• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed .:Transformed:.

April, still groggy and confused, heard some shouting from the cages around her, but couldn't make it out. As her vision adjusted to the darkness, she realized that the glow she had seen before was fire - silver fire, too. She only pondered for a second before going back to trying to figure out just what the heck had happened.

She stood up on all four legs - the sensation was weird at first, and, still thinking like a human, she thought that her butt should be sticking up in the air if she was standing on her hands and feet - er, paws - but it quickly faded.

Okay. Now that I'm standing up, I'd better try and figure out just what I am... She looked down at her paws. Both of them were black with the white bone around them as she had seen before. To her surprise, her necklace was still there - the black flame one. Craning her neck, she attempted to look at her back, and saw a black-furred body, with two white bones across the back, and a short tail at the end of her body. Now that she had a pretty good idea of what she looked like, she sat down once more on the hard floor to ponder over just what Pokemon looked like that.

Houndour! I've been turned into a Houndour! she realized after a few minutes of thinking.

Hoshizora said, "Who's there?" Her voice came out scratched, evil, and creepy.

"What am I?" she thought aloud. She managed to look down onto herself. She was black, surrounded by a ghostly purple fog. She stuck out her tongue. It was a vivid red.

"Gastly?" She cried, shocked. Hoshizora shook her head, which was actually her whole self, and closed her eyes tight. "No! It can't be!" The transformed human looked up, seeing her own forehead. There was a silver star on her forehead. Huh? What's this? Maybe it has something to do with...

She focused her energy on it, and a ghostly power surrounded her. She began to think evilly, until the power faded.

What was that? ...Maybe Spite?

When Jackson was told to be quiet, he quickly shut his mouth. No, wait, since he didn't have a mouth he just stayed silent. He took this opportunity to look around. The source of the yelling voice was a few cages over, where a silver-flamed Ponyta was held captive. Looking around, Jackson spied more caged Pokemon, including an oddly colored Eevee and a Houndour. The now-Porygon wanted to find some way to get out of here. Maybe he could try a combination of moves, but he didn't know how to use them. Tackle would probably be the easiest to use but the least likely to get Jackson out of here. He continued assessing the situation.

"I know my fur is weird-colored.It seems to change with my mood!"she said.Her fur changed to a light green,because her flames were so pretty,and the fact she was almost out of his/her cage.Then it turned red as she got angry and kicked the door.She used Double edge on it,and the bars made a creaky noise as she had knocked off the lock."Ow,ow,ow!"she whispered(double edge does damage to the user)she muttered before double-edging it again,opening the door."I - I'm free!"she yelled.She jumped out.It was then she realized she couldn't see."Oh yeah,it's dark in here..."she whispered.Her cage was up on a table,and could barely see it and could only see it due to the silvery flames of the Ponyta.She jumped back in and pulled the door shut which made a creaky noise.

"I said to shut up!" Charlene snarled. All of this distraction--she needed to think, and that wasn't as easy when all of the voices kept speaking up around her. She could see a silvery glow from the cage beside her, but not its cause.

Then she turned back to the bars. Maybe, she could... she could have sworn she saw it, so...

Concentrating as best she could on the bars despite the noise, she imagined them bending outwards. She could even feel them without touching, and she focused on the feeling of where the bars were. Her arm glowed blue, and three of the bars glowed the same colour. She could feel it even more easily now, and with a wave of her hand, she pushed...

With a slight creak, the bars bended away just slightly, now visibly curved. But they were too strong for her powers - whatever they were - to break.

She needed to work with the properties of metal, but she didn't know how much good it would do her. "Heat... I need heat, intense and then maybe... if it got soft enough, or if it got frozen..."

Well, she knew she could bend metal, but not how to heat it up or make it colder. She rubbed at her head, but realised she couldn't reach the top. "Dammit."

Then she heard a crash, and realised an eevee - an eevee, with flesh and bones too soft to easily break out of a cage - managed to break out anyway. "Lucky," she growled. "Your cage wasn't locked? Can you get me the keys?" The eevee wouldn't be able to unlock the cage with just her mouth, and maybe wouldn't know what they even looked like, but perhaps Charlene would be able to unlock it with the same powers that let her bend metal. "Wait..."

An eevee? That talks? Why... why does it look so big compared to normal?

The pressing question became a bigger priority now, when she realised something big must've been going on.

"What... what's going on?"

Balia shut out the Eevee, the angry caged person (or Pokemon) beside her and concentrated. This was just a challenge, with really high stakes. Ignore what was going on around her, and win her freedom. Keep losing her focus and she'd be stuck in here for eternity, probably used in Pokemon battles and experiments! Determination fueled, she neighed loudly and lashed out at the lock with a hind hoof. It landed on the floor with a clang, and when she turned and pushed tentatively at the door of her cage, it opened. "Yes!" she crowed, feeling an urge to do a spontaneous dance of victory. "I'm out!" Glowing, (literally, as her flames had gotten brighter) with delight, she walked out and looked around. A weird-looking Eevee which she could see better now, some Pokemon that were beyond the extent of her light... A Ralts? A Porygon close by, a Houndour... "How many of you are there? I mean, that woke up as Pokemon."

After a moment, she realized perhaps they wouldn't be in the mood for an interrogation. "...I suppose you can't escape on your own?" And there was that arrogant tone, already coming back. If they needed her help, why, she had to be better than them! Her logic never failed.

"What...?"

A ponyta escaping was more likely than an eevee, but it was still unbelievable. Yes, Charlene was physically weaker then them, but the metal... she hadn't even seen any flames to soften the metal, and yet...

Was her cage stronger than theirs?

She'd felt that the lock was part of the cage door, so simply breaking that wasn't possible. She'd have to turn the mechanism inside, but didn't know how at her current level. Not without a key.

Then, when the ponyta spoke, she listened, understanding easily even though she'd never had training before. She felt a faint sense of arrogance even as she heard it in the ponyta's tone, and remembered the unknown drug, which would hopefully wear off later. But for now...

A pokemon? Turned into a pokemon... the ponyta must've been human, at one point. And there were more, it seemed - the eevee, too? She could see that the eevee was coloured strangely now that she had more light. The eevee couldn't be natural, then, so perhaps...

"What am I?" she asked urgently. "What pokemon am I, or am I still human?"

"Me," whirred Jackson in answer to the Ponyta's question. Being a Pokemon, he could understand her. "I'll try to get out of my cage alone, but I'll call you if I need help."
Noticing that one of the Pokemon next to him could bend metal by focusing, that gave Jackson an idea. Hey, I can learn Psybeam, right? Maybe that'll help.
The Porygon closed his huge eyes and focused on the metal. All he could do was send out a psychic beam that bounced all around his cage and then faded. Oh what the heck, I'm not a Psychic-type. Let's see if I can figure out how to use Tri Attack.
Jackson drew energy from around him but only floated higher. "Darn it, Magnet Rise." He tried again, this time fitting the gathering between the bars instead of the magnetic energy from them. Then, Jackson acted as if he was breathing fire, but instead a beam that flashed in three colors came out of where his mouth would be. Please don't be electric... The bars glowed a light blue, and when the illumination faded the bars were encased in a thin coating of ice. Jackson shot himself forward in a Tackle, and broke through the weakened metal. "I'm free!"

When the porygon broke free, Charlene had to frown. She'd seen the flashes of electricity and fire, but the metal shards on the floor were covered in ice. Then she laughed.

"Brilliant! Fire and ice would work, too!" That was probably a high-levelled porygon, to make strong enough elemental energy, but porygon didn't learn that move until they were very powerful, anyway. She guessed that the porygon, who admitted to being a human in porygon form, had been like that for a while. Otherwise it wouldn't be so experienced with its own moves.

Heck, Charlene didn't even know what she was.

A computerised brain like that which a porygon had might cause the person to automatically know what it was, though, but it still ought to be a powerful porygon.

If she was supposed to be around the same level, perhaps she could break out... once she figured out how.

And what she was, so she'd know the best way to go around this.

Balia snorted. "You're a Ralts. At least you don't look as weird as Fluffy over there." With a derisive whinny, she tossed her head in the unfortunate colour-shifting Eevee's direction. "So, need my help? I can... do whatever I did to get out to help you." Realizing this hardly sounded assertive, she stamped a hoof - hey, she was getting better at moving around like this! - and focused, feeling that feverish feeling creep up on her again. "Did my flames get bigger?" she asked hopefully, wanting to control this. If she had the power to spew flame whenever she wanted, she wanted to let everyone else get a nice, long look at how awesome she was. If she wasn't dreaming, the Porygon had just used a Tri Attack, and so quickly too. How come he could actually perform attacks, while all she could do was melt stuff nearby? It wasn't fair! Going from triumphant to seething, the Ponyta grumbled a bit, pawing at the floor. "Do you know what happened? I can't remember anything other than going to catch a Pokemon..."

Hoshizora hissed, "What makes you think I can't get out of here! I'm a GHOST, for Arceus's sake!" She immediately floated through the bars. The human-turned-Gastly felt happy inside, but didn't show it.

"Thanks!" said Jackson to the Ralts. He didn't know what to say in response to the Ponyta's question. "Maybe we could get to know each other once we're all out?" He looked at the Gastly who had just escaped. At a loss of words, he said, "Uhhhhh...."

Screams began to erupt around the room. Screams of shock and fright. Rachel herself was surprised by the noise, but refused to join the immature wailing. She may have been in a very strange situation, but she wasn't about to cry or scream about it.

"Could you all shut up?!" she tried to bark. However, the words came out sounding something like "Tor-chic Torr!" What the hell?!

Now screaming seemed like a viable option. However, rather than a cry of fright, Rachel happened to make a sound somewhere between a gasp and a yelp of both surprise and anger. Instantly, a flash of light appeared in the form of a tiny yellow-orange flame that came from her mouth. It was fairly obvious what she was now... But how and why? It made no sense whatsoever. This was real life, not another one of those Pokemorph science fiction novels. Whatever the case, though, she wanted out. Now.

"My name is Hoshizora," Hoshizora replied. "I think. I can't really remember a lot. ...Maybe I died? After all, I AM a Gastly. I think."

"How should I know?" Hoshizora retorted. "MY best theory is that I died; but then, how did I, let alone all of you end up here?"

"Ah..."

A ralts? That would explain a lot. She had psychic powers, which were what bended the cage's bars. Theoretically, she could manipulate the temperature as well, but she'd have to teach herself how to do it.

Oh! Ralts were empathic, too. It didn't have to be a drug, then, those waves of emotion that weren't her own.

... and she could think more clearly than usual, she thought; she wasn't even in shock, like she probably should be right about now.

Accepting this so easily, she knew instinctively, shouldn't be so easy. But somehow it was - perhaps the whole denial thing was restricted only to humans, but as a ralts, she wasn't as prone to such a thing.

The others seemed to accept it more easily than any human would, too. Being a pokemon should explain it.

She closed her eyes. If she really was a ralts, and really had psychic powers, she wanted to test something. She could move even metal, which required a lot of strength, so how much strength did she have? With psychic powers, she wouldn't get tired so easily and her muscles wouldn't get strained, she thought.

Waving her hands - she could call them hands, now, knowing that they hadn't simply been chopped off - she focused. She couldn't see them glow, but she felt the power thrum within her. Now how should she use it? She could, indistinctly, feel much of what was in the room. Even the ghosts didn't escape her senses, though they felt odd. There were a few empty open cages and one closed empty cage (perhaps an unlucky person-turned-pokemon who was being experimented on), plus cages with other pokemon within them.

She couldn't really feel what they were, but she knew they were there.

"Okay," she murmured. "Let's do this."

She focused solely on a single metal bar in front of her, withdrawing her senses from the rest of the room. She could feel it better than she could with her hands, and knew where the bar ended and how thick it was. The bar was solid, of course, and though she couldn't identify the metal, knew where every nick and scratch was.

She tried to focus further, going down to a molecular level, but at that, she failed completely. She couldn't get more sensitive to the metal than this, much like if she was holding it herself.

She could faintly hear voices, but they didn't attract any of her attention at all.

She didn't think she could heat it up unless she spontaneously learned to manipulate flames. Fire from another source would burn her, so she couldn't ask for that... but, with sheer power, perhaps she could bend it until she could fit.

She tried to push the bar to the side, thinking that it would be much easier when she was focusing only on one.

"Hello," Hoshizora," Jackson said. "My name is Jackson. I'm a Porygon." He smiled, or at least tried to, and turned to the Ralts in the cage. "Would you like help? Either I or that Ponyta can do it."

"No... I can't block your attacks from reaching me," she murmured; her own voice sounded as distant as the porygon's did. She couldn't help but smirk as the metal bar gave way, literally bending to her will. It was slow going, but the fact that it was happening at all satisfied her greatly.

Just a bit further...

Back
Top Bottom