• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed Twospirits

Elegance sat down tired after fighting the strong Raticate.

She spotted a Seviper and walked over to talk 'Hello, I'm Elegance, what's your name?'

Feeling the vibrations of someone approaching, Basil looked up just in time to see an Espeon standing in front of him. He almost fell off his rock in surprised, but he wasn't in a very good mood after his previous encounter. It was as if he could still feel the others staring at him and talking behind his back.

Basil hissed, trying to act fierce and protect his rock. "What do you want?" he sneered. "Are you going to stare and laugh too?" He curled his tail around, trying to hide his wound... his sign of weakness.. from the Espeon.

Upon hearing this, Ivy couldn't take the guilt any longer. She walked up to Basil.

"Look, I'm sorry..." she said, "It wasn't about you personally. But the thing is..." she paused for a moment to get her words straight.

"You know that odd birthmark you have?" she motioned towards her own. "And those strange feelings, like you're connected to someone because of it? Well, everyone here has it. And the whole world's out to get us because of it. That's why we all have to stick together and...you know, not eat each other. I'm sorry, I know it's kind of hard to understand, and it seems unfair that we dragged you away from some prey, but..."

She caught a bit of movement in the corner of her eye. There was a flash of purple and a curled tail.

Basil noticed another figure approaching. It looked, felt, and even smelled similar to the Espeon, but not the same... but it was something he recognized... The Leafeon from before... the same one who attacked him and drove him away.

The Leafeon seemed to be talking a mile a minute, just leaving Basil more and more confused. He didn't like being confused, but he couldn't help it.

Basil backed off the rock, looking scared. "Leave me alone... you already stole my prey... eat him... don't come after me... I'm warning you..."

Ivy's guilt began to turn into frustration. Geez, ho much more clear can I get? Still, she didn't like his reaction from fear.

"I'm sorry," she said, slowly and deliberately. "I didn't mean to hurt you. No one wants to eat anyone here." She cut herself off there, avoiding over-complicating the issue.. She shot Basil a look of understanding and turned back towards the others

Paws padded on the soft ground of the hill. Eyes looked as Breo slid down the hill into the clearing. Looking around slightly, he padded over to a Seviper and Espeon. Tapping the Espeon with his paw, he titled his head. "Elegance, right? It's Breo. Your 'secpnd half' remembere?" He waved his paw around slowly. ((Sorry about that. Stuff came up.))

(Yeah, it's fine)

Elegance looked around and saw Breo for the first time. She gasped and said' He...hello. It's so exciting to finally meet you! I've always wondered what your real life voice sounds like, what you look like. It's so great'

Hearing the Gardevoir yelling at him, Bedivere turned around and saw her face to face. "I'll just move away, so that you don't hear me, OK?" he said, and stood up, lifted the log and walked away a bit, before sitting down again and carving in the log. "Just stay calm. She have to have a reason to be like that, just wait until you find out why and have understanding for her" he thought, and took a quick look at the Gardevoir, before turning to the cut log once again and began carving out something that began taking the shape of a arm. He looked up once again, this time taking a quick look around him, there was many other Pokémon there, including a Espeon, a Umbreon, a Miltank and a Tauros. All of them seemed to be stuck in the same position as him, having to team up with someone they don't know at all.

"Well, if that's how you want it, then fine. I might not be fast, but speed isn't everything. I bet you you couldn't do anything if your speed was halved. You would be very vulnerable. That's the problem with Pokemon like you. You think you're all that, when you have major flaws that will be your downfall, and then the people who want to actually help you are ignored."

Phantasmos felt good verbally beating the shit out of that asshole of a Ninjask. He hoped that took care of some of that arrogance just oozing off it.

Phantasmos really liked to try and change the subject, didn't it? Trying to turn everything against Celeritas. The shedinja probably thought it was smart, too, doing that... ugh. And even just by isolating the shedinja's statement about halving Celeritas's speed was ridiculous.

"Of course you wouldn't think speed is important," Celeritas said, "being slow. You can't understand what it can do, especially not at my level. I shouldn't expect you to - none of you. Only ninjask know what I mean, but because of you they turned me away."

The situation the shedinja presented was stupid. As if Celeritas would let anything halve his speed! As if it was that simple, to do such things - though perhaps it was, with the dark power that brought discarded shells to life. But that was unimportant - anything that wanted to slow him down had to catch him first, and if it caught him, he obviously wasn't using his speed right, anyway.

"And even at half my speed I'm much faster than you. But you're not listening. I know I have flaws - that's what my speed covers. That's why you are a problem. You can't do anything about my flaws. You can't cover my weaknesses for me. I have to leave the swarm and fly alone in such a slow world and the reason isn't even a good one. It doesn't make sense, except because ninjask are related to shedinja, but we leave our empty, useless husks behind for a reason."

Celeritas was seriously considering just killing the shedinja... or probably just arranging the shedinja's death, but his speed could help there, too. He didn't know what would happen, but maybe he'd get the half of his soul back and he could return to his swarm. If Phantasmos's personality came with the soul, though, Celeritas didn't want it.

"Well, well. I seem to have underestimated the sheer repetitiveness of such a wily Ninjask. I get that you think speed is important. I get that you think I'm some kind of weird thing that shouldn't be created. But I'm here, so accept it. And also, you think I didn't have a family? One who inspired me, cared for me? You think I'm just some lonely piece of shit?! Well, guess what! You're wrong!!"

Phantasmos was starting to boil over in anger. He usually kept his cool, but this Ninjask tore at his last nerve.

"I never wanted anything to do with the likes of you! My family told me how Shedinja are left behind because we're just hollowed out shells of you guys! You think I'm incompetent? You think I will slow you down? If this is so, then I would have already been dead. But guess what? I'm here, alive and well, so I'd suggest shutting up so we can actually get along! There's nothing you can do about this! Forget about the past! The future is what lies ahead, and if you don't take it, you'll just be left behind, no matter how fast you seem to be able to go."

"So, what do you think we need to do? Since we're the outcasts..." Aster asked.

He shivered.

"Hopefully...we'll be fine." he said.

Now the shedinja was accusing Celeritas of saying things he never said. He didn't even touch upon the subject of the shedinja's swarm. He didn't imply he thought that way either - he just didn't care. Empty shells could gather together if they liked, finding comfort in having more of them because they thought their swarm gave them meaning. That wasn't the issue.

Nor was the shedinja's incompetence - okay, so that was a problem too, but not the one Celeritas was talking about.

"We're not even compatible. In our fighting styles." He spoke slowly, dragging out each syllable, trying to exaggerate it. It wasn't working - he sounded more like a non-ninjask speaking slightly slower than usual. "You probably are incompetent and it is fact that you, barring a mystical ability to travel as if at my speed, will slow me down." Speaking too fast again - he slowed himself. "But even if you were the most powerful shedinja in existence, it wouldn't matter, because our styles do not match. I can, perhaps, cover your weaknesses, by attacking before you'd usually have a chance to move. You cannot do anything similar for me."

Did the shedinja get it now? It wasn't only useless in general, but particularly useless as a ninjask's partner. And pokemon useless in battle did tend to have other ways of survival, although there was some question as to whether a shedinja counted as alive.

"We're not going to get along. There's no point, anyway. We can't fight together. And you're being ridiculous. Forget the past? The future leaving me behind? I'm sure you mean something very profound, but you're presenting it all wrong. My future is without you, even if it takes years to defeat the hunter and get to that point. You just happen to exist, until then - the reason I'm one of the hunted."

He paused. He hadn't fallen into his normal talking speed throughout all of that. Perhaps he was improving.

"Someone as slow as you shouldn't have such a temper. It's bad for your own fighting style. If your characteristics are no good for each other, it's not surprising that you aren't a good partner for other pokemon."

Silver shrugged at his Kangaskhan comment. "Names don't determine what kind of Pokemon you are, nor your appearance." She grinned, wondering aloud, "Why are a lot of the others fighting at a time like this? Isn't this supposed to be peace?" At the last sentence, she raised her voice just a little.

Ruin nodded in agreement and grunted. "Good point." As he looked around, everyone was arguing about something or another. He was just about fed up with their gabble, but he would try to ignore it for a bit longer before he smarled something.

((Yay, made up words :D ))

((Nuuuu I missed three pages ;_;))
Vai blinked. Everything seemed to happen so fast... Ivy was coming over now.
"Are you trying to help the Serviper? Don't go too close, he looks kinda hungry."

((Um. No idea.))

Brigh's smile vanished at Aster's question.

"Well, that's... something I don't really know. It's really nice to have each others' protection, but there are a lot more of them than there are of us... But I really am trying to think about this. I was rather popular back home... but us Illumise and Volbeat aren't exactly the strongest things out there. If there was a single Charizard or something that hated our kind with all its heart, it could destroy us.

"But I don't really think these are all the whatchamacallits in the world. There are a lot more opposites that could make possible pairs out there... There's Milotic and Gyarados, Beautifly and Dustox, Solrock and Lunatone, and I'd bet my soul- well, my half of the soul, but you get what I mean- that Latios and Latias are up there. Maybe even every Latios or Latias born is one of us."

((Jesus Christ, I'm ranting again, aren't I? *shot*))

Angel simply looked the other way. At least her family knew how to treat her. But then... they'd seemed happy to be rid of her... No, she shouldn't think like that. Of course they were sad. They had to be sad to lose a princess like her.

"Hmph..." she stared at the ground. The sooner whatever was going to happen happened, the better.

Apollo crept through the grass, wary of more predators. He was visibly shaken by the attack, blue eyes wide.

Wait!

Back there, he had seen her! His soulmate!

He scampered back and came to a skidding stop next to Artemis, bouncing excitedly now.

"It's you!"

At the edge of the clearing, two balls of light materialized, one red, one blue. They hovered just above the top of the grass, gleaming in the sunlight.

Back
Top Bottom