• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Trainer Class Pokéchoice Mafia - Game Thread

Re: Trainer Class Pokéchoice Mafia - Game Thread

My Pokemon are Volbeat and Illumise and I have a watcher-like role. I've watched Negrek twice and and Eifie and Superbird once apiece.

I know that Negrek has a Pokemon capable of Low Kick, which, if I understand correctly, Neg used on N0. Night two, when Neg went on the spiritual journey, I was able to see a Gastly near neg. Superbird did nothing when I watched him and I was told I couldn't see anything out of what Eifie did.
...huh. Well, Low Kick, being a damaging move, sounds like the killpower, and that would mean Negrek lied about never having used it, which sounds pretty damn scummy to me. I'm a little hesitant to shift my vote towards Negrek at this point because I still have three votes and Zexion two, but my suspicions are certainly shifting.

Whoops, forgot about the secondary powers question. I can also roleblock and have one more power I'd prefer not to reveal since it would benefit the mafia (I'll tell you if you really want me to, though, if it would help you be less suspicious).

Well, considering that we had our first night death last night and we've all been talking about a person with a killing action possibly being culted, vig-thing seems like a pretty baaad claim for mafia, etc. to make, so I think Butterfree seems okay for now. But how is it that she has three powers... man. (p.s., have you been roleblocking anyone?)

Zexion, can you elaborate a bit more about how your role works? Are you both a tracker and a watcher, since you've seen Negrek both targeting and being targeted? I assume you saw nothing about me since my move was Haze?

Low Kick tends not to be a very powerful move, does it? It doesn't sound very much like a killing move. I'm thinking Negrek's killing move is something else, unless Low Kick is some sort of situational killing move or something.

I... don't really want to lynch Butterfree or Zexion, and I think our time is going to be up before hearing from Negrek >:( Or shifting our votes. But if I change my vote to Flora, I believe that should bring the vote to 2 Zexion, 2 Butterfree, 1 Flora?

24-hour extension.

Make it count, the next one's gonna be a tiebreaker.

I can only kill on even-numbered nights and block on odd-numbered nights, so I blocked Superbird N1 and Zexion N3 but did nothing N0 and N2. Presumably my block is why Zexion didn't get a result last night, not Haze.

Come to think of it, my block move is Force Palm, so yeah, I guess Low Kick being something innocuous is plausible. Still would like to hear from Negrek about it, though.

In the meantime, since I think I buy Zexion's claim, I'm shifting my vote to Flora so as to keep the tie.

ugggh the move is low sweep, not low kick, but otherwise what Zexion says is accurate. My killing attack is hi jump kick, same as Butterfree's.

We can go Flora if we're going that way.

back to bed

ugggh the move is low sweep, not low kick, but otherwise what Zexion says is accurate.
Yea, I'm sorry about that.

I may as well join the bandwagon. Flora.

Any specific targets that I should use for my night action?

The mysterious death of Juggler Light awakens the Sherlock pretenses within the trainers in Town. However, nobody seems to be coming from the same premises. Discussing away, they never reach an entirely satisfactory solution, but do find a provisory measure to put in place, at least so that anything at all will be done.

Just about the whole lot of them storm the home of Flora, who hadn't been seen outside (or at least, so everyone claims) since the game had begun. Without even letting her give a chance to react or explain herself, she was pulled under by a stamping wave, feet of people and Pokémon alike catching her into the undertow and crushing her.

No sooner than they had finished their bloody business, however, the invading mob realized what Flora had really been up to all this time. An impressive collection of miniskirts took up about half of the space, just in the living room. Every corner of her home was practically flooded with all kinds of patterns, colors and styles.

Lass Flora was defeated! She was innocent.

48 hours for night actions.

A headcount sharp in the morning proves that all of the townies are still standing. Another eventless night, but the mystery of yesterday remained unsolved.

No one has died.

48 hours for discussion.

Hm.
I think I'm going to place my bets on a cult.
I hope they don't recruit every night, cause I think we'd be outnumbered by now. Does anyone have anything?

I can confirm that ZM did not use an inforole or a killing role last night, and I can confirm that hopeandjoy is innocent, under an entirely different justification that I've been instructed to keep secret.

Interesting how we don't have a rumour today. I'd wondered early on if Lass Flora might have been the one starting them.

Mai: XY Mysterious Sisters + Gardevoir. n0, targeted Light, who knows what she did and says "no reason to believe she's mafia" - was revealed that this was her using Skill Swap, which trades itself for a power of the target; the move she received didn't raise red flags, which was accurate as Light was revealed to be innocent.
hopeandjoy: Male XY Psychic + Reuniclus. Has an limited (limit increases every use) form of protection, that only protects someone from the actions of 3 people (number goes down after every use, which is why she's been reluctant to use it). According to Superbird, innocent.
Light: RBY Juggler (unfortunately not poke floats) + Mr. Mime. Received Skill Swap from Mai n0, unknown if he passed it on. dropped his ballsDied a bloody death in a grassy area with his balls and cape, n3. Maybe has a vig action because of this, Wargle, shenanigans (see Wargle entry for more).
Alligates: BW Twins + Plusle and Minun. Uproar reveals everyone who targeted her in that night.
Zexion: RSE Bug Maniac + Volbeat and Illumise. Yay bugs. Hectic week ?-d2. Has a tracking role, targeted N0: Neg, N1: Superbird, N2: Neg, N3: Eifie.
Superbird: Male HGSS Bird Keeper. Mirror Move copies a player's action and uses it on another player. n0, copied Flora's action on Flora. (Unknown if this actually did anything.) n4, presumably copied ZM's action on ZM; this was not an inspecting or killing action, unless ZM was also healed.
Flora: XY Lass, conquering the world from the shadows one miniskirt at a time... maybe. Revealed to be innocent upon lynch. Possibly spread the rumors?
Wargle: Female XY Swimmer + Slowpoke. Latter "too stupid for a night action." ...this is not quite true, as Light Skill Swapped for her action Curse n1, Curse being a vigilante action with a 50% chance of success (3/4 if she reveals herself, 1/4 if something else) that she claims can only be used when she's dead. Accidentally lynched by Light's single vote d1, oops - innocent anyway, which means Light probably now has a probably 50% vig action. Cool!
DarkAura: Female DPP Skier + Abomasnow. Block is a vanilla bodyguarding action, while her other move is 'more interesting'. Neither has much effect since she hasn't been on since a week ago.
Zero Moment: FRLG Crush Kin + Machoke. Nothing of note, yet.
RespectTheBlade: DPP Guitarist. Nothing of note, yet.
Negrek: BW Roughneck. Led on a spiritual journey by Eifie n2. Low Sweep does something. Has a killing action.
Butterfree: RSE Battle Girl + Meditite. Low Kick roleblocks.
Eifie: GS Medium + Gastly. Night action, or at least one of them: Haze is a Vague spiritual journey action, target meets Jesus and is cleansed of evil temptations, whatever that means. Forgot night action n0. Targeted someone, but not saying who, n1. Targeted Negrek n2. Spiritual journeyed n2 as well by Superbird.
Visitor Message: RBY Super Nerd. Dead in bandwagon-nerdswamping d2. Neither innocent nor mafia.

Mai
hopeandjoy - do you know anything about superbird's thing; if you do are you allowed to talk about it
Alligates
Zexion
Superbird
DarkAura (inactive)
Zero Moment
Negrek
RespectTheBlade - hasn't talked too much?
Butterfree
Eifie
ideas for what do today?

Living people whose roles we know nothing about: Zero Moment (besides what Superbird said), RtB.

I'd assumed yesterday, though now I don't know why I did, that Butterfree's and Negrek's roles were somewhat symmetric. (p.s., Butterfree has Force Palm, not Low Kick, and both of them have Hi Jump Kick for killing.) Now I've forgotten who could only so what on alternate nights. I guess I'll check up on that later.

So Negrek, now that I've sent you on yet another spiritual journey, do you still say that you haven't used your killing move and have nothing to do with Light's death?

Yes, Butterfree and I sound like we're set up very similarly, although afaict we only share our kill actions. I have one other action (low sweep), but it's not roleblocking.

So Negrek, now that I've sent you on yet another spiritual journey, do you still say that you haven't used your killing move and have nothing to do with Light's death?
Yes.

Mmm, the potential to reverse alignments makes it somewhat difficult to determine how many nights we might have left before we get to a majority-cultist or cultist-win state. We've only actually managed to kill one cultist, so there could be as many as what... five? Among the remaining players. But on the other hand there might be only one or two. Eh. I don't know.

Hmm. I don't suppose you could tell us anything about what Low Sweep does? Can you also only use them on alternate nights?

Zero Moment and RespectTheBlade, do you have anything on your roles?

I did nothing last night, since it was Hi Jump Kick night.

I have Endure. Blocks one kill action at night, and rolls over to a vote if not used up that night. Can't be used two nights in a row. Also have a kill move, so I'm p much the perfect vig, but there's literally no reason to do anything this whole game. Would not be surprised if this was a nomafia game.

I don't know anything about superbird's thing.

Yeah, this game is starting to look really mafia-less. But what do we have to do to end the game if it really is? Lynching MF is out.

Okay, well, if we assume that there's a cult that can recruit previously-innocent people, people roleclaiming does not make them at all less suspicious since being recruited would not change their roles. I'm also thinking that if my role is anti-cult, it may just protect people for the night that I'm targeting them, as opposed to reversing their recruitment? Being able to recruit the informed minority into the innocents has always presented kind of a huge problem. So unless the cult (or whatever) members don't know each other's identities, my power being able to reverse alignments would be kind of problematic.

We also don't seem to have any sort of inforoles to let us determine who we should even be going after. The only course of action I can really see is rounding up all the people with killing actions and concluding that one of them killed Light (unless it had something to do with that thing from Wargle, but we have no way of figuring that out), and trying to determine which one it was... :/

Butterfree, is there any chance of you telling us about that last part of your role? We're so in the dark here that the harm of revealing it to us and benefiting the mafia or whoever might be kind of moot anyway, although of course you're the only one who knows enough about your role to decide that.

One other thing: so Superbird apparently received some knowledge about hopeandjoy's alignment that neither of them had anything to do with (probably?). Nearly everyone has roleclaimed at this point, although some people have said that they have other powers that they haven't talked about yet. That leaves very few actions that may have some sort of significant anti-cult power. :(

Back
Top Bottom