• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Things that ARE NOT Pokemon yet.

I'm getting kind of confused now...
What the heck did the ultimate pokemon guide say about scyther's evolutionary status before scizor?

What about a doll? Has anyone mentioned a doll pokemon? We should have a doll.

I'm not on about a plushie, a-la Banette, either. That thing in the video I linked is utterly creepy; she keeps chasing you around the haunted house, giggling and making little spooky jingling noises when you desperately try to run away.

Ehh... Are Baltoy and Claydol enough?
In case they aren't, Bulbapedia says that Gardevoir might be based on some kind of doll.

Baltoy is more of a spinning top, Claydol looks more like an idol. And, frankly, if Gardevoir was based on a doll it'd have to be a barbie.

I really liked Gardevoir up 'til now, too.

No, I meant based more on a traditional kokeshi doll. I mean we have a few things already from Japan in there. It's just that Kokeshi's are pretty prolific, and they're creepy as hell. I suppose you could say that I'm wondering why a pokemon hasn't already been based on one.

No, I meant based more on a traditional kokeshi doll. I mean we have a few things already from Japan in there. It's just that Kokeshi's are pretty prolific, and they're creepy as hell. I suppose you could say that I'm wondering why a pokemon hasn't already been based on one.

I like these doll things and this picture has been very useful, i'm using it to design a needed pre=evo to one of my fakemons.
Thanks.
And i agree, we do need a couple of these.

Are you ready? I'm a bird nut so I'll go through every order to show which ones have em and which ones don't.

NONPASSERINES

Rarities (Ostriches, Kiwis and other birds with no keel) - Yes (Doduo).
Tinamous - No (would be very surprising)
Waterfowl - Yes, many
Fowl - several, although its strange how a pigeon can become a pheasant.
Gulls - Supposedly Wingull is a gull but it acts more like a petrel
Plovers - none that I can think of
Puffins - None, surprisingly
Grebes - None, unsurprisingly
Loons - None, unsurprisingly (although it'd be cool to have a black bird Pokemon with red eyes and a sharp, dagger like beak...)
Penguins - Yes
Albatross and allies - yes (Wingull)
Pelicans - yes
Tropicbirds - No. (Articuno kinda resembles one but is blue, and lives in cold places)
Storks and allies - None that I can think of which is really surprising to me. I'd love to have a badass heron Pokemon.
Vultures (new world) - Yes.
Flamingos - a surprising no
Falcons - I would say yes; probably swellow.
Eagles and allies - plenty
Cranes and allies - very surprisingly no. A crane would be a really cool pokemon to have too.
Sandgrouse - No, but would be interesting if they implemented it
Doves - yes
Parrots - yes
Cuckoos - no from the looks of it. It would make for an interesting Pokemon
Hoatzin - no, would also make an interesting Pokemon (Poison/Flying!!)
Owls - yes
Nightjars - no
Hummingbirds and Swifts - really surprisingly no. Unless you decide to count Taillow as a swift (but its really quite obvious its a swallow)
Kingfishers - No but would make an interesting Pokemon
Woodpeckers - a surprising no; woodpeckers are related to the toucans...
Trogons - not surprisingly no
Mousebirds - not surprisingly no

The only passerines we've seen are really crows, a swallow and sparrows, and that's about it.

A few days ago, I thought of this thread, and the first thing that came to mind was a chair. Yes, that's right, a chair. I mean, we have magnets, sludge, exploding balls, garbage bins, ice creams (made of ice!), land mines, candles, so why not a Grass- or Steel-type chair?

Ok, whatever. That'd be a stupid idea. But it makes you think... ANYTHING, theoretically, could be a Pokémon if you played around with the design. A cloud, a sombrero, a box, you name it. So the list of things that aren't Pokémon yet is HUGE.

Back
Top Bottom