• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Tides Under Siege [OOC/Signups/Setup]

Re: Tides Under Siege

o3o he has an ability actually! just Water Absorb. I just moved the ability section to fit better.

I'm sure that will be me. (Wow, this is shaping up to be quite a Game Of Thrones, isn't it?).

So, Mai, will you be supporting Mendatt, supporting me, or making your on bid to the throne? And Lirris. I think we can come to an....arrangement.

If you could, could you cancel my reservation? I'm actually completely out of an idea for a charachter at the moment.

I'm sure that will be me. (Wow, this is shaping up to be quite a Game Of Thrones, isn't it?).

So, Mai, will you be supporting Mendatt, supporting me, or making your on bid to the throne? And Lirris. I think we can come to an....arrangement.

It is.

Beauty gave up on the throne fairly quickly for several reasons, one being that she's significantly younger than her brothers. She's working for Rafael (Mendatt) now, and is sort of scared of Angel because she's afraid of being deformed or ugly.

Name: Reiki
Species: Starmie
Occupation: Reiki was a nurse for the deceased king in the last few years before his death.
Allegiance: The Crown
Loyalty: She was very loyal to her patient, but she has no preference to either of the king’s sons.
Appearance: Appears as a regular starmie, but with somewhat of a pearlescent shimmer.
Personality: Reiki is a very caring soul, but she is very suspicious of potential enemies.
Background: Reiki was chosen to care for the king before he showed signs of mental deterioration. Reiki had fallen in love with the king, and after he died, she was heartbroken. However, she believes in several conspiracy theories, and since the monarch’s death, she has been doing a little “research” into his decline.
Extra Moves: Double Team
Ability: Natural Cure
Other: She possesses somewhat of a unique “healing energy” that she can use to slowly restore the health of those around her. The king was aware of this, and had hired her as his nurse for this reason. He called Reiki “His Gem”.

Name: Takida
Species: Carracosta
Occupation: A mercenary - a sabateour. She basically will do nearly any job, so long as the reward is sufficient
Allegiance: Her allegiance lies with whoever hires her out, and will switch at a moment's notice.
Loyalty: In the end, to herself.
Appearance: She looks like the usual Carracosta, but has the distinctive note of having sickly yellow skin as opposed to blue, and her shell is a dark green.
Personality: She doesn't usually look at you even once if she thinks that whatever business you have with her isn't worth her time. She puts herself first, and doesn't hesitate to abandon someone in need if it would mean that she would suffer with them. She has a big "cut the crap" attitude on life, and has been known to end a conversation with a scathing remark if she feels that she's wasting her time.
Background: Takida came from one of the families that suffered from the reign of the mad king, and it cast her out into the "slums" of this kingdom. Now obviously, this sudden movement from what she considered a decent life to the bottom of the proverbial barrel gave her a deep grudge against the kingdom. This happened when she was in her mid-teens, so she had plenty of time to see just how badly the concept of "allegiances" was destroying the kingdom. And that's when she got the idea: if these constant rain of "allegiances" were what were tearing down the kingdom, then what better way to speed up the kingdom's fall than to constantly change allegiances? That was around she began this crusade of flipping sides - her 20th year. At first, there was a time when her inability to stay on a side made her someone to be avoided like the plague, and her chances of this scheme weren't going to be good. That is, until one of the lower-ranked nobles realized that her abilities were in fact a huge asset. She used this noble as a foothold - a stepping stone to gain favor with that noble's side. She used it as a chance to show that she could cause damage. That's what gained the attention of another noble, and that was when her odyssey of changing sides began
Extra Moves: Stone Edge, Iron Defense
Ability: Solid Rock
Other: I'm sure I'll think of something, but nothing for now

Reserve, will finish after I get Mad MOAI's permission.

EDIT: FINISHED

Name: Jesseama 'Jessie'
Species: Dewott
Allegiance: Angel
Loyalty: Rafael

Appearance: Jessie appears to be a normal Dewott. She does however wear a red rubber bracelet around her left wrist that says 'Center Stage' that she found drifting down through the water. She suspects that it was made by humans and dropped a long time ago.

Personality: Jesseama is a dedicated and artistic young Pokemon, loving to take in information and such. She falls for tricks easily and is too trusting. She has a lust for learning and history, always wanting to soak up new information and whatnot. She specifically likes learning about her own ancestors and the line of royalty. Her hobby is art, though, and she enjoys painting (with waterproof, of course) and setting up designs with shells.

Background: Jesseama was the daughter of a Dewgong and a Samurott, and lived a happy life with her brother Mikmas. That was, until her father died. Jomas the Dewgong decided that he wanted more in life, that he wanted to see the world outside of the kingdom. He left one morning, vowing to come back. That he was just going to take a quick trip to the surface to see what it was like. A week went by, and he was still gone. When they found the body, it was torn to shreds by the propeller of a passing boat, and not a pretty sight.

Jessie's mother started to lose her sanity. Nelle the Samurott started hiding away, praying to the gods that she would find a way to be happy again. Jessie and Mikmas found her trying to kill herself, trying to gouge her arm with her own horn. Mikmas couldn't take it anymore. He left when he was still an Oshawott, and Jessie hasn't seen him since. Jessie tried to stay with her mother, but started to realize that she just couldn't deal with the pressure and being in constant fear anymore. She left as well, though still checks in on her mother from time to time.

She met Tur when she was still an Oshawott, and automatically fell in love. Not with him, but with history. She started exploring everything she could, going through old records of royal lineage and history, and even checking on her own ancestry. She asked to be his apprentice and take over when he passed, even if that was a long time from now, and he accepted.

When the brothers first started feuding, Jessie decided to take Angel's side. She felt bad for him, and did it out of pity. After all, he was the disfigured and ugly brother, rivaling Rafael's beauty. And obviously the unloved one. She couldn't just stand back and watch him get hurt. Besides, behind all the scars and the attitude, she saw a potential mate. That would be nice, wouldn't it? Being a queen, if Angel did win the feud. Then she saw her mistake.

She had finally gotten close to the Kingdra when she realized that she didn't fancy him at all. And she started noticing that she didn't like him as much as his brother. Rafael was nicer, prettier, and just seemed more suitable. But she had already gotten herself into the mess. She would try and ease her way away from Angel and then side with Rafael.

Extra Moves: Brine, Ice Beam
Ability: Shell Armor
Other: derp derp otters

Last edited:
Name: Dawn Else
Species: Dragonair
Allegiance: Royalty
Loyalty: Claudio, She believes he is true hier to the royal throne and believes she is now loyal to him since the king is gone.
Appearance: shiny Dragonair
Personality: sweet and innocent but has a loyalty to the king
Background: Raised as a young dratini into a tough life she was raised strong. She has lost almost all emotions except anger and on occation happiness. She is a slippery girl and can get what she needs and as she wants it. She was trained to be a private bounty hunter to only the king as her father was, to eliminate any potential threat. She was trained to be silent and make some deaths seem like accidents.
Extra Moves: Extreme Speed, and Draco meteor
Ability: Shed Skin
Other: 1) she will never evolve, 2) can she learn sheer cold later on?

Last edited:
Name: Dawn Else
Species: Milotic
Allegiance: No true allegiance but wants to eventually join one.
Loyalty: Who ever pays the most
Appearance: shiny milotic
Personality: sweet and innocent on the outside but a ruthless, merciless killer on the inside
Background:
Extra Moves: Dragonbreath, Dragon pulse, hypnosis. (if allowed mind reader and sheer cold)
Ability: cute charm (hidden)
Other: She is gonna start as a bounty hunter but may later find a love intrest and join that Allegiance.

Unless I'm mistaken... Which I may be, although I am attempting to only mention rules said in the main post or extremely obvious... This needs much more fleshing out and several things need fixed. Might want to work on that.
Unless you're royalty, I don't think you get extra dragon moves, (As explained about three times so far,) so Dragonbreath isn't a move that she would have. You also entirely left out the background part.

Last edited:
Mendatt has it straight. Finish your form, and please explain everything.

An aside, more mercenaries than I thought there would be. Do you folks have some sort of disdain for monarchies?

Back
Top Bottom