• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed Twospirits

Breo sniffed at Elegance's fur, titling his head at her response. Chuckling at her reply, he closed his eyes letting wind buffet his skin. "Er...thanks. Nice to meet you too?" He shook her head at her response. 'She's so...weird,' he thought to himself before padded a distance away and holding up his head. "I...smell something," he finished. His eyes shifted over to the two balls of light gleaming overhead.

Aster stared at the lights.

"Maybe..." he said, "Shall we see what those lights are?"

He flew upwards. He motioned to Brigh.

Vai grinned to Ivy.
"Want to go take a look, or just sit here?" Without waiting for an answer, Vai dashed up to the lights and sniffed one. She looked back at Ivy. "Coming?"

Looking at his newfound friend, Mark felt something click inside, and without a word grabbed her hand and dashed after the others, tugging Serenity by her paw. Electricity crackled from his cheeks as Mark was filled with an odd happiness.

"Hey, Serenity, what do you think those glows are?"

Bedivere had been working with the statue that was beginning to take shape out of the log, the shape of a Gardevoir, that is, he had often been carving in wood to make maybe not perfect, but at least good small statues out of it. He grabbed the statue, which was around the same length as his head, and took a little closer look. When suddenly seeing the lights that had appeared. "Holy Arceus, this was clearly unexpected"" he thought, putting down the statue and walked closer to take a closer look, just like the other Pokémon seemed to do.

"Alright then." Phantasmos regained his calm demeanor. "Some of this stuff was unnecessary, but I digress. I don't see how I couldn't help you out in battle. Our styles may be different, but not only are two heads better than one, but it seems to me from personal experience that two different heads are better than one"

He hoped the Ninjask was seeing it now. Phantasmos was actually starting to like the Ninjask, if only a little bit and only because of his sheer narrow-mindedness.

"Now, look at all the other Pokemon gathered around here. Their counterparts are also their opposites. Some of them also have different fighting styles, and they seem to be getting along quite all right. If you're going to listen to anything I say, just listen to my next sentence. If we just got to know each other, not only would we get along, we could actually improve each others' lives."

((To FMC: We can read each others' minds, right? To Kusa: If we can read each others' minds, can we do something where I can only temporarily read your ind because you can't accept that you have only half a soul? This is only an idea))

Last edited:
Brigh eagerly flew off after Aster.

She wasn't exactly sure, but maybe following lights wasn't such an odd experience for Aster; Volbeat were always following Illumise around. But this was her first time following rather than leading.

She could understand why they did it. The lights were so entrancing, seemingly calling her name, telling her to follow. They were hypnotizing, and she desperately wanted to touch one.

(I was wondering where you were... Just read the whole thing, you'll need to anyway. In particular, make sure you read my posts, since I'm your partner.)

Stupid idiot snake stupid stupid
Ricky streaked through the forest, tilting her head every so often to lick at a Seviper bite on her shoulder. She was immune to poison, which was probably a good thing. It was however, bleeding profusely because she'd been running. So now she was somewhat hurt, (the Seviper she'd run into hadn't been so lucky, it was now headless and very dead) and late. But this wasn't the time to be sulking, there were voices up ahead.
Screeching to a halt, she gave her shoulder one last lick and stood up on her hind paws. The Zangoose slowed down to a walk, looking calm completely in control. There, by a boulder. A different Seviper than before, looking rather upset. Her soul mate. A fitting, if rather corny phrase.
"Hello, I am Ricky. You are Basil, I assume?"
Despite her rather formal greeting, she grinned impishly and added,
"Very sorry, I was going to be here sooner, but I had, er, an unfortunate incident with another Seviper. For your sake, I really hope he wasn't related."

Aster fluttered around in the sky. He playfully tackled Brigh. It was so long since he felt this way.

He smiled widely.

Basil was just laying still around the boulder. He was worried. He watched lots of other Pokémon finding their partners. But his Ricky wasn't there. He looked down and closed his eyes for a moment.

Suddenly, he felt vibrations flowing into his sensitive body. Basil looked up and turned his head toward the source. Standing there was a Zangoose, who looked like she had just emerged from a fight. He just stared for a moment, almost in disbelief. And when he heard her speak, his heart just skipped a beat.

"Ricky! It IS you!" Basil felt like he had known her all her life. He practically leaped off the rock toward her, tackling and wrapping himself around her. He rubbed his head then against her thick, furry neck. "I missed you so much... I knew you would come." He didn't seem to care anymore that she had made him wait... that was in the past. More importantly, she was finally here.

Not expecting this, Ricky staggered backwards and almost fell over. Regaining her balance, she gave Basil a bear hug, laughing. Normally, she didn't laugh much and was more aloof around other Pokemon she didn't really know, (especially Seviper) but it seemed so right.
"Of course I did, silly, I wouldn't forget you just 'cause of a fight! I'm sorry, but I promise that won't happen again."

Brigh squeaked in surprise as Aster's body hit her, but after the initial shock (which took, like, two nanoseconds to get over) she laughed a tinkly laugh. Anyone waiting for Santa Clause to land on their roof would've thought it was jingle bells jangling on the reindeers' harness.

She shoved him back, being careful to not push him out of the air (although she doubted she could do that anyways) and flitted around.

Angel snorted again as she watched the Volbeat and Illumise flit around in the air. They looked like idiots. And the constant arguing of the Shedinja and Ninjask were grating her nerves. Ugh, and now a bloody Zangoose had shown up and was happy to be near a Seviper? She'd been looking forward to a fight of epic proportions. At least her partner knew how to act tolerable.

That in mind, she spared a quick glance at him, and that carving. But, as she did he appeared to walk away, toward a pair of lights. They were... strangely enticing, certainly fit for someone as special as her. So she began to move toward them.

Basil continued his embrace of the Zangoose for nearly half a minute, feeling calmed by her warmth and heartbeat. He then slid back off, laying in the grass, and lifted his head so that he was at eye level with Ricky. "They're so mean... That green fox especially... they ganged up and kept me from catching a tasty little Nidoran... why would they care so much about a little prey? All I heard for a reason was something about some birthmark and staying together... Can you help me... help teach them a lesson?" He then stared back at the others.

Within about a second of meeting her soul mate, Serenity found herself being almost dragged off by him. Oddly enough, she didn't mind.

"Those glows?" she asked. "I'm not really sure. My first thought would probably be Volbeat and illumise, though it's not the two of them that are here."

"Birthmark..?", Ricky echoed, looking confused. She glanced at the other Pokemon, then the II mark on her own fur. That was probably what Basil meant. Probably.
'Teach them a lesson?' Oh boy..
"I don't think that would be a good idea. When they said the stuff about a birthmark, they meant.. well, you know how we're connected, kind of? The Nidoran is with someone too. So if we ate em', his partner wouldn't have anyone the way everyone else does. I saw lots of other Nidoran a little way back from where I came that you can eat, nobody'll mind."

Apollo poked Artemis gently in the side with his horn, careful not to hurt her. The lights were so pretty... He couldn't help watching them out of the corner of his eye.

"Let's go investigate those lights...!" He said, wiggling his ears.

The lights, meanwhile, materialized into two forms - a Latias and Latios. The place where a triangle of the opposite colour should be on their chests was in the the shape of the Twospirit mark.

Back
Top Bottom