• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Trainer Class Pokéchoice Mafia - Game Thread

Re: Trainer Class Pokéchoice Mafia - Game Thread

Go, Butterfree!

Please repeat "Go, Butterfree!" if you're going to override the day decision to abstain! If not, please say "Go, Mai!" c: (and if you're really set on lynching me/tying the vote, you can change back I guess.)

Assuming an abstain, what is the plan for tonight, Butterfree?

Butterfree and Mai, battling almost as if neither could control their powers, seemed evenly matched -- and evenly supported, too -- and the question of who would fall first became more and more burning.

And the answer... was not to be known then.

"Cut this crap!" a rasping, screeching voice boomed aloud for everyone alive to hear, snapping them out of their mysterious predicament. "Tonight we're abstain partying tonight!"

And so, focused now on the overbearing commands blaring their way, did the town indeed abstain party. Wildly.

None was lynched, and none was left behind... save for hopeandjoy, who had become overwhelmed by her own psychic powers during the uncontrollable scuffle earlier.

Psychic hopeandjoy was defeated! She was innocent.

No one was lynched.

48 hours for night actions.

-----

"Do you do requests, perchance?"
"Sure. What's yer order?
"I want everyone to know that the bird is the word!"

And then, for the entire night, everyone did the bird.

A party has started! For the duration of this Night Phase, the game thread can be used for public discussion. Additionally, any powers that enable private communication about the game are disabled during this night -- no spots in this party where nobody's listening!

So how are y'all doing?

That puts things a little bit back to normal, although this probably could have been used to greater effect earlier in the game.

But now is also probably a critical point for whatever non-innocent faction we have here, so I'm not guilty about cutting off their communication.

Also, I spiked the drinks. By which I mean I actually put tiny little needles in them that will irritate your throat as you drink. That's why they're doing that, I promise.

I am becoming more and more convinced that Eifie and Mai are the cultists, with Mai being the cult leader, which is pretty dangerous as they're almost at majority, but if we kill Mai there is the chance they're telling the truth and cult will win, which is if they are cult what they were aiming for with the quasi-lovers thing :/ My other power is Play Nice which is pretty much useless because it's basically forgoing Uproar to... broadcast a message in the morning. Exactly what have I done to earn your suspicions?

Incidentally, Superbird, is your Pokemon Swellow?

Ooh, thanks, Superbird. I was hoping you'd do that tonight. I think the bits of my PMs that Mai quoted earlier pretty much sum up why I suspect Alligates, although that was just something I was saying to Mai in private (i.e. where we both know that we are in fact lovers). I'll talk more about it when I get home and am not on my phone.

So how are y'all doing?

That puts things a little bit back to normal, although this probably could have been used to greater effect earlier in the game.

But now is also probably a critical point for whatever non-innocent faction we have here, so I'm not guilty about cutting off their communication.

Also, I spiked the drinks. By which I mean I actually put tiny little needles in them that will irritate your throat as you drink. That's why they're doing that, I promise.

tumblr_inline_myg6fnPFcw1r0y3xk.png

[Hajime Hinata drinking orange juice - it must be pretty painful, then]

Pretty good! That was a surprisingly nice end to the day. Certainly interesting and turned out better than expected.

Anyway, Alligates, have anything to say for yourself? You do have that secret second power, after all.

Do we want to talk what night actions we're going to use? There are pros and cons to that, obviously.

I am becoming more and more convinced that Eifie and Mai are the cultists, with Mai being the cult leader, which is pretty dangerous as they're almost at majority, but if we kill Mai there is the chance they're telling the truth and cult will win, which is if they are cult what they were aiming for with the quasi-lovers thing :/ My other power is Play Nice which is pretty much useless because it's basically forgoing Uproar to... broadcast a message in the morning. Exactly what have I done to earn your suspicions?

Incidentally, Superbird, is your Pokemon Swellow?

Ah. Well, I am easily ninja'd (I get distracted during posting and well)

Not say your power earlier and be unavailable, basically. *shrug* /Someone/ had to cause the fight, after all, and we kind of believed the other options.

Oh yeah, one quick thing. Superbird, can you still use Mirror Move tonight? If so, would you be willing to target Mai and hope the coin flips heads so you can confirm their Captivate power?

If we're very desperate, I guess we could also have Butterfree kill Mai tonight while Mai Role Plays it off to... someone. Me, if you want. With two people targeting Mai it's more likely than not that at least one will get lovered to confirm Mai's role.

oh wait I think Mai said Captivate doesn't work on killing powers ugh

oh wait I think Mai said Captivate doesn't work on killing powers ugh

It doesn't - wait

"and it does not kill you at the end of the night," was the wording

so if I role play it off, I think it would work??? I'll ask.

My pokémon is Pidgeotto. Swellow doesn't learn Mirror Move, iirc.

I can indeed use Mirror Move tonight. so, use Mai's action on Mai, then?

Okay I'm home now but I'm in kind of a hurry so sorry that my thoughts aren't all that organized.

Um, I'll start with more stuff about Mai. I'd suspected them of being some sort of strange cult leader thing pretty much since we hooked up or whatever, due to their general unhelpfulness earlier on, apparently lack of night actions, and the fact that it, well, fit. Captivate has a 50% chance of lovering anyone who targets Mai during the night. Negrek targeted Mai on N0 and eventually flipped neither innocent nor mafia. It's quite possible for VM to have targeted Mai early on, too, since Mai would have probably been a more prominent target before sinking into obscurity due to lack of posting and stuff.

I think what initially made me suspicious was how MF was sort of vague about the conditions of the whole lover thing: I have no way of knowing Mai's alignment beyond what she tells me. More specifically, I think he said something like "your alignments and win conditions are unchanged". I assume that I therefore can't be secretly cult and have no idea about it, and therefore Mai isn't captivating people into their cult, but it's been bothering me for a while nevertheless. Maybe my link with Jesus gives me some cult-shielding powers or something.

But the fact remains that somebody caused that standoff during the day and that person almost definitely had scummy intentions. I believe that that someone was Alligates because everyone else's powers are accounted for except for RtB's (see the earlier PM of mine that Mai quoted), but RtB hasn't been all that active in the game and probably would not have started that gladiator thing then, and now we also have the fact that he stopped it. Everyone else's powers are only accounted for because I believe that Mai is not lying about Role Play.

So here's what I propose for tonight:
- I target Alligates. If Alligates was the one who caused the standoff today, there's a small chance that she may have to forego her night action in exchange. If there's no Uproar tomorrow, well, that will make her look pretty bad. If there is, then that doesn't really tell us anything about her.
- Mai uses Role Play on me. When I flip innocent (which I assume I will... the GM lying to me about my alignment kind of goes beyond normal bastardry), hopefully that will at least serve to convince you that we're not in the league together.
- Butterfree kills Mai (which will be redirected to me). If Mai is lying about Role Play, then they could have been the one to start The Thing after all, in which case I will happily die with her to rid us of a bad guy. If Mai is telling the truth about Role Play, then I will die and my innocence will hopefully serve to convince you that if Mai is some big bad cultist, I know absolutely nothing about it.
- Superbird uses Mirror Move on Mai? Perhaps target Alligates to double up on the Uproar testing thing. You may want to do something else instead, but if one of you and Butterfree gets Captivated then that should hopefully convince everyone else that Captivate exists.
- RtB chills and recovers 10-20% energy.

What do you think?

Oh yeah, the last action on my list is that Alligates uses Uproar, obviously.

Okay, that sounds pretty good to me.

I actually think RTB may have been the one to start The Thing, because I didn't start it, and Superbird started the abstain party. The plan looks fine to me.

I just want to add that there are probably a bunch of ways the cult/whatever could screw this up, particularly if there's more than one of them, but... let's find out! I'll send in my action now.

Spr_GS_Medium_JP.png

I've lived a long, full life, sonnies... finally I shall become one with bird Jesus

Back
Top Bottom