• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Blaguarro Town Town Hall

Even though Reno had muttered to himself, Steven still shook his head in response. "I wish I knew. If anything, why did they not appear when we were asking around about the Wandering Light? And fighting Cipher?"

His expression grew strained at Reno's theory.

"That's probably for the best," Steven admitted. "If it's truly following us, maybe it's better if we stay clear of Blaguarro for the time being. At least until things calm down."

He glanced again at what was left of the watchtower, pensive.

"I'll notify Anite of what happened. And maybe put in a good word that you should probably be back on night watch sooner, rather than later. You know what to look out for more than anyone else."

"Ain't allowed 'till I'm cured. I'm already exhaustin' myself just tryna keep it together," Reno sighed. "Add the stress of keepin' nightwatch and I won't be myself for very long. Still, I appreciate the thought."

Reno began making his way back into the Town Hall, closing his eyes again. "Could've been this Cipher thing that finally got yer name out for the rest of the continent to hear," he theorised in response to Steven's question. "Or at least was the thing that proved to them that the talk about you lot ain't all hot air." He shrugged. "Whatever it is, I'll be sure to let ya know if I see the bastard around. Or at least get Mav or Anite to tell ya for me. Until then, you better get to work on making that cure accessible, ya hear?"

A look of sympathy crossed Steven's features at Reno's admission, but he quickly banished it. The Noctowl seemed to be like most of the citizens of Blaguarro: steadfast and determined to keep going no matter the hardship. Tenacity like that didn't want pity.

"We'll get you back in action soon," he said, hovering alongside Reno back towards the Hall. Reno couldn't see, but he raised a hand, claws clenched to a determined fist. "When we figure out a breakthrough with the cure, you'll be the first to hear."

It was a promise to Reno, but also a challenge to himself. They couldn't close the book on what Cipher had done if their victims were still left to suffer. Steven left a lingering gaze in the direction of the now-buried Terminal Two. He would make sure Cipher's mark on this town was erased for good. Otherwise, could they really claim to be worthy of being summoned to this world?

<><><><><><>​

Back
Top Bottom