• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Suggestion Box

There's no reason why there absolutely can't be another one of those. None that I know of, at least.

Sure, you'll be pretty hard-pressed to find a willing referee, but, it's not outright prohibited.

Negrek, do you have a list of how much exp. all the Pokemon need to evolve? We had one in the old PRO, but it wasn't 5th-gen updated.

Um, what if we had a couple more referee approvers? They could be the best-of-the-best referees.

Negrek, do you have a list of how much exp. all the Pokemon need to evolve? We had one in the old PRO, but it wasn't 5th-gen updated.
Yeah, like I said, I'll get one together.

Um, what if we had a couple more referee approvers? They could be the best-of-the-best referees.
I've considered it in the past, but there are only three or four people I would trust to do it, and given how infrequently people tend to do fairly simple approvals of signature moves and attributes, I'm not sure how much it would help to look for people to do the much more time consuming work of considering referee applications.

Would it be a good idea to create an "ASB Discussion" thread where people could just talk about how things work in ASB (apart from the rules and everything), for example: "what would be a good fire-type to use in ASB" or "What are good moves to look for on a Pokémon in ASB" and other opinion-based questions that you can't really ask in the A&A or ASB rules threads.

Most ASB's have some form of discussion thread; I go back and forth on whether I like them or not. If people would really like one, I have no problem setting one up; if not, perhaps a social group?

I like the idea of a discussion thread; however, would it be an actual thread, or a sub-forum, such as "General ASB Discussion"?
Both have advantages: Thread for being small, and Sub-forum for being more detailed.

Why would you have to be an expert just to create a social group? And really, it's not even like it would require a ton of maintenance; nothing bad would necessarily happen if the person who originally created it up and left the forum, even. Anyone could do it.

That said, I would prefer a thread since it has greater visibility and all. Social groups never tend to last long around here, and while this particular topic has a better chance of hanging around than others I still think a thread would be more successful. Either way, though. I'd like to see something like that.

Yeah, I have to agree with Kratos that a thread would be easier to find for beginners - and such a thread would be more useful to them than to other, more experienced ASBers that would know where to look.

I'd be willing to make an ASB group if anyone wanted.

Regardless, I am quite for the idea of some sort of general ASB discussion thread.

Hello, I have another suggestion!

I realized that giving referees free Pokémon upon finishing battles kinda promotes taking quick 1 vs. 1 battles to finish them faster, and is kinda unfair for referees that choose to take say 10 vs. 10 battles.

So my suggestion is, how about we give away free Pokémon depending on how much Pokémon participated in the reffed battles?

I'm probably just going to remove that benefit. It's gratuitous--referees make enough to buy whatever they want if they ref semi-regularly anyway.

Can you remove it after I've had time to claim some stuff ;-; I was just getting ready to decide what I wanted to cash in my last few battles for.

Back
Top Bottom