• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Torchwood Mafia: Season of Angels [Day 6]

Phantom

Uh, I didn't do it.
Torchwood_Logo.jpg

SEASON OF ANGELS

OPENING CASE FILE - - - > WELCOME user1

Two nights ago Torchwood found something new that had fallen from the Rift. A small purple colored box with strange letters. They tried to open it, or to understand the writing, but couldn't. The box simply wouldn't budge. Until today.

Jack and Gwen had finally reached the front gate. It was one of those old gates, it stood maybe seven? Eight feet tall? Jack shook the lock, it was solid. Gwen zipped up her jacket, the early morning was cold, "So, now what?"

"This," Jack smiled as he kicked the lock, and the gates opened with a creak, "See? Now come on." Gwen gave a bit of a smile as she followed her boss up the drive.

There it was, Wester Drumlins, it was a creepy old house. Long since abandoned. The paint was nearly gone, and most of the windows were broken. Some of the grass was halfway up the first floor windows. Jack knocked on the front door, and when there was no response he entered, Gwen followed.

It looked like whoever had lived here just left, furniture lay as it had, for decades, covered by plastic sheets. The leftovers of a time long since gone. The floor creaked and moaned with each step.

"What happened here exactly?" Gwen said as her eyes adjusted to the light.

"Two boys came in here three days ago, they wanted to explore the big scary empty house, " Jack looked grim, "One of them disappeared, just gone. This has been happening over the last few years. People come, and just are gone. No traces."

Gwen looked a little worried, "What do you think is taking them?

"I intend to find that out."

Jack went to the left, towards what must have once been the sitting room. There was the entrance to the patio and beyond that the garden. But Jack wasn't paying attention to the garden... He as staring at the wall. There in large letters, worn over by time, was a message. Jack stepped over the chandelier in the middle of the room and read the warning, "BEWARE THE WEEPING ANGEL" he read, "OH, AND DUCK, REALLY SALLY SPARROW DUCK NOW." Then he got to the bottom, "Love from the Doctor, 1969."

"The Doctor? It can't be your Doctor? Could it?"

"I don't know," Jack put on his serious face, "'The Weeping Angels'?" Jack pulled out his cell phone, and turned on his bluetooth, "Tosh, I need you to look up something, something called the 'Weeping Angels.'"

"So what have we got on these "Weeping Angels"?" Jack said crossing his arms. Owen was leaning back in his chair with an absolute look of boredom on his face.

Tosh appeared from behind a mountain of papers, "Hardly anything, just more reports from the house. But I also have this," she handed Jack a picture.

"So this is the "Weeping Angel?" It's just a statue?

Tosh nodded, "It was taken at the house three days ago, by one of the boys. Didn't you see it?"

"No, there were no statues in the garden or around the house. What about the purple box?" Jack said, placing the photo down.

"Here," Owen somehow produced a small purple box the size of a rubix cube and placed it on the table.

Jack picked it up, tossing it from hand to hand, "So no luck yet?" There was no response from the group, "I guess we'll have to fig-" Jack was interuppted by a bright purple light that was shining from the box... and everything went black.

Everyone awoke in their beds.... wait, that's not me? WHAT THE HELL???

All role PMs have been sent.
48 Hours for night actions.

The image of an Angel, is an Angel.

Now there is one secret role, I'm not telling... could be anything. Or anyone...

There are a few rules I want to get out.

1. I HATE INACTIVITY. It ruins games. If you do not send in your regular night action for two nights, or do not post every day phase, you will be modkilled.
2. No communication outside the thread.
3. Not a rule, more of a tip. Use your actions. I give them to you to help you. Use them, don't waste them.
4. This game is meant to be fast paced. The group may only abstain once.
5. Have fun.
6. Mafia actions not sent in will not happen.

WINNING SPECIFICATIONS:

Mafia:
-Jack only innocent alive.
-All innocents dead.

Innocents:
-All mafia dead
-Jack is the last man standing.

Alien:
-John Hart will become activated once selected to be killed by mafia. It chosen to be lynched while activated John Hart will win.

* Wonders how many people actually read the rules.

Also sleeper agent can be activated by the mafia at any time. This player is innocent until activated and is unaware of their potential to become mafia. Once activated they retain their role and night action (if they had one) and are mafia aligned.

Last edited:
Re: Torchwood Mafia: Season of Angels

SORRY FOR THE DELAY!

ALL ACTIONS ARE IN!

Thing is, did you know, by chance, that water plus handwritten notes is a very bad combination? I've had to rewrite... EVERYTHING! So, in honor of that things should be up tomorrow. Hopefully, kinda, not likely, BUT I WILL TRY!!

Feel free to attack me, I deserve it, last time I keep a water bottle in my bag for sure... So go ahead, I deserve the pain!! GRRR!

*runs away and hides under cardboard box*

Re: Torchwood Mafia: Season of Angels [Alien Win]

BEGIN OPERATIONS ...

All of UNIT was in a uproar. Torchwood had gone silent, and had been silent for three days. Their last mission logs were sketchy at best and they had no leads to where the team of Torchwood 3 was. UNIT had sent a group to investigate the Torchwood hub in Cardiff, but they found it in total lockdown, and were unable to access the base.

The Hub was silent... Well not really there was the fact of a screaming flying dinosaur that needed it's breakfast, but that's not important.

Three days ago they were investigating the Wester Drumlins case along with the artifact that they had found that had falled through the rift.

He dreamed of Angels. That statue they found in abandoned house... he couldn't, he couldn't look away, he was terrified. He thought if he stopped staring, if he even blinked he'd be dead. His eyes burned, he fought so hard, but he couldn't stare any longer, just one blink, one. He blinked-

Owen woke up, first thing he noticed was that he was in a bed, second he wasn't in the Hub anymore, thirdly he wasn't wearing any pants. With a groan he sat up and placed his feet on the cold hardwood floor. Hardwood floors? Owen rubbed the sleep from his eyes, he heard the sound of someone walking up some stairs, maybe from outside? "Gwen?" he said, then he grabbed his throat, that was not his voice! He looked down, once his eyes focused he saw that he was wearing Spongebob Squarepants boxers. There was another knock at the door, "Tosh? Is this some sort of-?"

"Tosh? Blazes boy are you dense in the mornings, you know that? Who the hell is Tosh?" said a woman's voice outside his door.

Owen shook his head, "My friend, I think." He looked around the room, a bedroom obviously, but it looked like a teenagers, there were clothes thrown about the room, and a backback full of books on the desk.

Whoever it was outside his room scoffed, "Ha seventeen and still has imaginary friends? Anyways, James you need to get ready for school."

James? Imaginary friends? School? What the hell? "What the hell are you talking about?"

The door flew open, and a woman dressed in a pink robe donning a full head of curlers stood in the doorframe, "EXCUSE ME?" Owen was frozen where he stood by the desk. "EXCUSE ME? NOW JAMES PAUL LANNISTER YOU GET READY AND WALK YOUR LITTLE UNGRATEFUL ASS TO SCHOOL!!!" Perplexed he just stood there, "ON THE DOUBLE!" and she slammed the door.

His heart pounding he noticed the mirror behind the door, Owen walked up to it and did a double take. Staring back at him was the face of a teenager. The teen had black short hair, still a bit of a bed head, and green eyes. Was a bit on the skinny side, but not too much. Owen moved his right hand, so did the boy. What the hell? The boy moved as he did, each movement.

Owen paced the room, hands ruffling his, or James', whoever's, hair. What did he remember. They were all in the Hub, having a meeting, he had that purple box... The box? Did it do this? He needed to find the others. Quickly he picked up some clothes from the floor and got dressed and headed out. It was a nice house, he headed downstairs where he heard the sound of people. He found that same woman cooking breakfast and a man sitting at the table watching the morning news from the other room. Owen took a seat at the table.

The man looked at him, "'Bout time eh?"

Owen mumbled a response and looked at the television a news lady with big hair and too much makeup was giving the local news, "in Cardiff today authorities found that two people had been murdered, one man, who could not be recognized and a another who's name has not yet been released. The only information that the local authorities would share was that the one of the victims' necks had been broken, the other victim was shot in the head, presumably with a pistol most likely a revolver. Authorties claim that they have no leads and are pending investigation. If you have any information on these victims or the killer please contact your local authorities at-"

The man across the table grunted, "This world's going to shit," he looked at Owen, "James aren't you supposed to be somewhere?"

Owen decided it was best to keep up the act, "Ah, right," he headed toward the front door waving goodbye to someone else's parents.

Sadly I think I will be skipping school today. I need to get to the hub.

USER Squirrel HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM DATABASE AND OPERATIONS LOG....
USER Maniac Panic HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM DATABASE AND OPERATIONS LOG...

48 hours for discussion or until majority vote.

Last edited:
Re: Torchwood Mafia: Season of Angels [Day 1]

Huh. Maybe this comes of not watching enough of the new seasons, but I have no idea what's going on in most of the flavortext...

In any event, it appears that either Squirrel or Maniac Panic was Ianto, and Jack killed the other in revenge (neck snapping being indicative of Angels, and gunshot implying Harkness). Based on order, I'm going to go out on a limb and say Squirrel was Ianto. Not that it matters much at this point.

Hurm I think in all honestly it's too early to say anything at this point.

Though I do agree with ole schooler that it is possible that one of the dead was Ianto

Not a bad guess there, have any connection with it?

Last edited:

I think I agree; so Squirrel was Ianto and Jack happened to pick Maniac Panic for his target. There goes our coffee. D:

But anyway, I don't think we have many leads..

END TIME HAS BEEN EXTENDED---> begin EXTENSION PROTOCOL R7376890

Remember inactivity will result in a modkill. If you do not post each day phase or send me a message or post in the absence thread you will be modkilled. Inactivity ruins games.

FIGHT INACTIVITY!

Last edited:

HEY GUYS.

I am Gwen, the inspector. I got my result sort of late, but I inspected Dannichu and got back mafia. So I vote Dannichu.

HEY GUYS.

I am Gwen, the inspector. I got my result sort of late, but I inspected Dannichu and got back mafia. So I vote Dannichu.

If it's not Dannichu, we can vote for Seritinajii in the morning.

Yes, Dannichu. Interesting, though slightly bizarre filler or not-so-filler text.

Ah! I haven't been able to post because I've had no internet access for almost a week... I am quite glad the day is still running :D;

Okaaay I guess Dannichu then! It's always nice to get a mafia inspection in the first night.

My apologies, my grandmother is dying and I haven't been online in a while. I will post when I can. No more votes at this time.

DAY ONE SITUATION RESOLVED--->

Owen walked a brisk pace as he headed towards the Hub. When he got there he looked around. Surely if the others were in a situation like his this was the first place they'd go right? As he walked around he noticed that there was quite a lot of gravel around, it hadn't been like that before. It's like someone broke a statue on the sidewalk. He kicked one of the rocks, a little too hard, stubbed his toe. Owen hopped for a moment, cursing under his breath. Then he felt that feeling as though he were being watched, he looked up. He saw a pretty blonde woman, in maybe her early twenties across the lot. She walked up to him, "Er, nice day isn't it?" she said, her voice was like bells.

"Uh, yeah, I guess," he said stealing another glance at her she looked so familiar, "Do I, ah, know you?"

She raised an eyebrow, "I don't know... do I know you?"

Owen shoved his hands in his pockets and sat on the curb, "I don't know."

Awkward silence, "What's your name?"

"O-er- James-uh- Lannister. You?" he didn't trust her with his real name. He wasn't sure why.

She looked close to tears, "I-I think... I don't know! I think it's Gwen.... Gwen Cooper?"

FILE ON SUBJECT Dannichu SAVED TO DATABASE
HOLD OPERATIONS FOR SYSTEM UPDATE .....
---> ESTIMATED TIME: 48 HOURS

WARNING! For those who did not post this day phase (by the way you had waaay more than enough time) and do not post Day 2 WILL BE MODKILLED!

Last edited:
Re: Torchwood Mafia: Season of Angels [Night 1]

END TIME REACHED --->

Owen stared at this girl who said she was Gwen, she didn't look anything like the Gwen he remembered, she returned his stare two fold, "Your name's Gwen?"

"Yes, it is?" she said a little over politely.

"So what do you do Gwen?"

"Oh I don't know, standing. Nothing, what about..." she didn't finish her sentence, instead she stared off around the block.

Owen stared in the direction as well, he didn't see anything, "What are you looking at?"

She shook her head, "I thought I saw someone... I... forget it."
That look in her eye, like she wanted to go check out to make sure there wasn't someone around the corner, that's when he knew it was really her."

"Gwen?"

She looked at him like he was a bug, "Yes?"

He changed his mind, "Forget it."

NO PERSONEL HAVE BEEN REMOVED FROM THE DATABASE AT THIS TIME BEGIN OPERATIONS FOR DAY TWO.....
---> ESTIMATED TIME: 48 HOURS OR UNTIL SITUATION RESOLVED

Last edited:
Re: Torchwood Mafia: Season of Angels [Day 2]

Alright, I inspected 8-Bit Paladin and got an innocent result. Great!

Soo, no deaths today! I think most probably, I was targeted and healed. Or the mafia is inactive, since Phantom did post a large warning about inactivity.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom