• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed Thieves of Moonlight [Sign-ups closed]

Jackson smirked. "Okay, Pinch, dig." As the large pulse of blue light shot towards Skorupi, she hurriedly dug away at the floor until she was completely underground and out of view.

((We'll just say for the sake of the RPG that Dig used in building eventually restores the floor on its own))

Grin grimaced. "Man... Umm..." Rhyhorn is still stuck... If I could only get Pinch while he's underground...

Okay, I haven't actually taught Rhyhorn Earthquake, but with some luck, he'll learn it now.

"Rhyhorn! Use Earthquake!!!" Grin commanded. Rhyhorn looked puzzled, but concentrated deeply. He put all of his strength into lifting his front two feet off of the ground... and smacking them down on the ground to shake it. Seismic waves seemed to emanate from the spot Rhyhorn was standing... Yet, even though the ground shook, nothing drastic happened other than making everything start shaking.

"O-Okay, Rhyhorn, don't worry, that was great on your first try!" Grin assured him.

We'll work on that...

Jackson smiled, thanking his luck that Rhyhorn didn't fully know Earthquake. Just as he thought that, Skorupi dug up from underground to hit Rhyhorn. As she dug up, she threw some of the poisoned pins at Rhyhorn.

Grin knew the odds were probably against him here. The pins kept him from doing the one thing Rhyhorn was exceptional at, charging at enemies dead-on.

"Rhyhorn, use Protect!" He commanded.

A blue screen was thrown up around Rhyhorn.

"Pinch, stay atop the reflect!" Jackson commanded. Pinch jumped on top of the wall and waited for it to die down. When it began to shimmer, Jackson called his next command. "Hit him with a Brick Break!" Skorupi lunged for Rhyhorn, with her pinsirs glowing.

Jackson smirked. "Pinch, jump." As soon as Rhyhorn was about to hit her, Skorupi rushedly landed on the Rhyhorns horn and quickly jumped off, out of the way. "Toxic." Skorupi's pincer began to glow purple, and she struck Rhyhorn with it.

There wasn't anything Rhyhorn could do to protect himself, it was too quick, but he could counter-attack.

As soon as toxic got him, Grin commanded, "Horn Attack, Rhyhorn! And then immediately follow-up with Dragon Pulse!"

Rhyhorn thrust his powerful head at Skorupi and began to shoot a Dragon Pulse.

It was an interesting matchup, Jackson thought, Skorupi has good speed, whereas Rhyhorn is fairly sluggish. He smirked again. "Jump, dodge the Horn Attack!" Skorupi jumped into the air, narrowly avoiding the Horn Attack. Then Rhyhorn let out another blue pulse of energy towards Skorupi. "Jump back on Rhyhorn!" Skorupi landed back on Rhyhorn, again, narrowly avoiding Dragon Pulse. "Try using a Poison Fang attack." It was a long shot. Skorupi barely knew how to use Toxic Spikes, so it was improbable that she would be able to pull off a Poison Fang. Skorupi opened her mouth, which began to glow purple, and she bit at Rhyhorn's back. Jackson smiled.

Grin sighed. What's with this guy? My strategy was awesome!

"Rhyhorn, roll over!" He commanded.

With a struggle, Rhyhorn slammed the Skorupi against the ground, while Rhyhorn grunted, stomach-up.

Jackson laughed. Let's see it try and get up. It's stomach is most vulnerable. "Brick Break, Pinch." Pinch got up with a little difficulty and jumped back onto Rhyhorn's stomach, and slammed her tail into it.

Grin winced. Rhyhorn...

Rhyhorn got the air knocked out of him, and shot a dead-on Dragon Pulse with difficulty.

Grin was amazed. Rhyhorn just attacked without my command. Heck, he may be smarter than me! That Skorupi is too close to dodge the Dragon Pulse, he'll get hit, but was it worth it?

Skorupi was blasted up into the air, almost hitting the ceiling. "Grab onto the ceiling!" Jackson commanded. Skorupi hastily stuck one of her pincers in the ceiling. Jackson breathed a sigh of relief. "Sludge Bomb!" Skorupi opened her mouth and shot out a massive ball of sludge at Rhyhorn.

Grin smiled. "Okay, we can do this! Rhyhorn, use-" Grin stopped abruptly.

Rhyhorn had already shot up a protect and flipped himself back onto his stomach.

Hmmm... Rhyhorn isn't listening to me, but he's become much quicker and more independant... Is this good or bad?

Once the Protect wore off and Sludge Bomb canceled, Rhyhorn automatically shot another Dragon Pulse.

Jackson frowned. This was longer than he thought it would be. "Jump to the ground, away from the attack!" he commanded. Skorupi obeyed and landed on the ground next to Rhyhorn. "Now use Payback!" Skoupi developed the black light above her head again, and charged.

Grin commanded, "Rhy-, " but Rhyhorn had already readied his horn to bash Skorupi with a Horn Attack. But this Horn Attack was different...The horn started spinning like a drill.

Oh! He's using Horn Drill! But that means, he'll evolve soon!

(Can we pretend that Horn Drill is just a semi-high power attack instead of 1HKO?)

((Fine by me, I don't want to lose! :D))

Jackson smiled. "Stay back and use Dark Pulse." Skorupi stopped, jumped a few feet back and began an ear-splitting screech that garnered a black wave of light around her. Suddenly, she began to glow white. Jackson could see her form changing into that of a much larger and vicious looking scorpion. Skorupi had evolved into a Drapion. The light faded and she shot the Dark Pulse at Rhyhorn.

Rhyhorn stop drilling and shot a Dragon Pulse to cancel the Dark Pulse.

"Uh..." Grin sighed. He was losing his authority quickly.

Rhyhorn became engulfed in a brilliant white light, and emerged much taller!

"R-Rhyhorn! You're a Rhydon!" Rhydon looked around and roared with power.

"Okay, Rhydon! Let's give Earthquake one more try!"

Rhydon grinned, leapt a couple feet into the air, and smashed the ground beneath him. The land began to shake, and Grin became disappointed... until he saw several land masses spike out of the ground.

"Rhy-Rhydon! You did it! You used Earthquake!" Grin danced a little jig, and Rhydon did what looked like a hearty laugh.

Jackson frowned again. This wasn't looking good. "Alright, Pinch, jump!" Drapion jumped into the air with great agility, missing the tremors. "Finish him off with a Brick Break!" Drapion changed the course of her jump and charged for Rhydon with her tail glowing white.

Grin saw Rhydon thinking. I guess he needs my help after all... Rhydon, this is a new attack, but it's pretty straightforward, it goes how it sounds.

"Rhydon, use Hammer Arm!" Grin commanded. Rhydon looked puzzled, but charged up his arm to parry the attack.

Back
Top Bottom