• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

TV Tropes Mafia [DAY 7]

Re: TV Tropes Mafia [DAY 2]

Well guys...
I have nothing. I'm not even going to bandwagon and vote Bloodmania/Manic/Markku/Whatever he decided to rename himself this week.

But if he's going down, I'm going down with him. Goodbye!

Detonate on Bloodmania.

... okay, it's official. This game currently holds the record for the most times I've thought "wait, what the dick?" to myself in one day phase.

Well guys...
I have nothing. I'm not even going to bandwagon and vote Bloodmania/Manic/Markku/Whatever he decided to rename himself this week.

But if he's going down, I'm going down with him. Goodbye!

Detonate on Bloodmania.

what manner of wizardry what is this I don't even what the fuck

Ohhh goodness I have my posts set on 50 per page and you still manage to fill up a whole page on Thanksgiving of all days. I would pick some other inactive to start another lynch on, but if Butterchuru treats 'sploding the way most GMs do, the day will end automatically the next time she comes online and sees that the 'splode happened.

Me neither. Lovers doesn't make any sense - if they were, Zora would (I assume) want to explode on anyone but Bloodmania??? and presumably people with the power to explode don't also have Inspector-type abilities as well, so she wouldn't know what Bloodmania even is, role-wise. The explody people are usually Mafia-aligned and the Maf have lost a crapload of people already, and Bloodmania hasn't even posted recently and aaaaahhh I don't get it.

Yeah, but if they were both lovered up, then Zora might've decided if she was going to die, then why not explode? Still weird logic, but.

I suspect either Too Dumb To Live or The Walrus Was Paul.

Too lazy to get the links for those; feel free to edit them in, mods.

The villagers watch in puzzlement as Zora of Termina grabs hold of a no less surprised Bloodmania, already halfway to the gallows, while screaming about how she's going down with him. They only barely have time to scatter before Zora presses the red button on her crudely made remote and the two of them are engulfed in a sudden inferno.

Zora of Termina is dead. She was not mafia.

Bloodmania is dead. He was not mafia.

But oh, well. All this means is you have to go pick somebody else to lynch in his place. That noose won't fill itself, you know.

You have an extra 24 hours for discussion, to be extended as needed.

...wow.

Should we just lynch another inactive?

While I'm at it, I would like to ask the healers to avoid healing me. (I doubt any of you were going to, but... just in case.) I don't need your assistance, tyvm.

holy son of a metric fucktard...
dammit what the hell is this shit?

Inactive... has Minks posted yet? they've viewed so...

Well that was...unexpected, to say the least. I'm taking a guess that they were lovers and Zora decided that she was going to kill herself anyways with that amount of votes against Bloodmania, so she used her ability to go out with a bang. Literally.

Anyways, I'd like to bring up one thing. Has Emerald Espeon even posted in this thread yet? Because she hasn't viewed it at all, so I think it would make considerably more sense to off her than someone who has at least viewed the thread.

EDIT: Oops, I guess I overlooked her 8 posts. And Minks has posted 3 times, apparently.

holy son of a metric fucktard...
dammit what the hell is this shit?

Inactive... has Minks posted yet? they've viewed so...

I'm sure I've posted on the first day.
But 50 players means I have no idea what the hell is going on here, so I've been quiet since. I really don't have anything special to contribute either.

And just for the record, I'm an innocent. Inspectors are free to check, and for a partial roleclaim, my role is sorta like Karkat Vantas's (or exactly, since I have no idea) and I'm one of those people that the mafia can't kill on one try. Not letting trope names out yet until dire circumstances or something.

Dammit you guys I go to all the trouble of writing up a whole list for you and you completely ignore it and start flailing around aimlessly and overlooking things god.

I'm with Linoone on this. I want to get going and lynch while the going's good, because chances are this is the last momentum/luck we're going to have for a while what with the doctors and/or mafia likely to (possibly inadvertently) go all fuck you Walker or Vixie or whomever. No sense risking a vote for Mawile since, again, it will probably be dealt with by a killing role/the othermafia. Shall we look for someone who has viewed and not posted (and I mean actually not posted >>;) again? Bloodmania still has nothing to say, and, let's see, there's... Big Red Cherry Bomb, Flower Doll, Worst Username Ever, Espeon, blazheirio889 and joe mama. (Also, for reference, the people who have only posted once, most if not all of whom didn't contribute anything substantial with that single post: Zora of Termina, Littlestream, Cabbage Merchant, Zhorken, Teh Ebil Snorlax, moon-panther) Those lists are comparatively lengthy and probably account more for fear of the game's speed and massive size than they do for "all lurking mafia", but I still think losing someone who isn't contributing is a better idea than waiting around.

While I'm at it, I would like to ask the healers to avoid healing me. (I doubt any of you were going to, but... just in case.) I don't need your assistance, tyvm.

I don't suppose you're going to elaborate on this? EDIT: although then again I guess I don't know how you would without claiming, but if you really don't need protection... ff.

RE: Zora/Bloodmania mindscrew: uhhh wow. I'm not even sure whether I should be bummed that they both seem to have flipped innocent, because of the very real possibility of mafia roles with misleading inspections and flips. I guess it's possible that Bloodmania was a lover and targeted Zora, who may or may not have been mafia... but if she were mafia then why wouldn't she blow up another innocent, and if she were innocent then why wouldn't she have tried to take out someone suspicious? Okay, there might be risk involved with daykilling Mawile, but erm aagh you know what I'm not even going to try and figure this out until I have less tryptophan in my system. :(

Also restating my earlier question to Vixie: was inspecting Tailsy also part of/restricted by your restriction, if you're at liberty to say so?

Last edited:

When people don't appear on the "who read this thread" list, it's highly likely that it's just because they were invisible. Don't use absence of evidence as evidence of absence.

Ok, um... That was very odd. I find it extremely odd that Zora would bomb someone who was already gonig to die. If she was a love and knew she was going to die, why not target someone else to take them out too?

As for lynching inactives, a small part of me doesn't want to do it just in case we hit an alien, but I guess an inactive person is pretty much dead weight to us :|
I was thinking to lynch Joe Mama? Kratos has said that he hasn't posted anything and I know that in a few Mafia games he's played (including my own) he didn't send in any night actions. It probably wouldn't matter what role he had if he wasn't doing anything in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom