• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Trainer Class Pokéchoice Mafia - Game Thread

Re: Trainer Class Pokéchoice Mafia - Game Thread

I can confirm that I did do the whole change day-phase result to abstaining thing, as I had said earlier. I wasn't in time to further confirm my intent with Mai, but I suppose it all worked out. Superbird's party and my cancellation are completely unrelated, as far as I've heard from MF. They just seem to flow in to each other really well.

As for my inactivity, I've been planning for college, which is coming up in about a week. I'll go back and read through what I've missed.

The night was long and the bird was the word all the way through.

With the mild exception of that one time when somebody in the middle of the crowd started to holler a different tune.
Whoa! Eifie's following me!

Much, much later, the hungover, bird-depraved townies would find that Eifie was no longer following anyone, and may well have been followed instead, as she had simply disappeared without a trace or a departure.

Medium Eifie was defeated! She was innocent.

48 hours for discussion.

</3 Eifie, my pseudo-lover!

Anyway, my role play is expended and I have a new lover. <3 Superbird!

Is that enough to conclude I'm not cult or ...

I used Mai's Action on Alligates last night, and nothing happened on my end. I am lovers with Mai now, but...

Okay, that went pretty decently! RIP Eifie, you died for a good cause.

That opens the question of what we do now, though. Whoever caused The Thing is clearly still at large and lying to us, and with only five players left there aren't a lot of possibilities for who that could be. Given Superbird has confirmed being lovered by Mai, Eifie's innocence seems to confirm that Captivate isn't a culting thing so presumably they're not both cult, and obviously I know it's not me, that leaves Superbird, Alligates and RespectTheBlade.

And since it seems... pretty weird to give the same person both The Thing and the ability to just plain override the day decision, plus that RespectTheBlade could have very easily feigned not seeing the thread in time to stop The Thing if he'd done it, I'm pretty sure it wasn't him either, so really it's just Superbird and Alligates.

Which brings my attention back to Superbird which makes me remember the Wargle thing again, and I just realized we never properly asked: RespectTheBlade, did you talk to Wargle? If yes, did she tell you anything? If not, did you receive any sort of other indication of having been targeted with something that might have been what made Wargle conclude you were innocent?

Obligatory "I didn't do it (meaning it's probably Superbird, and if it's Superbird that means Mai is probably not in on it unless Superbird converted her to cult or something, and if it's not Superbird it's probably Butterfree, for the reasons she outlined above)"

Which brings my attention back to Superbird which makes me remember the Wargle thing again, and I just realized we never properly asked: RespectTheBlade, did you talk to Wargle? If yes, did she tell you anything? If not, did you receive any sort of other indication of having been targeted with something that might have been what made Wargle conclude you were innocent?

RTB, please reexist :(

Okay, uhm, it's been a while so I guess I'm gonna vote Alligates? Alignment doesn't change with lovering, but I don't particularly want to kill my lover again... I could be convinced, but.

Whoops sorry I've had no wifi for most of today. Was on a car trip to Boston. I did receive a pm from.wargle, entitled 'sleep talk' and reading:
Hello! I am making a list of people and their roles! If you could tell me your role and moves, it would be great.

However by the time I was able to reply due to wifi constraints the night phase had already ended.

I'm going to hold off on voting for now.

Right. So since RespectTheBlade seems to confirm Superbird's account of the Wargle thing, and it fits with my previous theory that Wargle's innocents were based on people she had managed to talk to, I'm also betting on Alligates. Fingers crossed.

Less and less volunteers were available for the lynch mob, and this moment dispalyed it best. Two against four is almost closer to fair fight than it is to gang press. Allligates fought til the end, but the marginally superior numbers still prevailed.

Even as the sun finished crossing the sky, the few and fewer survivors eyed each other carefully, hoping to gauge how to best take each of everyone else on in a fight, if worst would come to worst.

Twins Alligates were defeated! They were innocent.

48 hours for night actions.

The screeching from the nights previous seemed to have ceased -- but that did not mean that the Town rested in silence that night. Thunderous noises of an utterly vicious struggle kept all awake, but none brave enough to get out and check what in the dickens was going on out there.

When they finally rose into the morning and outside, they saw that the events earlier had left a wrecked and ruinous wake, with so much smashed litter to go by that walking was tough on some patches.

Superbird lay solidly buried underneath one of the piles of rubble, but his exact predicament was not to become known for the time being.

Bird Keeper Superbird was defeated! He was innocent.

48 hours for discussion.

...crap. That was me. I was so sure if it wasn't Alligates it had to be Superbird and wanted to save us all time. Ugh.

Moreover, I was apparently attacked in the night, so our remaining villain has a killing move they've been concealing all this time.

I'm still pretty sure RespectTheBlade is innocent, and Superbird's innocence only makes that more likely because of the Wargle thing, so Mai has pretty much got to be the evil mastermind here. I guess I kind of had it figured out back when The Thing happened, apart from Eifie legitimately being innocent - thinking back, all we really confirmed with Eifie's death gambit was that Mai has Captivate and Role Play, which does not automatically mean "not evil" but I was fixated on the idea Eifie was in on it plus something about the number of moves which, really, Pokémon can have four moves, I have three, it was really not that unlikely, self.

Well played, though!

Oh, it was also the thing about thinking evil Mai = cult leader who lovered the "neither innocent nor mafia" people, therefore Eifie's innocence = not-evil Mai. Which is not necessarily the case.

Uh, not quite.

How do you know you were attacked/how did you survive? Was it detect?

"Killing is bad" should be a given at this point in the game; obviously we have an admission from Butterfree here. I was initially confused that Superbird only died, when clearly Butterfree could just kill us both with my role play being exhausted, but I figure this: if she killed us /both/, it would be even more obvious that she was being malicious and the vote tie would go against her.

And since we don't actually know whether Negrek had detect, Butterfree could, of course, be making that power up: I don't think anyone else at all claimed to have three powers, and I only have two. Saying you're one-shot bulletproof is a decent way of deterring people from killing you, and claiming it's been broken is a good way to pass suspicion on someone else.

Lovering and culting is extremely far-fetched (we don't even know for sure that there's anyone with three actions), and we've already established I haven't culted the people I've loved. (How many people would die if I did, then?) RespectTheBlade is a slight possibility, and it would've been a brilliant ploy to gain trust to start the fight, gain trust, and then disperse it, but right now I'm more suspicious of Butterfree right now.

Uh, I already claimed to have Detect, before Negrek did; see here. The fact you'd apparently forgotten certainly explains nicely why you'd target me for a nightkill anyway, though.

I don't think you have lovering and culting. I don't think there is a cult at all anymore. I think you've been good old mafia all along, helped by your ability to lover peple and thus innocuously gain their trust and information. You're the one who first suggested a cultafia in the first place in fact, as far as I can tell (here), which would sure be convenient for a solo mafia. I thought Negrek was originally mafia who was culted, but now I'm guessing neg was just some kind of rogue vigilante role; VM was probably something alien-esque or something of the like. Everybody else has flipped innocent - two third-alignment roles in a big game is not at all implausible. And a game with only a single mafia member, whose actions are designed around building trust with the town, is exactly the kind of thing MF might do to screw with us.

I was baffled by how there was apparently a scum killing role around but it kept not doing anything - but that no longer seems so strange. To the single mafia it was imperative not to be caught committing murders, and not to fall under suspicion in any way.

It all fits. Hell, I was somewhat surprised when during The Thing Mai didn't accuse me of being desperate scum trying to get out of being lynched - I didn't think I was all that trusted, and I was really aware it was something I might have assumed if I'd been on the other side. I kind of expected to be lynched on that basis, but hoped my arguments would persuade people to consider them once I flipped innocent. But Mai never raised that possibility - because they already knew that I would flip innocent.

So, in summary, I think Mai's moves are Role Play, Captivate, The Thing, and a killing move. They're all interesting moves to give a solo mafia. I would be extremely surprised if I'm wrong at this point.

As for killing Superbird, we all seemed to be in agreement that it was either Alligates or Superbird, and this has been a long, long game, and there was a tiny chance Superbird might have something up his sleeve. Plus I had a silly little desire to actually use my vigilante powers to down a bad guy for once (which I freely admit was pretty silly). I should have suggested doing it in the day discussion - it just didn't occur to me until the day was over, and I'm sorry for that oversight.

Wait, sorry, misread your thing about Detect. Yes, I survived because of Detect, and MF PMed me to alert me that I'd been attacked; no, I don't suppose you have any proof that I have Detect, per se, but while Negrek may not have explicitly mentioned having Detect, it is at least implied by the fact neg didn't remark on it when arguing based on our mirror-ness. (Of course, we shouldn't exactly trust Negrek either way, but one would have thought Negrek would have used my claim of Detect as additional evidence when accusing me, if neg had known I was lying about it.)

Either way, I don't see what I'd gain by claiming I was attacked here if I hadn't been; claiming I know the remaining scum has a killing move was not exactly central to my argument that the remaining scum is you.

Back
Top Bottom