• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

TV Tropes Mafia [DAY 7]

Re: TV Tropes Mafia [DAY 5]

You see, I am the doctor who healed Superbird on night zero. Vixie is my backup plan to ensure TVTropes Mafia's lulz. If the mafia do not change their mind, this unique game will be lost. I must prevent that at any cost. Thus, I've deemed it necessary to cross the boundaries doctors usually respect. I happily accept the stigma of anti-town for this cause.

... yeah haha nobody will get that ever. POINT IS, I healed him, yes. Which made posts like this one absolutely fucking hilarious and I am still cracking up going back over it again. That was my entire point, really -- "for the lulz". So yeah, I count it as a victory.

Night zero I healed Vixie, and the next nights Negrek and Kratos. It didn't occur to me to heal NWT, but considering he wasn't a huge target before now... it all worked out. OH! And that thing Dannichu asked...

Wait, who did you heal on night zero, Superbird or Vixie? :|

Also, can you tell us who targeted you, and with what?

I really don't know what to say to the rest of your post. Err.

Sounds good to me. Minnow.

EDIT: Kratos, I am very much mafia and will flip mafia when I die. I am just more mafia than anyone else.

I meant Minnow after Vixie. As in tomorrow. I edited the post but apparently that got snarled up in boardfail. I still don't appreciate being toyed with, thanks.

So are you saying that Negrek and Dannichu have both targeted you, but nothing happened, and that's your reasoning for them being innocent? Also, how did you know that Dave Strider was telling the truth? Did he target you too?

Negrek yes (and I don't think it's my place to elaborate), Dannichu no. She just. Has an innocent face. You know? It's like that thing twenty minutes into every Mentalist episode where they have the suspect in custody and Jane comes in and does his thing and then he says "You can let him go." "... We can't let him go, he's a suspect in a murder investigation!" "Oh, I'm not saying you have to let him go. Just that you can. Because he didn't do it." That kind of thing.

He didn't, but I figured that's what the Butterchuru-plan bit was all about. It makes as good an explanation as any.

I'm assuming you mean you healed him (Superbird) on night one? So then the Mafia doctor probably healed Superbird, and that caused a healer clash. Hm. I wonder what the internal bleeding thing is, then. MAYBE the ear-bleeding thing means the healer clash included the Mafia doctor, while the internal bleeding means the healer clash included two (or more) innocent doctors?

Yes right whichever night makes sense.

I have no idea. Don't forget about the difference between magic docs and nano docs. OH! Important tidbit!!

However, your healing magic doesn't go well with modern technology, and if some idiot has injected nanomachines into your target's bloodstream beforehand, well...

Note that it says absolutely nothing about clash by the same thingamajigger! So so so if I ask all magicky docs to heal me, maybe nothing bad will happen! >D >D

And if the Mafia doctor is still alive, and heals either you or NWT? One of you would die of healer clash, wouldn't you?

Yep! ... That would suck. Please don't do that, mafia doctor, if you exist. Because that wouldn't be fun. For me. And that's all that matters.

Wait, who did you heal on night zero, Superbird or Vixie? :|

Also, can you tell us who targeted you, and with what?

I really don't know what to say to the rest of your post. Err.

First Vixie, then Superbird, then... other people...

Only NWT and Negrek have targeted me. I confirmed NWT's role because he said it first, but considering the whole possible true-name killer, I'm not about to name tropes.

:)

What Midnight says about herself is true. Confirming that I targeted her night one and saw that her power trope was healing hands. So.

Also lynch Vixie. We can get Minnow later if we want.

Also surprise turns out I'm leaving school RIGHT NOW much earlier than anticipated and won't be able to get back online until Sunday/Monday night at the earliest. Apologies if you had anything you wanted to badger me about and for my general absence this game (I imagine it's made some people annoyed with me, and to them I do apologize), but hopefully I will actually be able to participate once I get settled in over break.

In an attempt to clear up at least some of the confusion surrounding this game right now, I say lynch Vixie.

also I apologize for the inactivity. the forum's downtime sessions made me wary of posting anything here, and when they came back the general confusion running rampant in this game sort of kept me away. Recaps are much appreciated though.

You can take that to mean they're by all appearances a bona fide member of the, ahem, Legitimate Businessmen's Social Club. One would at least think members of a social club would socialize with one another.

Vixie ♥;455246 said:
EDIT: Kratos, I am very much mafia and will flip mafia when I die. I am just more mafia than anyone else.

So if she has a Social Club Card (and I'll bet anything that she does) we know for sure she's been lying.

Edit: I don't have any kind of Vixie-idenitifying power, by the way, I just don't trust her as far and I can throw her. And I have a weak, wonky arm and can't throw anybody very far at all.

So if she has a Social Club Card (and I'll bet anything that she does) we know for sure she's been lying.

Hasn't Vixie already admitted that she carries a Legitimate Businessmen's Social Club Card?

Also, this is just a little thing, but:

Vixie ♥;455071 said:
If you are still suspicious of my claim, note that Mawile was found with a knife in their back -- i.e., they were backstabbed.

Vixie ♥;455226 said:
Again, Mawile has been the only player to have been stabbed in the back. I have chronic backstabbing disorder. Mafia killed nobody the night Mawile died. Why is this? Because I killed them before they could kill anyone.

How this is not conclusive proof I am telling the truth about my role is beyond me.

Vixie keeps using the fact that she killed Mawile (which she has been trying to prove by saying that she was stabbed in the back) to try to convince us that she's harmless to us. However:

Vixie ♥;453962 said:
How many times must it be emphasised that flavour text doesn't really mean anything? >:(

I find it hard to believe that you wouldn't have noticed the flavour text saying that Mawile was stabbed in the back (and therefore realized that the flavour text does mean something) if that was in fact caused by your night action. How would you have missed that yourself if Mawile's "back-stabbing" is as conclusive proof of your role as you claim it is?

Because I honestly wasn't paying any attention until Bachuru called to my attention that flavour text does suggest manner of death? Is it really that hard? And how many times must it be said I am mafia. I have have a club card. But whatever. I've run out of patience. I tried to be nice, but it's not fun anymore. I did what I needed to do. So lynch me, don't lynch me, don't care either way.

Retiring.

Is it possible that Vixie has an alien-like role and is trying to draw our suspicion and votes with an incredibly drawn out plan?

I'm going to stick with abstaining because this whole day has been a serious mind screw and I am thoroughly confused.

OH WHOA never mind, I got another notification and thought it was just another of the endless visitor messages surskitty's been firing off (ilu skoots) but um it was actually a PM and um it turns out I was healed by another magic-doctor last night! thank you, kind person! (I had my suspicions about you, haha!)

SO you, you can just heal me again tonight, okay? :> Also, if anyone who can target without harming (roleblock, distractor, whatever) would like to target me so I can be like "yep, these people are totes innocent", that can totally work too! And hey, mafia, try and kill me! >D I'd love to be the one to say OH YEAH AND $player IS MAFIA WITH $trope LET'S GET 'EM

\o\ \o/ /o/

OH WHOA never mind, I got another notification and thought it was just another of the endless visitor messages surskitty's been firing off (ilu skoots)
Hey! I only do that on days ending in Y!

[ ... goes back to being audience; DON'T WORRY GUYS I'M NOT PLAYING]

I never said that. I only said that one would think members of the social club would socialize with one another. Maybe the mafia have a member who they closed out of the loop. Maybe a player stole a club card. As a general rule, showing up as mafia upon death means you really are one of the mafia proper, but that just means that if there are exceptions there is an in-world reason for it.

(Nothing I say will ever confirm or discredit any player's claim about their role. Everything I say is carefully crafted to leave loopholes. Don't try to get me to help you prove someone guilty.)

Is it possible that Vixie has an alien-like role and is trying to draw our suspicion and votes with an incredibly drawn out plan?

I'm going to stick with abstaining because this whole day has been a serious mind screw and I am thoroughly confused.

Consider that she became suspicious because Tailsy died and newt roleclaimed; neither of these things could have been predicted by her.

So no, it's too convoluted of a plan for her to be an alien. Good try though!

I never said that. I only said that one would think members of the social club would socialize with one another. Maybe the mafia have a member who they closed out of the loop. Maybe a player stole a club card. As a general rule, showing up as mafia upon death means you really are one of the mafia proper, but that just means that if there are exceptions there is an in-world reason for it.

(Nothing I say will ever confirm or discredit any player's claim about their role. Everything I say is carefully crafted to leave loopholes. Don't try to get me to help you prove someone guilty.)

The Vixie situation... If she has backstabbing and hunts the Don, maybe she was once a member, but left and kept the card? and is out for vengence??

FINAL TALLY: 10 Vixie, 2 abstain, 2 Minnow

Vixie glares resentfully at the mob as they surround her. She goes proudly to the gallows, and her last words to the villagers are, "You'll be sorry."

Soon she is dead, and her house is predictably found to be stuffed with Italian suits and her pockets with business cards from the Legitimate Businessmen's Social Club.

Vixie is dead. She was mafia.

You have 48 hours to send in your night actions.

Re: TV Tropes Mafia [NIGHT 5]

Dawn breaks, and the villagers step carefully outside. Everything seems serene; there are no splattered remains as far as anyone can see, at least.

So where are Karkat Vantas and Leafstorm?

After a while of waiting (Karkat Vantas has been known to oversleep), the villagers knock on their doors and eventually break in when there is no answer, only to discover that they are both dead from sudden, puzzling heart attacks.

Karkat Vantas is dead. He was not mafia.

Leafstorm is dead. He was not mafia.

Discuss. You have 48 hours unless extended.

Back
Top Bottom