• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed .:Transformed:.

"I could help someone too," Hoshizora said. All she had to do was glare at another Rocket to make him stop in his tracks. She found a bit of scrap metal on the ground, and tried to manipulate it (what, I thought Gastly could do that). She attempted using an attack on it, but it didn't work. Maybe she would learn later on. Pretty much the only thing she could do was lick those foul grunts, so she attacked another one with her poison tongue.

(( What about dialogue, where say two people are talking? Doesn't really affect others in that situation. ))

The others were probably being rather excessive in their attacks, though they were probably just testing their powers as Charlene was. They seemed to be faster at learning what they could do, though, she noticed with a frown. Fortunately it seemed that her Rocket was untouched, except for what Charlene was doing to him and the ponyta's attacks.

So she practised.

As she practised transferring her experience with pain to the Rocket, she took less and less time to call on the experience - well, actually, she didn't need to call on the experience any longer, just the feeling. And, soon, she found that she was fast progressing toward only needing to think of the feeling to send the man writhing on the ground, screaming and crying. She shuffled toward him as he lay on the ground, deciding that she ought to try and break into his mind, here and now. The other Rockets (so many? She hadn't expected more than three, at most) were all occupied, so now was the time.

She touched his forehead. Closing her eyes, she focused on his emotions - the residual pain he was feeling, even though the attack had ended - and opened herself to them. She extended her mind to his, and dove in.

The feeling was quite like a belly-flop followed by a large splash of cold water. She felt like she was sinking, drowning, but even as she extended her tiny arms there was nothing but more water, and she couldn't swim, and her leg suddenly hurt, but the pain faded just as soon as it came.

The pain caused her to nearly double over, but when she looked back up again, it was foggy - too foggy to be real, she thought. She was in a hallway, perhaps the hall outside the room with the cages, with the door closed behind her. But how was that possible?

Charlene looked down the halls, puzzled, and walked down it. She didn't know how there was enough light to see, but there just was. She walked for an unknown period of time, just not getting anywhere, with the fog behind her and in front of her.

Then she looked at the walls, really looked, thinking she heard something from that direction cry out. But there was nothing, except--

Books!

She ignored the strange markings on the shelves and took out a random book, or at least tried. Her fingers just brushed against the wall - or maybe it was really clear glass? They looked so real, and even the fog seemed to be going through the glass, but she couldn't take out these books.

Wait. Fingers?

She looked down at her hands, but they were indeed ralts limbs.

What...?

She paused. Wait. I'm a ralts, aren't I? So...

Charlene extended her psychic powers, watching the fog whip around her as she lifted a book from its shelf and brought it toward her. The pages almost seemed to be glowing, she thought, but there was a lock on the book preventing her from opening it. She'd need to find the key.

Not now, though. She knew she could get here, and this was good enough for her. What she wanted to see was what would happen if she did...

...this.

Charlene dropped the book to the floor, then lifted up the others one at a time and dropped them in a pile behind her. Laughing, she walked back the way she'd come and dropped more, continuing to do all three until she made it to the door. The books didn't miraculously return to their shelves, and actually remained on the ground where she'd left them.

Charlene smiled, picking up one of the closer books with her mind and throwing it as far as she possibly could, haphazardly reshelved a few, and turned around to open the door again.

Outside the door, there was only darkness, and Charlene let herself fall into it.

...then she realised it was so dark because she was closing her eyes, and her feet were firmly on the floor. She opened them, removing her hand from the Rocket's forehead. He was out cold, anyway, or so it seemed; maybe those books had something to do with it.

((Sorry, I forgot I was part of this! Well, I read all 11 pages, so here I go. Also, I came up with an excuse as to why I couldn't hear everyone's yells. By the way, are we doing ASB-style or whatever, or are we doing it so that we can only know 4 moves and have to find TMs to learn TM moves?))

Another Rocket entered the room carrying a cage with a Sandshrew inside. "Well, I guess it's time to put you away now, you little..." as he talked and walked, he looked up and saw his fellow Rockets being beaten by the humans-turned-pokemon they had captured. The Rocket gasped and dropped the cage, which made a dent in it big enough for the Sandshrew to get through.
"Hah, I'm free!" the Sandshrew said, though the Rocket couldn't understand it. "Take THIS!" As the Sandshrew said this, his claws glowed purple, and he stabbed the Rocket in the leg with a Poison Sting, making him collapse and go unconscious, although it wouldn't be lethal. He then turned to the others battling and said, "Hey, my name's Zak! Are you guys humans that got turned into pokemon like I did?"

Felsen gazed around at all the others around her, and thought, What the hell. It'll be fun anyway, then got up and started running around and headbutting various things.

((No, it's more ASB. Moves have no real restrictions, just so long as you don't blow it out of proportion, such as a Charmander with Blast Burn. And TMs I'm iffy about... It doesn't seem logical we'd have them, so probably not.))

Rachel turned her head away from scorching a Rocket grunt to look at the Sandshrew, who had apparently just escaped.

"We don't exactly have time for introductions right now," she growled in a cold tone. While fire-breathing had grown easier on her with her anger, she was still in an irriatable mood, and that migraine wasn't exactly getting any better.

Just focus it all into battling... she told herself, If I can breathe fire when I'm angry, then I need to stay angry.

This, of course, wasn't a challenge in her situation. After all, who wouldn't be angry to find themself turned into a Torchic by some psychotic creeps? So, she turned back to the ever-coming grunts and coughed out another Ember attack. They kept on coming, though... Surely they wouldn't be able to fight them all?

A grunt saw Zak escape and kicked him into a near wall. "I see what you mean," Zak grunted to the Torchic while trying to regain his breath. He then ran, or rather, waddled as fast as he could, to the grunt. The grunt tried kicking him again, but Zak quickly used Defense Curl and the grunt broke one of his toes as he kicked the rock-hard ball with all his might. Zak then used a Poison Sting on the grunt's leg, and the grunt collapsed from the toxin.

"DON'T!" Charlene yelled over the singing, even now starting to feel drowsy. "It's sound, you dolt, it'll put us to sleep too!"

She tried to concentrate on another of the Rockets - no new ones were coming, so focusing on these ones was fine - but her eyelids were already starting to droop, and her head nodded all on its own before she shook her head and tried to keep herself awake... but her vision was already getting blurry...

Nonetheless, about half of the grunts seemed to feel sleepy as well, and that only amplified Charlene's drowsiness, likely to push her into dreamland faster than usual...

(( Going with logic over ingame effects btw ))

"Yeah," grumbled Rachel, "Nice one indeed..."

Already she was so exhausted that only her rage kept her going. Now, that soft song was eating away her last bond to wakefulness... No... I can't... There's more of them... But I...

The Torchic fell over, dazed and confused. Her eyes fell shut. But suddenly, a horrible mind-wrenching pain took over. She flung herself up, gasping in pain and holding back tears. Her migraine. Without the urge to battle serving as a distracting wall, it was free to grip her brain and intensify tenfold.

She struggled to stand up, drowsy but unable to sleep with the burden that reaped her mind. Rachel was in pain. She wanted nothing more than to lie down and sleep as the Skitty's Sing relaxed her muscles and calmed her nerves. However, the pain in her head wouldn't allow it. So she slumped there, helpless and unable to fight, trying in desperation to hold back the pain, if only for a moment.

April was lunging at another Rocket Grunt when another Pokemon started to sing in a sweet lullaby tune. Sing attack? "No - wait... stop...." April couldn't help herself, though and fell to the ground in a deep slumber, unable to wake herself.

((short post, sorry :P)

As Kailani lunged at another Grunt, he was surprised to see the Grunt falling asleep. It was only then did he hear it.

"Sing? That can't be good, expecially for me, a pokemon composed of many souls. Who knows what could- oh, can't worry about that now."

Already, he could feel his main body being sucked back into the keystone. "No, stop! You're helping them as much as you're helping us!"

((EDIT: Last post for a few days. Why? Because- you guessed it- more vacation!))

Last edited:
Arkra felt drowzy even more quickly than the rest of them, the moment the Skitty had begun to Sing, she felt faint. Her extra sensitive hearing made the song even more effective.

"No... must stay... awake..."

She could feel sleep's clutches pulling her into slumber. Deeper and deeper...

Soon the Poochyena slumped down to the floor, fast asleep.

"Aw, crap," Zak said as he heard the sleep-inducing melody. He tried quickly to think of a way to not get drowsy, but he soon fell asleep anyway.

Hoshizora fell asleep also. "What, is it nighttime already?" She asked drowsily. "I want to see the stars... what do you think my name is?"
The Gastly managed to regain her senses and use Curse before closing her eyes.

Felsen was already curled up on the floor asleep, dreaming that she was asleep.

(This has happened to me on several occasions :P)

((And I'll be gone for most of today... >< Driving to the mountans. :P So this is my only post))

Balia neighed loudly, ears flattening against her skull. "Why did you do that..." she muttered, flames dimming. "Stupid. We'll all be captured..." To her, it was obvious the plan was going to fail; the Rocket she was fighting grinned as she collapsed, now having the time to fight back.

Aaron heard the sleep-inducing tone and started to feel drowsy. That, combined with the hall's light... He started falling to the ground and fell asleep.

(( short failpost. D:))

This whole time, Deuce had been struggling to regain his balance on his four, clumsy legs. He had just gotten used to walking and was going to kick a grunt in the gut when the sweet melody reached his ears.

"But I was just..." He yawned loudly with a whinny, "...getting... start..ed." He fell to the floor in a clumsy heap, his flames shining dimly.

Slowly, Rachel managed to half-open her eyes. Though her focus was weak and her eyelids heavy, she managed to see that whil sh was one of the only once-human ones still awake, the Rockets were also all laying on the floor, fast asleep. For while Sing had been a bad thing for their side, the grunts were just as weak to its sleep-inducing power.

She glanced around, the mere action of turning her head making her migraine pang and convulse with pain. Fighting it all back, Rachel noticed the now-sleeping Pokemon scattered around on the floor. Perhaps, with her inability to sleep now, she could wake them and escape? But just getting up sent her headache into a frenzy, and it was already bad enough... So drowsy... I just want to sleep... As soon as her eyes fell shut, however, it came back, worse than ever. She'd always had a slight tendency to get migraines, but this was undoubtedly the worst one she's ever experienced. It was a curse. A painful, horrible curse.

Back
Top Bottom