• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Suggestions Trying to get a region together.

Dar

oops, did it again
Pronoun
they
Okay, so I guess from the title you can assume that I'm looking to make a region. But I need ideas, since I'm a talentless spriter I've had spriters' block for quite some time. So to start it off, I need starters. Ideas? And just to let all you people know I wont be needing help for EVERYTHING in the region. Just felt like I should say that, for reasons unknown.

The starters should most likely be based off of an animal. Charmander's a fire lizard, Squirtle is a water turtle, Totodile is a big jawed crocodile. You just need a concept. Might I suggest using animal concepts that haven't or rarely have been used?

Might I suggest using animal concepts that haven't or rarely have been used?

I've tried, but I just come up blank. Although I do have a vague idea for the water starter, but I haven't quite thought it through yet.

Use animals that are never or rarely used. Let's say, a dolphin (Why isn't there a dolphin Pokemon???) would be a water starter choice. You'd have to make it ressemble a water type. You'd have to make it look like an actually Pokemon.

Or, a fire starter choice could be a little Pony. No, not Ponyta. A Pony with fire ressemblence and would be interesting enough to become a Pokemon. Or possibly a dinosaur fire starter, i dunno, I'm not a freaking poke-scientist.

Just think of an animal that ressembles fire, grass, or water. Then add alot (or little, first stage Pokemon don't have to have alot of concept, but their evos do) concept to it.

You need some kind of platypus. That is all.

I will make a platypus eventually, but I kinda like DarkAura's dolphin idea. Maybe it could evolve into a small whale, and then a narwhal x3 And when I was thinking about fire types, for some reason I thought of hippos. I might not use this, but it isn't hard to imagine a firebreathing hippopotamus. As for grass, maybe some kind of bird with leaves for wings? I guess we'll find out.

I can lend some ideas. I made an entire region already.

And so I've heard. I wouldn't mind some ideas, but just dont lend me anything you've already come up with. And by the way, do you have your region posted online? I would really like to see them :3

Personally, if you make a platypus, I think it should be Water-type, with a Water/Poison final stage.

The Water/Poison thing does make sense, but is it possible to have a pokemon whose type changes based on gender? Because after I looked up platypus, it turns out only the males have venom.

I can lend you the ideas for Pokemon I decided not to use when I was desigining Bohem, the region my fan fiction takes place in.

Like, a donkey Pokemon. Normal and Fighting type.

The Water/Poison thing does make sense, but is it possible to have a pokemon whose type changes based on gender? Because after I looked up platypus, it turns out only the males have venom.
I'm sure it's feasible that Game Freak could, hypothetically, program that in- or else, the second-stage Pokemon could evolve into a pure Water-type species if it's female, or a completely different Water/Poison species if it's male. The thing is, it might be a bit weird to have an evolution "gimmick" for a starter, when they usually evolve in a straightforward level-up sequence. I don't think it would be a big deal if both the males and females had poison, really- Pokemon are never 100% accurate to one real-life animal.

The thing is, it might be a bit weird to have an evolution "gimmick" for a starter, when they usually evolve in a straightforward level-up sequence.

I never said the platypus would be a starter. The dolphin is. So far I've got the grass and water starters made. I'll add flavour text later, and so far both are unnamed.

picture.php
picture.php

I still need ideas for what the fire starter is, because I learned I cant draw a hippo.

Yes, but they're not very.....original.

You do not know what original means. Let's say GAME FREAK decided to make a new Pokemon. This is Unoriginality;

GAME FREAK: Hey, let's make another mouse Pokemon, cause we already have a FUCKTON of them already.

Being original means to make an idea that has never or rarely been used. There hasn't been a Garbage Pokemon yet, so why not Garborder? I do think the design should be different, but it's FUCKING GARBAGE. Literally, actually garbage, so it should look gross.

Same with Vaniluxe. There hasn't been an icicle yet, so Vaniluxe is awesome. They make the design so that it's unique and original.

Your arguement is invalid.

I never said the platypus would be a starter. The dolphin is. So far I've got the grass and water starters made. I'll add flavour text later, and so far both are unnamed.

picture.php
picture.php

I still need ideas for what the fire starter is, because I learned I cant draw a hippo.

Smooth out the edges. Dolphin should be smaller, since it's the first stage, and it shouldn't have a horn yet. The grass bird should also be neater. The shading on the dolphin is too straight. You nead to curve it so that it actually looks like a shading.

Smooth out the edges. Dolphin should be smaller, since it's the first stage, and it shouldn't have a horn yet. The grass bird should also be neater. The shading on the dolphin is too straight. You nead to curve it so that it actually looks like a shading.

Just a couple questions and comments. 1. If I take away the horn on the dolphin, it'll just be a plain dolphin. 2. What do you mean by smooth out the edges? I have to agree that the bird could use some work, though.

Back
Top Bottom