• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Frontier Town The Wanderin' Zera

Gladion spaced out for a moment, thinking something unpleasant before snapping back to reality with a shiver.

“Ah. So it’s like that. I shouldn’t be surprised people would rule a bunch of abnormal kids are scarier than a cult of people who’d like to kill, uh, whole demographics of people.” (He’d stumbled over his words as he changed his plan for how to finish that sentence at the last second.)

“Augh. Fucking people.”

Dave nodded. "Fucking people."

He downed another chug of whiskey. Goddamn it.

"Like I said, just have to stay afloat anyway. And if you can actually make something better, for a few weird kids or for your Type: Null or whatever, grab that chance while you have it."

“Yeah. Guess so.”

Gladion quite liked Dave. The guy reminded him of Nanu, which probably meant ill for the state of Dave’s mental health, but was nonetheless familiar to him in a welcome way. Dave reminded him of home in a number of ways, really.

“Not looking to drink anything that’ll push the boundaries of chimeric neuroscience today, so I’ll probably head out. That was… a tiring conversation. But a worthwhile one. Thanks for hearing me out.”

Dave snorted at the joke and threw Gladion a salute as he stood up. "Enjoy the rest of your night. Hope you find, uh, some alternative drinks."

Honestly as far as Dave was concerned it was one of the more interesting conversations he'd had since he'd gotten here. Another bonkers universe out there, but at least someone else here was interested in genetics.

He watched Gladion leave through the door and then returned to his drink.

<><><><><>​

Back
Top Bottom