• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Super Smash Bros. RP Planning Committee

How about the kids are given a trophy to help them fight with? Like some characters ((canon)) were imbeded within trophies and by using these trophies the kids gain an attribute ((appearance, weapon, power, or personality trait)) of the character?
That's an interesting thought, though the point of the children is that they cannot fight. But, perhaps we could apply it to the (playable) characters instead? Well, not the appearance or personality trait, but the weapon/power could work. Kind of like stickers, only not as limited. I do like the idea of using collectable trophies, though. And rather than one, maybe they could obtain them along the way?

this is beginning to sound like a cross between Digimon Adventure and Digimon Tamers with SSB what the hell

But, perhaps we could apply it to the (playable) characters instead? Well, not the appearance or personality trait, but the weapon/power could work.

That's how I imagined trophies working way back when they were first unveiled for SSBM! I imagined Mario pulled out a bone club, Cubone-style.

Anyway... Yeah, the point is that the children can't fight, aren't supposed to fight, and whatnot. Otherwise, the SSB world would just keep on turning. And then we don't really have a plot.

That's an interesting thought, though the point of the children is that they cannot fight. But, perhaps we could apply it to the (playable) characters instead? Well, not the appearance or personality trait, but the weapon/power could work. Kind of like stickers, only not as limited. I do like the idea of using collectable trophies, though. And rather than one, maybe they could obtain them along the way?

this is beginning to sound like a cross between Digimon Adventure and Digimon Tamers with SSB what the hell

heh, yeah it is turning into something digimon like...

This would make things interesting, but it's not a plot by itself, it's just a good idea that could be implemented into another story, since I think it would make the kid one too complicated (besides, I thought the RPers were the kids, not the playable characters, so the trophies wouldn't help the RPers much). By the way, I noticed Shining Eevee implemented the Committee thread into her sig. Cool.

My understanding is that the children do not do the fighting themselves--and the hero/ines of the Nintendoverse protect them.

By the way, I wish to be added to the committee

This would make things interesting, but it's not a plot by itself, it's just a good idea that could be implemented into another story, since I think it would make the kid one too complicated (besides, I thought the RPers were the kids, not the playable characters, so the trophies wouldn't help the RPers much). By the way, I noticed Shining Eevee implemented the Committee thread into her sig. Cool.
Actually, the RPers will be able to play both humans and characters. Just to clear up any confusion, the playable characters are: children (I'm thinking anywhere from 8 to 16), the cast of SSBB, newcomers, and fan characters. There will be two sides, one which supports and protects the children in hopes of getting them safely back to their world, and the other which has decided to instead get rid of the children by killing them. Icy has it right.

Btw, I was thinking about including Master Hand into the plot somehow. Ideas?

Well... Master Hand and Crazy Hand are the 'hands of God' in the Smashverse. Maybe they did kidnap Leaf, for whatever the master of the universe has in store for them, I dunno.

But do keep in mind I have yet to play Subspace Emissary.

Last edited:
Err...I'd like to join, if it's no trouble...

For the Master/Crazy Hand idea, Master Hand represents Order, Crazy Hand Chaos. So Master=Good, Crazy=Evil. Or vice versa, depending on the plot.

Or the hands could be forces that cannot directly interfere with the affairs of mortals, and instead influence the world around our heroes, or give them ideas.

Well, my RP is only going to be loosely based on the SSE anyhow, though it probably is going to have some continuity. In fact, I was thinking of including Crazy Hand as a major character, considering how the SSE didn't include him. I'm fairly certain his/its (you know, I'm probably going to go with 'it') trophy description says something about it appearing and taking command when Master Hand can't. So I might try to work that in somehow. Actually... most people speculate that Master Hand
died after being released from the Chains of Light. Perhaps 'speculate' is a bit of an understatement - it did look pretty dead. Then again, though, Master Hand is kind of like a deity, so perhaps it was reincarnated?

@Icy: You're talking about your RP, right? That could work. It wouldn't be the first time Master Hand was under control of the main baddie.

Yeah, okay, that part about not having much to do with the SSE was a bit of a lie.

Or, if Master Hand is a good guy like some have said, he could be the guardian of the heroes and kids, working behind the scenes to make sure they save Leaf.

What? I got a PM that isn't about something totally irrelevant and unimportant?

Madness.

But I'll join.

Eh, I actually don't know a thing about SSB. So I can't come up with plots (like I could before). Meh.

I like the second idea. Sounds kind of fun.

Waaarrg now this is like a fucked up crossover of Kingdom Hearts and SSB >_< You do not crossover a crossover with another crossover. No.

Or that's what it seems like to me. Don't ask.

Aaaanyways, I support all ideas suggested so far. I think having kids and giving them the powers of characters would be cool, but why Leaf? I'm pretty sure there are some other female characters that'd fit the role of a 'princess' better than a 10 year old Pokemon Trainer.

I was aiming for someone to represent Pokemon, but at the same time, Samus doesn't sound like the princess type to me.

Krystal (Star Fox Adventures) might work, though.

Waaarrg now this is like a fucked up crossover of Kingdom Hearts and SSB >_< You do not crossover a crossover with another crossover. No.
That, or this is just a common cliche. OH WOW I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT. *cough* No, seriously. The whole 'real humans travel to thought-to-be-fictional worlds' thing is actually somewhat common.

Wait... How does KH enter the equation? I don't know if they ever enter a 'thought-to-be-fictional' world, Sora and pals don't even come from the real world. There are FF characters living them on the Destiny Islands after all...

Anyway, let's brush that aside...

If you want to cross SSB with any other crossover, it should be Marvel vs. Capcom.

Hey guys, I'm on vacation 700 miles from home, and I didn't think I'd be able to post for a while, but here I am! I'm going to accept shadow lugia for now (he was an original applicant), IcySapphire has proved he can come up with some great ideas too, so he's in, Animorph, contribute some more to the conversation and prove yourself, and you'll be in in no time as well (and yes I know I said "in" twice)! Well, I'm going to have fun on vacation, keep up the conversation!

Back
Top Bottom