• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

TV Tropes Mafia [DAY 7]

Re: TV Tropes Mafia [DAY 2]

Is it just me or is Superbird always Mafia? :p
Anyway, I'll be right back with any helpful observations I might come up with as soon as I can free myself from TVTropes. Though it did occur to me yesterday that I don't think anyone considered the possibility of a Bulletproof role to account for how few deaths there were the first night. Probably no point mentioning that now but

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if we had a vigilante running around, which would account for Superbird's death. Can the mafia kill off one of their own? I suppose there's no reason why they can't, but it seems a little pointless, especially if lynching Superbird was going to do whatever awful things he was trying to imply. Or, I suppose if there were two mafia factions... That, or there's the requisite healer clash possibility (which, if Dave Strider was a doctor, seems rather unlikely.)

Hmm. I'll go back and read through the last nine pages, see if I can spot anything we missed amongst all the Superbird discussion.

I can imagine the mafia can choose to kill whoever they want... they are the mafia, after all. Bitches who betray gotta sleep with the fishes, and all that. As long as Superbird wasn't a don or whatever.

And why is overdose unlikely? Considering we have >40 players, it's possible we have more than two doctors.

I think I can go ahead and confess that I'm a Vigilante (Coat Hat Mask with several Wonderful Toys). I targeted Superbird last night, no clue about why he'd be bleeding from his ears. Maybe one of these things liquefied his brain...? I dunno. Shame about Dave, bodyguard is a really useful role. :( Stupid inattentive doctors.

Re: TV Tropes Mafia [NIGHT 1]

I suggest a literal cacophony, but I'm too inexperienced with TVTropes to know if such a trope exists. Not that it matters much but

Ear Ache, maybe?

-searches for more-

But yeah, I'm guessing multiple mafias.....

EDIT ....Oh....but yeah, you probably jammed something really sharp in there to cause that bleeding....

Oh well, then! Congrats Walker on having a steady hand. :D (Even if you went through the ears...)

Okayyy. Well, there go two mafia, one per night, pretty good so far.

I was thinking Superbird's role was probably a Heel Face Revolving Door / Reverse Mole / Chronic Backstabbing Disorder, which would explain why he wanted to reveal himself to us (which otherwise made no sense since it wasn't allowed and would anyhow get him killed, as evidenced) and why he kept going on about how we'd regret lynching him.

If that's the case, I'm a tad annoyed at him being dead, but since we can't be sure it is better uh, safe than sorry. And he is mafia. :\ Or, well, was...

Personally, I think Dave died protecting someone else. Also, don't aliens appear as mafia when killed? Or is that only when they are inspected?

It's only when they're inspected. Why would a dead alien be wearing an Italian suit?

Well, that solves that then. Well done, Walker. :)

I think it's just as likely that the mafia targeted Dave because of his roleclaim, but yeah, he could have been protecting someone.

Feels like we're back at square one now, though. What's our next course of action?

Well then. 2 dead mafiosos and a dead doctor. We also have a vigilante confirmed, so someone has to protect Walker tonight...if he actually is the vig.

So Walker is really the vigilante and did kill Superbird? Hooray! In that case, I think there's only one mafia group. The first night's mafia murder could've been Walker or another vigilante if there is one.

There still could be two mafia groups, though.

So Walker is really the vigilante and did kill Superbird? Hooray! In that case, I think there's only one mafia group. The first night's mafia murder could've been Walker or another vigilante if there is one.

Er, no, sorry, should have mentioned that. res wasn't my doing; I seriously have no clue what happened with him. Might be another vig out there, though.

I know we've been warned against the flavour text, but even if there are multiple Mafia groups, the Italian Suit/Businessman's Club thing sort of hints that res and Superbird were from the faction. Doesn't it?

Dave claimed that he protected me the night before, and that perhaps res died because it tried to kill me and triggered Dave's ability. There are other possibilities, sure, but I see no reason not to believe that that's the case. It stands to reason then, IMO, that at least one mafia would have intentionally gone after Dave to make sure he stayed out of their way and didn't backfire on them again; Superbird was probably Walker or other-mafia, though I agree that ear bleedage is sort of off from what you'd expect of a vig/mafia kill.

That's all well and good, but I don't think it gives us much in the way of leads. Hm. I kind of wish you hadn't claimed, Walker, because now (assuming that you're telling the truth) you've got a target on your head, and any doctors are going to have to try and outguess both each other and the mafia trying to keep you around without too much waste. :/

@Danni: Hm, that's a fair point, it might. I'm not entirely sure how much good that does us either, though.

and any doctors are going to have to try and outguess both each other and the mafia trying to keep you around without too much waste. :/

orrr we could always try to figure out some convoluted system so that we can be assured that one doctor heals Walker and the other/rest don't.

but unfortunately I can't think of any way to go about doing that without explicit roleclaim.

Well, guns are probably not considered wonderful toys when you can kill people with a toy brain. Other guy might be a Vigilante Man who uses the Vigilante Execution.

Dunno what sort of wonderful toy can just break Superbird's brain; that might not even be the case since the blood was only coming out of his ears and it's traditional for at least some to come out of the nose (or eyes or mouth). Something coloured on a recording, maybe.

Do we even know that the mafia did target Dave? It makes sense that they would, but it seems unnecessarily messy.

Guys guys guys

Dave did not roleclaim to be a Doctor
Dave roleclaimed as a Body Guard

*points to quote*

Probably wrong, but oh well. I have to roleclaim to explain tho'.

My role is Praetorian Guard. I can Take The Bullet for someone, in this case I targeted Kratos. If that person is attacked, there's a 50% chance I'll die in their place, and a 50% chance I'll survive and kill the attacker.

So the Mafia might have targeted Kratos, and I killed 'em.

So we still have all of our doctors left!

... Dave Strider roleclaimed as doctor, didn't he... :( That's a big loss, but clever. Perhaps there are two mafia factions?

I think it's safe to assume that there's only one active Mafia fraction right now; like Dannichu said, both Superbird and sres were from the Legitimate Businessmen's Social Club, and it's highly probable that it's the same Legitimate Businessmen's Social Club.

Plus the events so far can be explained quite simply, if we take into account the fact that Dave is (was) a Body Guard who protected Kratos on the first night. Unless, of course, we have some lucky healers on our hands, which could always be possible.

Here's what I think happened:

On the first night, Dave(Body Guard) protected Kratos. sres (Mafia) tried to kill Kratos, but Dave's ability killed sres. In the end, sres is dead, and Kratos and Dave are not.

A lucky healer, bulletproof, or something similar might have dodged/blocked/healed the second Mafia's first bullet, if another Mafia exists.

On the second night, Walker(Vil) killed Superbird(Mafia) because Superbird was being retarded. Mafia killed Dave.

A lucky healer, bulletproof, or something similar might have dodged/blocked/healed the second Mafia's first bullet, if another Mafia exists.

I'd very much like Occam's Razor to apply here, but it's a Mafia game and we can never be too careful, even if we have the upper-hand here.

We also might be able to assume that Kratos is not mafia by this: since Dave protected Kratos on the first night and a mafia member died (and Kratos is not dead), it's highly probable that the mafia tried to kill Kratos and thus got killed on that night, especially given the "Kratos is not allowed to survive beyond the first night of a mafia game" rule. Since there's no reason that (I can see) for the mafia to attack their own member on the first night, we can reasonably assume that Kratos is Innocent. Or an Alien. Or a Terrorist. Or some mysterious role that nobody knows about yet.

Ahhh stupid hidden roles! Making things so hard for the rest of us!

Okayyy. Well, there go two mafia, one per night, pretty good so far.

I was thinking Superbird's role was probably a Heel Face Revolving Door / Reverse Mole / Chronic Backstabbing Disorder, which would explain why he wanted to reveal himself to us (which otherwise made no sense since it wasn't allowed and would anyhow get him killed, as evidenced) and why he kept going on about how we'd regret lynching him.

If that's the case, I'm a tad annoyed at him being dead, but since we can't be sure it is better uh, safe than sorry. And he is mafia. :\ Or, well, was...

Hm, if he is (was) one of the above options, that would further complicate things...

But he's kind of incompetent, so even if he is one of those, it'd probably wouldn't help us much to have him around.

Do we even know that the mafia did target Dave? It makes sense that they would, but it seems unnecessarily messy.

If I may ask, what do you mean by "messy"?

Well, since Dave roleclaimed as a Body Guard, it'd make sense to kill him. Since Dave has a 50% chance of killing a mafia if the person he's protecting is killed, it's kind of inconvenient to have him around. It's probably the only clue they have as well, since nobody else roleclaimed yesterday (besides Superbird, but he's Mafia).

ADSFGKJ Will come back later if I have something else to say/find some way for healers to heal Walker without healing-clashing him.

Back
Top Bottom