps you could have added Pikachu's cheek pouches? Also the right ear(our right) looks a bit too high on the head, compared to the other ear.
2. Good! I can't really find much wrong with it. The tail doesn't look attached though, try and adjust that.
3. The wings are coming out of its rear end, and the head flame(is that what it is?) looks awkward and unnecessary. Not a very well done sprite.

ct9g4.png

Turtwig/Shinx, dubbed "Ancia" as a combination of the names of my mom's Turtwig and Shinx. :D

I like the Fire-type Lapras, but the fire on its head could be a bit redder at the base. I can barely tell it starts there.

A Chocolate Pokemon: (something I invented. Get them at the Ultimate Pikachu's Sprite Shop.)
DialgaChocolate.png

Comments?

The chest plate blends with the body too much. You need to use some darker shades of chocolate on various places, like the afore mentioned chest plate, to make it look better. Unless it is supposed to look like a chocolate bar...then its perfect.

AHEM. The Mantine in my sig. I'll edit this and post it here if I really have to, but for now you can just look down an inch.

Well, it's just a recolour. The only thing that is mildly chocolate-y is the colour. And you didn't invent brown recolours. :/

The chest plate blends with the body too much. You need to use some darker shades of chocolate on various places, like the afore mentioned chest plate, to make it look better. Unless it is supposed to look like a chocolate bar...then its perfect

Thats how its supposed to look like.
Well, it's just a recolour. The only thing that is mildly chocolate-y is the color[/qoute]

oh well

... I was kinda hoping for some constructive criticism, like how I could improve on them, or what I've done wrong and how to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom