• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Trainer Class Pokéchoice Mafia - Game Thread

Re: Trainer Class Pokéchoice Mafia - Game Thread

Hmm. Well, okay. Let's see, what were my other thoughts...

Could you elaborate (if your role PM even told you), what you meant by "protect"? Like, is it just the usual healing thing, or is it more like roleblocking the three specific players if and only if they target your target?

I'm wondering because if it's not actually just a regular heal, that might help us figure out what the mafia could be doing behind the scenes, because we haven't heard anything about just plain doctors in this game so far.
The latter option. But once I use it once, I can only choose two people to roleblock and then once I use it twice, I can only choose one for the rest of the game.

Hmm. I hardly want to ask people to speak up if they do have some sort of regular healing role, because if someone does, we don't really want them claiming. I guess. I don't know, man, we do seem to be lacking regular healing roles but looking back maybe not as many people have claimed as I thought. I've sort of forgotten.

Somebody else tell me what to think... :D

If someone does have an unlimited healing role and wants to use it, I can cover them with my night action.

Oh, I forgot about that. With the way things are going, I think I'm less loathe to say this, then...

Apparently each night I can choose somebody to take on a spiritual experience and find Jesus and remove evil temptations from their hearts or something. Apparently I do not actually know what that does. I originally thought it was an innocent recruiting role, but then there'd be no need to be so vague about the description, so I started wondering if it was some sort of anti-cult thing or a flavor twist on the firefighter role.

Um, given all the possibilities of what could actually be happening when I introduce people to Jesus, I hope it's okay if I don't disclose who I targeted last last night. (As you may remember, the very first night I forget my action.) pls to save me from evil temptations, o mirror lord Superbird

So uh, that said, I'm not really expecting any lone mafia-induced deaths anytime soon.

(Adding on to that, if Superbird duplicated my power and used it on somebody else we could be potentially saving two people each night, but once I lose my power Superbird does as well, so that's not exactly a very good risk to take.)

Welp, I guess that explains why I didn't hear anything after getting targeted, since I'm not mafia or cult or what have. I'm kind of disappointed I didn't get a silly-confusing "spiritual experience" flavor PM out of it, though.

tbh I'm a little leery about going all-in on using that action, though. I mean, you don't actually know what it does. Maybe it would save people from cultified or set on fire or whatever, or maybe it's actually along the lines of a cult recruitment itself and after night five everyone you hit with it gets raptured or something. It seems like, if it were an unambiguously positive thing or simply an innocent recruiter/converter role it would, as you said, say that explicitly. It seems likely that there's something more complicated going on. I mean, I think you should go ahead and keep using it because it's lame to not use your power unless you know it has some detrimental effect, but maybe we should be cautious before using Superbird to copy it and hit as many people as possible.

Unless there's someone who thinks they know what the power might be referring to/has already been tempted or whatever. Fess up, guys: Who needs Jesus?

And also, who should we lynch? I don't really want to be the bad guy, but I do think we ought to lynch today, so if no one offers up any firm suggestions or objections, I'm going to just pull out the randomizer and let fate decide.

VM hasn't exactly gotten me convinced. Traveling hasn't stopped him from talking in the other game... actual vanilla mafia, I think. (then again blah blah nothing going on maybe that's enough to explain it, ugh)

One more (extremely meta) thing. The spiritual experience thing is my only power, but my role PM said I could only use it as long as I didn't use any other powers. (Actually, there was a typo in it, and the reply I sent to MF the first night causing me to think I'd sent in an action was noting that he'd said that as long as I didn't use any powers, I could use my power. In his reply he wondered if I was the only one who'd gotten that typo - meaning that other people had the same clause.) So there are (most likely) ways that people could possibly gain powers in addition to their own - a kill power, for instance, i.e. evil badness conversion? Skill Swap was a little in this vein, but so far we haven't heard of any inventors or other roles that hand out powers.

I think I would enjoy a spiritual experience of my own tonight, if Superbird saw it as a good use of his power. (to best keep the evil bad guys guessing, maybe don't tell us if you're actually going to do that or not.)

Oh yeah, (I swear I'm going to sleep right after this), I also wanted to note that my move is Haze. I assume MF tried his best to have the flavor fit in with the roles, so maybe the reset-to-neutral thing is relevant?

Idk spiritual Jesus journey. WMG: "Haze" = are there stat boosting moves, maybe? roleblocks the target because, you know, their night was kinda taken up by removing evil temptations. Surrounds target in a "haze" that prevents some/all actions from working? (some = mafia, maybe, because evil temptations uh.)

About lynching... Inactive lynching; pros: Less damage to town if target is town, cons: Less damage to mafia if target is mafia. Suspicion lynching; pros: Higher chance of being mafia than randylynch, cons: actually needs suspicion to work, and we don't have a lot of suspicious people right now. Randylynching; pros: Could potentially hurt mafia a lot, cons: Could potentially hurt town a lot; though neither is as much in this game where it seems everyone has coo powers and all.

Oookay that saving from evil temptations thing really sounds like a counter-cultist thing. (I mean, evil temptations.) I'm not really convinced of the argument it might be recruitment - I don't think that matches the actual flavor (like, the letting someone find Jesus part does, but if that's described as removing evil temptations from their heart, I'm pretty sure that's the real clue as to what it means). Maybe killblocking, I guess?

As for voting, I agree we should lynch somebody. Kind of reluctant about doing it at random, though, so given VM is both inactive and somewhat suspicious I think I'll vote for him unless a better suggestion comes up.

Idk spiritual Jesus journey. WMG: "Haze" = are there stat boosting moves, maybe? roleblocks the target because, you know, their night was kinda taken up by removing evil temptations. Surrounds target in a "haze" that prevents some/all actions from working? (some = mafia, maybe, because evil temptations uh.)

I doubt my power is actually just roleblocking, because then there'd be no reason to be so vague about it. I'm guessing it's because revealing exactly what my role does would inform me of some game mechanic that's supposed to be secret.

I am quite cool with voting for VM, though I do hope he gets to speak up for himself before we have a sudden ending of the day.

Oookay that saving from evil temptations thing really sounds like a counter-cultist thing. (I mean, evil temptations.) I'm not really convinced of the argument it might be recruitment - I don't think that matches the actual flavor (like, the letting someone find Jesus part does, but if that's described as removing evil temptations from their heart, I'm pretty sure that's the real clue as to what it means). Maybe killblocking, I guess?

As for voting, I agree we should lynch somebody. Kind of reluctant about doing it at random, though, so given VM is both inactive and somewhat suspicious I think I'll vote for him unless a better suggestion comes up.

Too lazy to really write up my thoughts on the matter, but yeah, basically exactly what Butterfree said. Maybe the ambiguity is because we have a cult/cultafia instead of the traditional mafia, and we weren't supposed to know that (and there are therefore more killpowers than usual around to make up for it, maybe). I'm all for doubling down on it, actually.

VM works for me. Not precisely a convincing excuse there.

Um, given all the possibilities of what could actually be happening when I introduce people to Jesus, I hope it's okay if I don't disclose who I targeted last last night. (As you may remember, the very first night I forget my action.) pls to save me from evil temptations, o mirror lord Superbird

(Emphasis mine.) But, ah...

What... do you want to hear, exactly? Yes, I targeted Negrek last night. Huzzah? A bunch of random people targeted a bunch of random people last night, and I was one of them?

Oh, and whoops, almost forgot, another rumour started circulating.

Eifie was totally going towards Negrek last night! Isn't it weird?

Actually very inclined to believe Eifie's claim, since I'm guessing that wouldn't be the first fakeclaim to come to mind, but that and the sudden change of heart with regards to infoclaims with Superbird's reminder seems... kind of odd? Shrugs.

Also suggestion for Superbird to 50/50 between using Eifie's action on Eifie and using Eifie's action on himself. Because, charging forward with the assumption that it's anti-cult, we don't want our anti-culters to be culted.

I said last last night. As in, the night before I targeted Negrek. And it was hardly helpful for me to claim when there was a very strong chance of my personal connection with Jesus being severed pronto after.

VM's as good as anyone at this point, I suppose.

An ancient truism guided the townsfolk that morning: when in doubt, mess with the closest nerd.

A small clique cornered Visitor Message, asking about why he'd go missing from time to time and what the hell he was up to in the attic, where people occasionally saw him. "I wass, uh, on a tourisstic vacation! Got to sse the ssightss from a high point! Now will you pleasse leave me alone?"

After wiping the shotgun blast of spit off their respective faces, the gang continued to press him. "That's the flimsiest excuse I've ever heard", one of them said. "You're definitely up to no good." "Get ready for the beating of your lifetime." "Call it a lynch if you want to."

"Ssee, you guyss don't undersstand. Ass ussual." VM stopped to snicker at how one of those words came out, then cleared his throat loudly and continued. "I don't care about your ssilly 'Mafia' game. I never wanted nothing about that. I only care about two thingss: D&D, and-"

He never managed to speak of whatever the latter was. The former was enough cue for the rocket wedgie, and that was just the beginning of the procedures.

Super Nerd Visitor Message was defeated! He was neither Innocent nor Mafia.

48 hours for night actions.

When the sun rose, some early birds opened their windows to gaze at the skies that slowly turned blue, but instead, their eyes were called towards something else.

The grass was littered with red -- Pokéballs, bloodstains, and a large red cape. The unthinkable happened: Juggler Light dropped his balls.

The news spread quickly. Those who had witnessed it were shaken stiff, but those who first learned of it from hearsay were actually quite relieved. It was no mountain of mass death, but at least something was happening. It was back to business as usual, for them.

These two kinds of people were locked in fierce mutual misunderstanding.

Juggler Light was defeated! He was innocent.

48 hours for discussion.

Looks like mafia's actually doing something. :(

The news spread quickly. Those who had witnessed it were shaken stiff, but those who first learned of it from hearsay were actually quite relieved. It was no mountain of mass death, but at least something was happening. It was back to business as usual, for them.

These two kinds of people were locked in fierce mutual misunderstanding.

I have no idea what this means? idk flavor either. Also since no rumor, theory = rumor is active power of person who can only use it every other night. Also also have list since it's been a while

Mai: XY Mysterious Sisters + Gardevoir. n0, targeted Light, who knows what she did and says "no reason to believe she's mafia" - was revealed that this was her using Skill Swap, which trades itself for a power of the target; the move she received didn't raise red flags, which was accurate as Light was revealed to be mafia.
hopeandjoy: Male XY Psychic + Reuniclus. Has an limited (limit increases every use) form of protection, that only protects someone from the actions of 3 people (number goes down after every use, which is why she's been reluctant to use it).
Light: RBY Juggler (unfortunately not poke floats) + Mr. Mime. Received Skill Swap from Mai n0, unknown if he passed it on. dropped his ballsDied a bloody death in a grassy area with his balls and cape, n3. Maybe has a vig action because of this, Wargle, shenanigans (see Wargle entry for more).
Alligates: BW Twins + Plusle and Minun. Uproar reveals everyone who targeted her in that night.
Zexion: RSE Bug Maniac. Yay bugs. Hectic week ?-d2.
Superbird: Male HGSS Bird Keeper. Mirror Move copies a player's action and uses it on another player. n0, copied Flora's action on Flora. (Unknown if this actually did anything.)
Flora: XY Lass, conquering the world from the shadows one miniskirt at a time... maybe.
Wargle: Female XY Swimmer + Slowpoke. Latter "too stupid for a night action." ...this is not quite true, as Light Skill Swapped for her action Curse n1, Curse being a vigilante action with a 50% chance of success (3/4 if she reveals herself, 1/4 if something else) that she claims can only be used when she's dead. Accidentally lynched by Light's single vote d1, oops - innocent anyway, which means Light probably now has a probably 50% vig action. Cool!
DarkAura: Female DPP Skier + Abomasnow. Block is a vanilla bodyguarding action, while her other move is 'more interesting'. Neither has much effect since she hasn't been on since a week ago.
Zero Moment: FRLG Crush Kin. Nothing of note, yet.
RespectTheBlade: DPP Guitarist. Nothing of note, yet.
Negrek: BW Roughneck. Led on a ~spiritual journey~ by Eifie n2.
Butterfree: RSE Battle Girl. Nothing of note, except that I somehow skipped her - sorry Butterfree! Also has been the quietest of us, going by post count.
Eifie: GS Medium + ghost that can use Haze, I guess? Night action, or at least one of them: Haze is a Vague spiritual journey action, target meets Jesus and is cleansed of evil temptations, whatever that means. Forgot night action n0. Targeted someone, but not saying who, n1. Targeted Negrek n2.
Visitor Message: RBY Super Nerd. Dead in bandwagon-nerdswamping d2. Neither innocent nor mafia.

Unknown: Someone is spreading rumors about people targeting other people, every other day. They're formatted "person was totally going towards otherperson last night! Isn't it weird?" ... Wild mass guessing lends itself to "supercombo of death", "cultafia", "spiritual Jesus journey"

Back
Top Bottom