• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Things that make no sence in Pokemon

AuroraSuicune

Thee Prophet of Bubbletea
Where does Ash and co get their money? How does Brock manage to carry around picnic tables complete with umbrellas in his backpack? Why does Team Rocket never have enough money to buy food but can manage to bring our a whole ton of robos to catch Pikachu? Why do the Pokemon Centers never go broke after providing free food and healing services to trainers? What happens to the wild pokemon that you defeat?

Yes, I know that this is a kids show, but as *older* people, what other things make no sence?

The Pokemon world is merely a fantasy world and has no intentions of being "real" in any way possible. That's why a lot of things don't make sense in the anime, because it's not supposed to be like the world we live in.
But I guess it's fun to pick out the weird stuff in the anime just the same. :3

Ash & Co. with their money, eh? That's a fun one to imagine what they do to get money. Maybe they steal it from PokeMarts? XD
Team Rocket, I think, get their mechanical machines from Giovanni, if I heard right in one episode.
Pokemon Centers with money...ah the possibilities. Maybe Nurse Joy and Chansey pick pocket people for money as they're sleeping?
As for wild Pokemon, er....Pokemon Heaven, I guess?

I'll throw out another thing that doesn't happen in the real world but does in the anime: People don't age. Apparently they're eternally whatever age they entered in the anime.

Ash and co. could get money from other trainers they beat or simply have some savings - Brock and Misty are both Gym leaders, remember, which could be a well-paid job, and Ash's mom might well be giving him money.

Team Rocket probably get at least the materials from their machines from Giovanni, who is filthy rich.

As for Pokémon Centers, you silly Americans! Other countries have welfare systems. Pokémon Centers are obviously government-run facilities that can provide their services for free because they're run on tax money.

Defeated wild Pokémon presumably just regain consciousness, go home and recover.

Realistic things in anime will always be a funny topic. But with pokemon, a world where small flaming chickens can hurl fire from their mouths, things that make no sense* should be a gimmick.

^What Psyburn said.

I doubt Giovanni supplies those guys with robots. I don't think he really likes them that much, since they spend most of their time trying to get Pikachu when they should just move on. Why else would he send them to "create a base for Team Rocket in Hoenn"? (I think that's what he said.) That way, he wouldn't have to worry. They probably steal it from the trainers of the Pokémon they fail to capture: they're laughing so hard, they don't notice the talking cat sneak up behind them and snatch their wallet. Makes sense to me!

hat i'd like to know is, how in that one episode, pikachu defeated onyx with thunderbolt. yeah, the sprinklers "conducted the water", but come on. o_o it's still a ROCK...

lol, i also always wondered how after being flame blasted/thunder bolted/etc so many times, how ash still manages to stand.

Did anyone else notice the fish in one of the cerulean gym episodes? Those aren't exactly consistent with the 'only pokemon, no animals' rule that the pokemon handbook established.

^That makes me wonder, if there's no animals, where does their meat come from? Miltank burgers....-_-;

Probably. In one episode where they were at some kind of festival, Ash and Misty were eating fried Magikarp.

One thing that doesn't make much sense is why Ash's father hasn't ever been shown. D: Like, wry not just be like OH HAY, THIS DUDE *insert random guy* ASH'S FATHER BTW. YOU CAN STOP SPECULATING THAT IT'S GIOVANNI, RILEY OR PROFESSOR OAK [I can't believe that some people seriously think that Riley is Ash's father XD]

What I don't get....Ash's Pikachu can epicly explode things, 1HKO team rocket and send them flying, etc., yet, in the 4th generation, pikachu gets owned by the first gym leader in sinnoh.

Here's something else: Why hasn't Giovanni fired Jessie and James yet? They SHOULD be after how badly they're performing in their job. -_-''

Probably. In one episode where they were at some kind of festival, Ash and Misty were eating fried Magikarp.

But Magikarp is supposed to be made out of mostly bone. Remember in the episode where James buys a Magikarp and tries to eat it? He can even make a bite mark in it.

I always thought it was weird when in the episode where Ash and Co. are on the S. S. Anne and Ash trades his Butterfree for a Raticate. They use the fany trading machine even though the guy trading with him was right next to him.

But Magikarp is supposed to be made out of mostly bone. Remember in the episode where James buys a Magikarp and tries to eat it? He can even make a bite mark in it.

I thought it was incredibly hard scales.

I always thought it was weird when in the episode where Ash and Co. are on the S. S. Anne and Ash trades his Butterfree for a Raticate. They use the fany trading machine even though the guy trading with him was right next to him.

Maybe its because the pokemon have to be transferred in some special way so that they would recognize their new trainers, and not be confused as to where their original owner went to.

Or w/e. Look at me...trying to come up with reasons behind pokemon things :P

SS Anne, ah yes, how did those pokemon manage to multiply like they did? That never made sense to me...
Also, if James has these rich relatives, why does he work for team rocket when he could be living the life of luxury?
Also, Jesse and James really should consider training their pokemon.

About the SS Anne, I think that all the trainers sent out all their Pikachu's, etc, and that Team Rocket is too lazy to train.

I can't think of a reason for James, though.

hat i'd like to know is, how in that one episode, pikachu defeated onyx with thunderbolt. yeah, the sprinklers "conducted the water", but come on. o_o it's still a ROCK...

There have been a few instances of this. For example, when Ash fought Jessie and James when they became the Viridian gym leaders for a day, Pikachu took out a Rhydon. Also, it's not the fact it's a rock that makes this weird. In the games, electricity does normal damage to Rock types, it's the fact it's a Ground type that's strange. Then again, rocks aren't great conductors of electricity so... I guess the games and show are a bit odd.

Did anyone else notice the fish in one of the cerulean gym episodes? Those aren't exactly consistent with the 'only pokemon, no animals' rule that the pokemon handbook established.

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure I've seen a Pidgey eating a worm, not a Caterpie or something. So they do make occasional references to real animals. DUN DUN DUH...

SS Anne, ah yes, how did those pokemon manage to multiply like they did? That never made sense to me...
Also, if James has these rich relatives, why does he work for team rocket when he could be living the life of luxury?
Also, Jesse and James really should consider training their pokemon.

His parents tried to force him into a marriage with a woman he did not love. She was quite the bitch too.

That goes against some things, oddly enough..... Thought it was usually women who were forced to marry....

That goes against some things, oddly enough..... Thought it was usually women who were forced to marry....

In "Drawn Together" the pikachu knock-off was forced to marry a cat chick.

fortunately, she was attractive enough for him :P. You also have "coming to america" with Eddie Murphy who was forced to marry as well.

Tbh I haven't ever seen a case where the woman was forced to marry....unless it was a villain trying to force her into it :P

Back
Top Bottom