• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

TV Tropes Mafia [DAY 7]

Re: TV Tropes Mafia [NIGHT 6]

Well! Sorry for the delay; I've had a lot of stuff on my hands and some of you didn't send in night actions. >:/

As the villagers gather the next morning, a horrible feeling creeps upon them when they realize a whole four people are missing.

The first one they find is Minnow, lying dead from a gunshot wound in the middle of a street in the residential district. A gun of his own is stuffed loosely in his belt, and he is wearing an Italian suit. The business card only confirms their suspicions.

Minnow is dead. He was mafia.

In that same neighborhood, newt is lying just inside the door of his house, bleeding from the ears but otherwise unhurt.

newt is dead. He was not mafia.

Midnight is sleeping peacefully in her bed, except she's dead. The coroner says it was a heart attack, quite puzzling for a young lady in perfect health such as her...

Midnight is dead. She was not mafia.

And, in her home, Negrek's body is hanging suspended by a belt around the neck from the living room chandelier, a chair lying on its side below her limp feet. A hastily scribbled note on the table - her handwriting, confirm those who knew her - says simply, "There is no life without you."

Negrek is dead. She was not mafia.

Discuss. 48 hours, unless it's way longer.

Uh oh, lots of experienced/good/active players dead. Good thing another Mafia's dead, but bad that we lost three innocents. Negrek appears to definitely be a Lover unless someone good at forgery planted it. I don't see anything in the summaries in Kratos's sig about gunshot wounds, heart attacks and ear-bleeding except that they've happened before (i.e. AFAIK we still don't know what caused them) but I guess it's safe to say that unless one of 'em is an innocent vigilante we still have at least three and probably many more Mafia to kill.

So far our rate of Mafias to overall deaths has been something like 1 out of 5, right? So if that's right I'm guessing we have 5ish Mafia left.

Yeah, uh, sorry for not being very helpful so far, 50 people plus secret roles plus individual win conditions plus practically everybody apparently trying to mindscrew everyone else = very hard for me to follow, even with the summaries.

... well. Uh. Midnight, newt and Minnow I sort of expected (still sucks losing newt and Midnight, especially the latter since her powers were clearly useful), but Negrek being a lover? Lol. Er. Well, at least we know how she died, then.

Ergh, well... wasn't res killed in a similar manner to Minnow? Shot by a gun? I think they're the only two people to have been killed that way. And Midnight is pretty obviously the Death Note killer?

I think the biggest positive from this night phase is taking down Minnow, finally. Mafia's going down fast, though we are too, so. :|

Have you read Dannichu's summary of the first several nights of the game?

There goes newt, who was probably a reliable investigator :( Negrek was probably lover, of course.

What is with these ear-bleeding and heart attack deaths?!

sreservoir on Day 1: a gunshot, and was mafia.
Minnow on Day 7: gunshot, and was mafia.

Superbird on Day 2: bleeding out of his ears, and was mafia.
Fruity Walkerloops on Day 3: bleeding out of his ears, and massive internal bleeding. Not mafia.
Tailsy on Day 4: ear bleeding, mafia. According to Vixie, she was a doctor turned mafia, right?
Newt on Day 7: ear bleeding, not mafia. An inspector!

Dave Strider on Day 2: a "large splatter of gore", not mafia.
Kusarigamaitachi on Day 4: "yet another suspicious blood-and-gore splatter", not mafia.

Mawile on Day 3: a long kitchen knife, mafia. Most likely Vixie who killed him.

Zhorken, Skylark, and Mai on Day 3: heart attacks, all not mafia.
Karkat Vantas and Leafstorm on Day 6: heart attacks, all not mafia.
Midnight on Day 7: heart attack, not mafia.

Negrek on Day 7: suicide by hanging, most likely a lover of Minnow, Newt, or Midnight.

So
- Gunshot killer has killed only mafia. Could be an inspector-killer or lucky vigilante, because he/she killed on the very first night!
- Earbleeding killer has killed two mafia (Superbird, Tailsy) and two non-mafias (Walker, Newt). What?!
- Gore killer is probably mafia-associated, because he/she has only killed non-mafias.
- Mawile was probably killed by Vixie.
- Heart attacker has only killed innocents, and multiple kills on two quite spread apart nights is quite strange... It's probably a balance to an otherwise quite powerful role. Probably a mafia role.
- Poor Negrek :(

(apologies if any of the information here is wrong. I haven't looked at this game in a while, and can't be bothered to reread the whole thing)

Right. The bleedy-ears-killer got newt. But since ol' Bleedy Ears has taken out a few Mafia (Superbird and Tailsy) during the game, I think it's safe to assume he/she/it is innocent-aligned and has a Vigilante-ish role.
But newt claimed to be an Inspector and since we now know for sure that newt was Innocent (and thus, we assume, had no reason to lie), it's reasonable to assume we're an Inspector down.

The heart-attack killer is the one that really intrigues me, though. Did Midnight ever explicitly reveal her role and/or trope? I could be wrong, but I think this is the first time only one person has had a heart attack in a single night.

I think we can safely say that Negrek had a Lover role; it's a shame we lost her, especially on the coattails of someone else ):

Assuming this day ends with a lynch, we'll be down to 25 players.

Edit: Aaaah, don't know where I read 'knife', clearly I shouldn't post at 2am, ignore me. Seri's right, Gunshot killer is probably an innocent-aligned vigilante.

Last edited:
Zhorken, Skylark, and Mai on Day 3: heart attacks, all not mafia.
Karkat Vantas and Leafstorm on Day 6: heart attacks, all not mafia.
Midnight on Day 7: heart attack, not mafia.

- Heart attacker has only killed innocents, and multiple kills on two quite spread apart nights is quite strange... It's probably a balance to an otherwise quite powerful role. Probably a mafia role.

I seem to remember somebody mentioning a theoretical role where a killer could douse one person each night in lighter fluid/gasoline/whatever, and at any night light a match to kill everyone he'd doused. Given the pattern (3 victims after 3 nights, another 3 after another 3, and then 1 after 1) I'd say a role with a similar function but different flavor to this is probably the culprit. Something to watch out for if we don't have heart attacks on future days.

The heart-attack killer is the one that really intrigues me, though. Did Midnight ever explicitly reveal her role and/or trope? I could be wrong, but I think this is the first time only one person has had a heart attack in a single night.

I think it was said somewhere that Midnight's trope was Healing Hands or something, but I can't find the exact post it was said in.

Then that must mean that Negrek was the lover and that that's why she was able to make that confirmation--she targeted Midnight and either Butterchuru said "You've targeted Midnight, who is the blah" or Midnight told Negrek herself. I don't recall Negrek saying anything else about being able to confirm roles, so that sounds like the most reasonable explanation.

Also, didn't we mostly-agree that res died as a result of Dave Strider (bodyguard) successfully protecting me from it night one? Someone else (don't recall who) claimed to have channeled Dave, so it's a pretty safe bet he was telling the truth about his role. I'm going to have to recheck the handy-dandy signature summaries, but I think that person died a little later...? So am I remembering that wrong and that person's still alive, or do we have another bodyguard who got lucky and stopped Minnow?

So, uh... what do we do now? We were going to lynch Minnow today, but the bodyguard or whoever seems to have taken care of that (which I guess could mean that it was a vig and that they wanted to get the "confirmed mafia" out of the way, but Walker's method didn't seem to line up with gunshots... argh). So... what do we do now? Does anyone else have any actual leads?

I seem to remember somebody mentioning a theoretical role where a killer could douse one person each night in lighter fluid/gasoline/whatever, and at any night light a match to kill everyone he'd doused. Given the pattern (3 victims after 3 nights, another 3 after another 3, and then 1 after 1) I'd say a role with a similar function but different flavor to this is probably the culprit. Something to watch out for if we don't have heart attacks on future days.

I assume you mean 3-2-1. My guess is that that particular killer (heart attacks on those that state their true trope) has used up their hits. Which is good, and I sorta doubt there'd be another exactly like them, as that would be quite imbalancing. Who knows.

Anyways, I'm positive the ear-bleeding has been healer clashes. Dunno about the one time when there was internal bleeding; perhaps another role, perhaps there were three healers that time. I'm also pretty sure the gore-spatter was Mafia, according to word-of-GM. All other deaths are accounted for; now comes the hard part of figuring out which of you lot are lying Mafia who lie.

Anyways, I'm positive the ear-bleeding has been healer clashes.

Hrml. But that wouldn't make sense -- Superbird, who was Mafia, died via ear-bleeding, and no self-respecting healer would heal him after what happened in the day time that day. Also, Walker, who claimed to be a Vig, said that he'd kill Superbird that night, which gives the healers fewer reasons to heal him.

Unless the mafia had mafia healers and targeted Superbird, and some idiot healer decided to target Superbird, too. But that still wouldn't explain the lack of Vig-kill signs...

Midnight already admitted to healing Superbird quite some time ago, though.

Really? I think I missed that... :P

But that still doesn't explain the healer clash though... You need (at least) two healers to kill someone. There's, of course, the possibility that there is a mafia healer who targeted Superbird that night; but that brings up more questions such as why the mafia would want one of their own killed.

It does seem like ear-bleeding is healer clash, since all who died via ear-bleed (besides Superbird) have important roles. However, it also could be a mafia killer who targeted said roles because they're important.

Hrml. Confusing.

I rember being a role like the one Jack decribed a while ago, and this does seem to fit that description.

I doubt a Mafia doctor would heal Superbird...

I guess. So few people seem to have checked in "today" that the list of inactives, if we want to go that route, has suddenly gotten quite a bit longer; I find it hard to believe that they'd fail to notice the new phase notification for this long unless they're actually gone, but they also can't all be mafia. Disapproving glare to all the absentees.

I have to get ready for class + a long day out, but if no one else can come up with a reasonable bandwagon before then (or, you know, just share any information... I checked and Leafstorm-channeling-Dave is dead, right, but I'm still curious as to whether there are any other bodyguards that might have shot Minnow) then I guess I can try to run down the list of boring inactive people... not that you really need me to do that so it would be awesome if someone else could step up to the plate and help for once...?

Back
Top Bottom