• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Thirty-six days.

Valerunner

Probably shouldn't be here.
Pronoun
She/her
Thirty-six days from now I will be moving into Aberystwyth University. :)

And how. On the way, I had to walk in the rain and I was so nervous I threw up. You can still find half a drumstick and some rice outside Llandaf train station. I went in, went straight for my results, and tentatively opened them.

Three D's.

Nothing could describe my feeling then. Aberystwyth asked for 240 points including the Welsh Bacc. My fallback/insurance choice, Trinity Saint David, asked for 200 and a B in Drama. I was predicted a BCD, so I didn't even believe those were my grades. Calmed down a bit and realized they were my grades. Went into the school's Clearing office, and the Head of Year said I wasn't in the Clearing list last time he checked. He tried checking, but can't because of the server traffic.

So we called up Aberystwyth to confirm my failure. The answer was basically "Why the hell are you calling? You're in. Wait for the e-mail to confirm your place."

I was absolutely ecstatic. Again, nothing could describe the feeling. My Drama teacher was there to support me, both in despair and celebration. She felt more of a mum than my mum ever did.

And here's the kicker: I didn't do an interview with them. I didn't audition. I completely failed to get their requirements. And I still got in.

Go me.

Back
Top Bottom