• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Suggestion Box

I've yet to see an ASB gym system/proposed gym system that involved leaders totally giving up the rest of their teams in favor of whatever theme they chose. Or am I not understanding you correctly?

Anyway, who says the gym leaders have to have type-based or team-based themes at all? If I recall the way TPM does it (and it's been a looong time, and also I never got around to doing much with the gyms, etc.), the gym leaders' gimmicks are based primarily around their crazy gym arenas and not their teams. They might pick some of their existing team as their "designated gym team" (don't remember whether that was required or some just did it because they felt like it), and they might personally decide to have those choices follow a theme, but iirc it was more arena-based strategy they were concerned with.

Hmm... Negrek would be the best judge of that. But I guess you're right; it would be cruel to make gym leaders give up the rest of their team.

Well, why would they? They're still going to be regular players participating in the rest of the league when they aren't busy being gym leaders, and not allowing them to have a normal team for having everyday battles seems a bit silly. Considering that team size here is unlimited anyway, there's nothing (save money) stopping people from just buying extra pokémon to fit their theme if themes are required.

We aren't going to base the system entirely around TPM, are we? I mean, apparently they were fairly successful, but I don't see the point of copying them to any large extent. The arena theme idea has merit, but I don't actually see the point of forcing gym leaders to have any theme. I mean, they should be able to, but why make it necessary?

Those were examples. Nowhere did I suggest following them to the letter. If I could think of any decent, still-active examples off the top of my head, I'd have mentioned those as well. (The only other one I can think of I consider to be a giant, confusing mess, but I'm sure there are at least a few more out there.)

For the record, I would actually prefer not making "themes" of any sort mandatory. If the leader wants one, they can have one; if not, whatever.

What exactly is happening about Pokemon's dream world abilities, because if nothing is really happening I thought it might be a good idea to make a dream world ability shop to teach Pokemon their hidden abilities.

What exactly is happening about Pokemon's dream world abilities, because if nothing is really happening I thought it might be a good idea to make a dream world ability shop to teach Pokemon their hidden abilities.

This has been rejected several times, I believe.

Well, even if a shop can't be made are they going to be implemented sometime in the future?

I'm pretty sure you can have them as sig attributes, though! You just need to have a better justification than "I bought it at the shop, where they taught it to my pokemon."

(If I'm wrong, please tell me; I have a sig attribute planned that involves Dream World abilities. I don't even have the pokemon I was thinking of for that, though. So it doesn't really matter.)

How about a little "Buy that Pokémon" link when we do a Pokémon research, because when you don't know the price of the Pokémon you want its annoying to look through all the prices. If its too much programming and stuff I don't care much, just throwing out the idea.

Hmm, maybe. I was going to have the full price list available as a link on the "Buy Pokémon" page, at which point you could ctrl + f to find the one you want, in the redesign.

Well, why would they? They're still going to be regular players participating in the rest of the league when they aren't busy being gym leaders, and not allowing them to have a normal team for having everyday battles seems a bit silly. Considering that team size here is unlimited anyway, there's nothing (save money) stopping people from just buying extra pokémon to fit their theme if themes are required.

why couldn't gym leaders just have a team quoted in the first post of their thread that they could use, instead of having to use their active squad? then they aren't having to switch their active squad/keep their team the same, and still have a theme.

I mean, teams are public anyway, so it's not like they'd be disadvantaged, and they'd still be able to choose the order that they sent their pokemon out.

I dunno, I really like the idea of gym battles. :o

um, so i was looking at somewhat old forums, and i saw the mosh pit free for all.

why cant there be another one of those?

Back
Top Bottom